Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, we all remember your crediting Obama for the economic growth in 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In May, inflation hit 2.8 percent and grew faster than wages, which increased 2.75 percent. Inflation numbers for June come out on Thursday.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/06/b...ion-wages.html

tlong FAIL.

Again.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I hope I FAIL like that every year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    confirms that real wages are falling (inflation more than offsetting wages gains.)

Will Trash intimidate the Fed into letting inflation go higher to keep unemployment down?

or will the Fed, in usual tactic, raise rates to kill millions of jobs to keep wages down?

"white working class" Trash votes getting screwed, but we like Macho Man, abortion!, LGBT, and above all we whites hate browns, blacks, Muslims no matter what.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under Obama, it surged 4 times over 4%. One of them being in the 5% bracket.

Try again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you are in the top quintile, your boat is not getting floated, and

your household debt is increasing to record levels.

Americans have amassed a record $13.2 trillion in debt, but economists aren’t that worried about it

https://qz.com/1280927/us-household-...13-2-trillion/

enslaved to interest payments that Capital suckered you with, and BigFinance will you if you get behind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presidente Trumpeta no La Chinglary

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Our ‘Winner-Take-Most’ Economy, the Wealth Is Not Spreading

Labor’s share of the pie is still crumbs. Is there a way for workers to regain some control over their lives?

Nearly half the country’s voters support a president who embraces upwardly redistributive policies that many of them do not benefit from.

Why?

Because on race, religion, abortion, LGBTQ rights and immigration,

President Trump — unlike previous Republican presidents — has given his voters exactly what they want.

Nearly half the country’s voters support a president who embraces upwardly redistributive policies that many of them do not benefit from.

“Industries are increasingly characterized by a ‘winner take most’ feature where a small number of firms gain a very large share of the market,”

As superstar firms gain market share across a wide range of sectors, the aggregate share of labor falls.

the decline in the size of the pie going to labor — known among economists as “labor share” —

coincides with the rise of superstar firms and increasingly with the use of outsourcing to “temporary help agencies and independent contractors and freelancers for a wider range of activities previously done in-house,

including janitorial work, food services, logistics and clerical work.”

“fissuring of the workplace” that

can directly reduce the labor share by saving on the wage premia typically paid by large high-wage employers to ordinary workers and by reducing the bargaining power of both in-house and outsourced workers in occupations subject to outsourcing threats and increased labor market compe ion.

Together, these workplace trends account “for a significant portion of the increase in U.S. wage inequality since 1980.”

Policymaking, judicial decisions and structural changes in the economy have functioned in concert to weaken the clout of voters, consumers, workers and minorities — with considerable support and little or no objection from a key part of the electorate.

The Supreme Court has played a well-do ented role in this process, especially in decisions on campaign finance and business law that have empowered corporations and the super rich.

“Concentration in product markets can be mirrored by its labor market equivalent — monopsony — that exists when employers face limited compe ion for workers.”

Firms dominating concentrated labor markets “face relatively inelastic labor supply” (i.e., job choices are limited) which, in turn, allows employers to “reduce wages without losing all (or even a large fraction) of their workforces.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/26/o...-midterms.html

We can expect the above storm for lower 4 quintiles to continue and worsen.

How can we expect otherwise?

What would stop or reverse it? nothing

The comment about the oligarchy-packed SCOTUS is amplified the oligarchy/Repugs polluting the Federal judiciary (where 95% of rulings are made) with political hacks in robes.

iow, the oligarchy intends to control society (enriching/protecting themselves) not by legislation, which is unreliable, but by judicial activism by political judges ruling in their favor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In Our ‘Winner-Take-Most’ Economy, the Wealth Is Not Spreading

Labor’s share of the pie is still crumbs. Is there a way for workers to regain some control over their lives?

Why?

Because on race, religion, abortion, LGBTQ rights and immigration,

President Trump — unlike previous Republican presidents — has given his voters exactly what they want.

“Industries are increasingly characterized by a ‘winner take most’ feature where a small number of firms gain a very large share of the market,”

As superstar firms gain market share across a wide range of sectors, the aggregate share of labor falls.

the decline in the size of the pie going to labor — known among economists as “labor share” —

coincides with the rise of superstar firms and increasingly with the use of outsourcing to “temporary help agencies and independent contractors and freelancers for a wider range of activities previously done in-house,

including janitorial work, food services, logistics and clerical work.”

