Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, the Spurs give way too preferential treatment to Timmy, Manu, and TP according to guys like SJax....

Then it's the Spurs don't give start treatment to their guys....

Truth is that there is no black/white to these narratives....

Maybe Dedmon and Simmons have legit gripes...But they better not forget to thank the ing Spurs for the fat, new contracts they got while they're bottom feeding in the East

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, the Spurs give way too preferential treatment to Timmy, Manu, and TP according to guys like SJax....

Then it's the Spurs don't give start treatment to their guys....

Truth is that there is no black/white to these narratives....

Maybe Dedmon and Simmons have legit gripes...But they better not forget to thank the ing Spurs for the fat, new contracts they got while they're bottom feeding in the East
    ing Simmons wanted 50 mil.

At no point was he worth more than 6mil a year. And that's what he got.

Mother ers think they got played because of the RFA clause. Yeah no , dip . The team that gives you resources should have first dibs.

Thank their lucky stars the spurs even picked them up for gleague.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the better option to how they handled it?
    I think the "blame" is them not realizing that Kawhi was cut from a different cloth than Duncan. Duncan is a once in forever franchise player.

So, maybe they handle Kawhi with kid gloves and give in to some of his star treatment demands....

Again, I don't know. I'm fine with how they handled it. I think 99% of the blame is on Kawhi and the group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People grasping at straws to try to blame the Spurs here. Kawhi got butt hurt over Tony's comments when they were supportive. He failed to communicate with anyone. He literally picked up his ball and ran home when things were tough. He couldn't even be bothered to be on the bench in the playoffs.

You have to reach so damn hard to blame the organization for this. Kawhi may get easily offended - I dont know - but if he was and his family took advantage of that to mee thier agenda then good luck with trying to blame the Spurs for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the "blame" is them not realizing that Kawhi was cut from a different cloth than Duncan. Duncan is a once in forever franchise player.

So, maybe they handle Kawhi with kid gloves and give in to some of his star treatment demands....

Again, I don't know. I'm fine with how they handled it. I think 99% of the blame is on Kawhi and the group.
    I mean Duncan isn't once in a lifetime though because Manu was a lot like him and Drob was too. But yeah, Kawhi is nothing like them and he had us all fooled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also Lowe for saying the Spurs are arrogant for believing they can develop their players. They've only been doing it for 20 years. I hope Murray destroys the league this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Zach Lowe is public enemy one now?

I remeber when he was mad supportive of the spurs 2014 run.

For fans when journalist say the good things about you..we love.

But if they highilight their flaws. He's a loser

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Zach Lowe is public enemy one now?

I remeber when he was mad supportive of the spurs 2014 run.

For fans when journalist say the good things about you..we love.

But if they highilight their flaws. He's a loser
    I remember you're the Pinoy Marauder and should shut the up...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Spurs fan I wouldn't forget that the Spurs were willing to give Pau Gasol $48M instead of keeping a young-good defender-Dedmon.

Also, they kept old guards/wings one season more instead of giving Simmons more minutes. Simms wasn't MJ but he played well for this team and his game would have helped us last regular season.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dedmon and Simmons were bums. They haven't shown since leaving. They both probably wanted 50mil contracts for being bums.

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As Spurs fan I wouldn't forget that the Spurs were willing to give Pau Gasol $48M instead of keeping a young-good defender-Dedmon.

Also, they kept old guards/wings one season more instead of giving Simmons more minutes. Simms wasn't MJ but he played well for this team and his game would have helped us last regular season.
    If they wanted to keep them they would have. There was word Simmons and Dedmon were bad influences to Kawhi on the non Spurs way side of things. It was the in some tweet. There’s a reason they aren’t with us.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando Magic- 25-57.
    Atlanta Hawks- 24-58.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Life Goes On

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither present nor past Pop would try to break up a family.
    If a member of Spurs management or medical staff said something that Kawhi didn't like and his uncle took advantage of it...Past Pop would kill that Spurs' member while telling Kawhi and his uncle "See? There is no need to worry. When Tim told me about the issue of his fams in our plane I promised him to buy a whole planes fleet only for them. That's how we treat our franchise guy."

Past Pop would deactivate and neutralize every greedy uncle attempt.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If a member of Spurs management or medical staff said something that Kawhi didn't like and his uncle took advantage of it...Past Pop would kill that Spurs' member while telling Kawhi and his uncle "See? There is no need to worry. When Tim told me about the issue of his fams in our plane I promised him to buy a whole planes fleet only for them. That's how we treat our franchise guy."

A lot of thinking for something that didn't happen dude.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It’s not just the Uncle bud...

If it is then that’s a bigger problem in your boy Kawhi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they wanted to keep them they would have. There was word Simmons and Dedmon were bad influences to Kawhi on the non Spurs way side of things. It was the in some tweet. There’s a reason they aren’t with us.
    Dedmon is still a way better defender than Pau Gasol. And younger.

Since when we judge players by their bad or good "influences" out-court and not by how they play on-court? Otherwise, you can have a bunch of nice guys who can't beat anyone on court.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brah Pop ran it back with his best players. Dedman is old as already. And he didn't do in the playoffs besides cheer. And the team the FO built around Kawhi did work. Kawhi was the only failure. Sad but true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not just the Uncle bud...

If it is then that’s a bigger problem in your boy Kawhi
    When he's physically healthy, "mentally ill"-Kawhi could still play at great level...That's good enough for any franchise in this league.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Poop was cracking the whip during practice..so stifling ..

It is funny coming from someone who was ting on most of these players as some "scrubs" or guys who wouldn't move the needle and now you're switching to pathetic arguments about a Spurs environment not conducive "entertainment" and "heroism" as the reason for them asking out or let go....
    Pop was cracking the stench of a coach who's long past his prime that spends more of his time these days with the media cracking jokes and talking about politics rather than his own coaching mistakes.

It isn't about the quality of the player, it's about the fact that they weren't happy. You know what they say about smoke and fire, tbh. How can you expect to attract new max free agents when you can't even keep the ones you have happy? CP3, Lebron James and Kevin Durant aren't walking through those doors.

Btw, some of those "scubs" wouldn't have been playing for the Spurs had the PATFO been like the majority of contenders that chose quality over quan y or players with a proven track record.. Quite dipping your tail into the G-League and euro trash bins for players that fit some illogical system or NBA players that are way past their prime and bring in athletes with athletic ability and shooters that can actually shoot.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Dedmon and Simmons were bums. They haven't shown since leaving. They both probably wanted 50mil contracts for being bums.
    Pau Gasol and Paddy Mills are bums and they're making a load more money.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol and Paddy Mills are bums and they're making a load more money.
    Those bums had the warriors in their home floor about to take home court got.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

That post made no sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That post made no sense.
    A lot of thinking for something that didn't happen dude.
    Agree. Just because we won't see "Past Pop" anymore.

Thread Information