And who currently owns Beats?

BigApple
    Irrelevant.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You brought up Beats coming from the streets.

Now they're coddled

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You brought up Beats coming from the streets.

Now they're coddled
    It'd be great if this thread turned into intelligent discussion of headphones. Sadly, it's..."hey...let's make fun of the Beats guy".

So whatever. I don't care what anyone listens too.
    Just don't ask my advice and then when your realize you have crappy audio equipment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    if you don't have 2 riva turbo x's, then you just think you're listening to good sound, cuz you aint never heard good sound.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    if you don't have 2 riva turbo x's, then you just think you're listening to good sound, cuz you aint never heard good sound.
    Riva doesn't even figure out how to make headphones. But they have good reviews on their speakers.

I'll check em out and provide a review and score based on a 1 to Beats scale.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    o. I need advise on the subject

All 3 of these models have a detachable cable & come with default or adapter 3.5mm

My main requirement is durability. In terms of sound I am a novice and some of my personal use music is lackluster quakity. Also and this is big: I want to avoid the need of an amp. Which I believe is impossible with option #3

A) closed back - safe bet

B) open back

C) would likely require amp

Question: is the open back really only for home & quiet space use? That will satisfy the majority of my use but would like to occasionally use in car or in work break room. Is open back more revealing sound in & out than for example ear in headphones?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I got some sick studio Sennheisers.. using a powered amp, in my case a Traktor Kontrol S4 they will leave you deaf for a while after using them if you're not careful. They have springs that cause the cups to squeeze your head, which in turn makes the bass sound so much deeper.
    Which model?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    got some free bose soundsport earbuds and they ing suck ass! they're good if your phone is directly at your head but putting it in your back pocket will have them cutting in and out & walking a few feet away does the same. they were free so i'll deal with them for now.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    HD 280

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Amp is not required for this model. Did you notice performance improvement? Or with specific players such as laptop vs smartphone

Do you still use them 1 year later

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I settled on these as a starter after recommendation from friend in the auto industry

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Amp is not required for this model. Did you notice performance improvement? Or with specific players such as laptop vs smartphone

Do you still use them 1 year later
    Amp is absolutely required. It sounds like otherwise. My phone can't push these headphones.

These go loud as and not having an amp will not allow you to use them to their potential. I use them almost daily, other than the pleather tearing off they still work like new.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I settled on these as a starter after recommendation from friend in the auto industry

Behringer has made a living basically ripping off successful products, and adding their logo to it. The reason why they stick around doing it this way is because the product isn't half bad.. but 20 bucks on some DJ style headphones is pretty sketchy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Amp is absolutely required. It sounds like otherwise. My phone can't push these headphones.

These go loud as and not having an amp will not allow you to use them to their potential. I use them almost daily, other than the pleather tearing off they still work like new.
    I guess you have no choice but doesn't it brvike tiresome to carry 3 items around - headphones, mobile phone and amp

What if no amp but only listen in mid volume level. Don't blast it. How much did your amp cost anyway

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I guess you have no choice but doesn't it brvike tiresome to carry 3 items around - headphones, mobile phone and amp

What if no amp but only listen in mid volume level. Don't blast it. How much did your amp cost anyway
    You could definitely use the headphones for on the go if you are cool with moderate listening levels and wearing huge over the ear headphones while you're out and about.. This type of headphone on the go is not practical for me

Certain devices are louder than others, for example my iPod pushes volumes much higher than my LG g8 does, so that's something to consider.

My amps are actually audio interfaces (sound cards).. One on my Traktor Kontrol S4, the other my M-Track 2x2. Neither is for on the go of course.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    You could definitely use the headphones for on the go if you are cool with moderate listening levels and wearing huge over the ear headphones while you're out and about.. This type of headphone on the go is not practical for me

Certain devices are louder than others, for example my iPod pushes volumes much higher than my LG g8 does, so that's something to consider.

My amps are actually audio interfaces (sound cards).. One on my Traktor Kontrol S4, the other my M-Track 2x2. Neither is for on the go of course.
    You also use an Ipod! Ha we are a dying breed.

Oh okay so serious audio work. I still use an older model iPod and am concerned how it will all sound. I'll write a review once they arrive - Dec 6th

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jeebus, doesn’t anyone care about their ears anymore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You also use an Ipod! Ha we are a dying breed.

Oh okay so serious audio work. I still use an older model iPod and am concerned how it will all sound. I'll write a review once they arrive - Dec 6th
    I ing hate Apple, and the iPod doesn't get used.. but it's still MUCH louder than the audio my phone puts out. If you're using an iPod you should be able to push those headphones nicely, I've never used an iPhone so I don't know how they are with audio files but I'd assume it's the same tech

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    I ing hate Apple, and the iPod doesn't get used.. but it's still MUCH louder than the audio my phone puts out. If you're using an iPod you should be able to push those headphones nicely, I've never used an iPhone so I don't know how they are with audio files but I'd assume it's the same tech
    I actually have never owned an iPhone but still use IPod to gym and love my MacBook Pro

Thank you for the advice. I shall ask you more as it comes to me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Jeebus, doesn’t anyone care about their ears anymore.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I actually have never owned an iPhone but still use IPod to gym and love my MacBook Pro

Thank you for the advice. I shall ask you more as it comes to me.
    Get yourself some Audio Technica ATH-M50x. Best bang for th buck, IMO.

I've had mine for six years and other than the ear pads being torn up, they still sound new. I purchased a Bluetooth adapter and use them at the gym and they've held up despite being in the sauna and steam room.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    No headphones. Bose speakers, and my car radio are good enough. i don't walk around listening to music in public like a dip .

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    College
    Oregon State Beavers
    I got some Plantronics headphones. Very nice.

Thread Information