“fissuring of the workplace” that

can directly reduce the labor share by saving on the wage premia typically paid by large high-wage employers to ordinary workers and by reducing the bargaining power of both in-house and outsourced workers in occupations subject to outsourcing threats and increased labor market compe ion.

Together, these workplace trends account “for a significant portion of the increase in U.S. wage inequality since 1980.”

Policymaking, judicial decisions and structural changes in the economy have functioned in concert to weaken the clout of voters, consumers, workers and minorities — with considerable support and little or no objection from a key part of the electorate.

The Supreme Court has played a well-do ented role in this process, especially in decisions on campaign finance and business law that have empowered corporations and the super rich.

“Concentration in product markets can be mirrored by its labor market equivalent — monopsony — that exists when employers face limited compe ion for workers.”

Firms dominating concentrated labor markets “face relatively inelastic labor supply” (i.e., job choices are limited) which, in turn, allows employers to “reduce wages without losing all (or even a large fraction) of their workforces.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/26/o...-midterms.html

We can expect the above storm for lower 4 quintiles to continue and worsen.

How can we expect otherwise?

What would stop or reverse it? nothing

The comment about the oligarchy-packed SCOTUS is amplified the oligarchy/Repugs polluting the Federal judiciary (where 95% of rulings are made) with political hacks in robes.

iow, the oligarchy intends to control society (enriching/protecting themselves) not by legislation, which is unreliable, but by judicial activism by political judges ruling in their favor.

was obama's admin not an oligarchy?

let's see how this plays out... lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as well boutons, obama's admin is still trying to rule this country and the world... all that egg on your face isn't a good look on you.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, we all remember your crediting Obama for the economic growth in 2014.
    Are you going to thank Trump in 2018?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was obama's admin not an oligarchy?

let's see how this plays out... lol
    maybe that oligarchy started when Trump became pres?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Are you going to thank Trump in 2018?
    I don't thank presidents for the economy.

Do you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    maybe that oligarchy started when Trump became pres?
    it's just funny how this dude djt became the most hated man in the world once he stated his run for presidency.... but he was once a loved man by all prior.

these people like boutons are just delusional mental cases who desperately want to belong to a group so bad they're willing to lie, cheat, steal, and be hypocritical in their values/ideology. a bunch of frauds just like their hero's obama & hrc. frauds!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

She fine though

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't thank presidents for the economy.

Do you?
    Then why you crying about someone else not doing it?

Today's chump

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under Obama, it surged 4 times over 4%. One of them being in the 5% bracket.

Try again.
    Following today's extremely disappointing US GDP growth data, we have the final nail in the coffin of President Obama's economic reign. Not only is the average annual growth rate of just 1.48% during Obama's business cycle the weakest of any expansion since at least 1949, he has just become the only President to have not had even one year of 3% GDP growth.
    An average annual GDP growth of 1.48% during Obama's two terms...
    Reck'd

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...r-3-gdp-growth

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Then why you crying about someone else not doing it?

Today's chump
    Do you thanks presidents for the economy, derp?

Yes or no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Deficit financed growth and real wages aren't rising materially. Consider me unimpressed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zerohedge

You need better sources, she-wolf because this isn't about annual growth. It's quarterly.

The U.S. economy just entered its 10th year of growth, a recovery that began under President Barack Obama, who inherited the Great Recession. The data show that the falling unemployment rate and gains in home values reflect the duration of the recovery, rather than any major changes made since 2017 by the Trump administration.

While Mr. Trump praised the 4.1 percent annual growth rate in the second quarter, the economy exceeded that level four times during the Obama presidency: in 2009, 2011 and twice in 2014.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gdp-...ally-standard/

Derp not able to diffirentiate between annual and quarterly gains. derps gonna derp.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you thanks presidents for the economy?

Yes or no.
    I acknowledge their often pivotal part in it, yes.

Also, you didn't answer why you were crying about someone not thanking a president when you admit that you don't do it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zerohedge

You need better sources, she-wolf because this isn't about annual growth. It's quarterly.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-gdp-...ally-standard/

Derp not able to diffirentiate between annual and quarterly gains. derps gonna derp.
    You don't get good annual growth without strong quarterly growth.

Today's tranny trying to split hairs.
    Bragging about a president who did not have one year in eight of 3 percent GDP growth (only president to be that inept).
    Triggered by sites that deal in facts.

Thread Information