Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree on there being a clearer path to minutes.

You have Marco who they must like because they brought him back. He averaged over 25 minutes a game for Philly in Feb-March-April.

You have Fatty ready to get gift minutes at shooting guard next to Dejounte or White out of guilt for his awful contract and corporate knowledge.

You have DeMar who's played SG for years and there might be Gay, Cunningham, Pondexter, or someone else at the SF.

You have Forbes who was given an absurd amount of minutes, 19 minutes per game over 80 games and was brought back to play. It's hard off the top of my head to think of any guys who were signed to a second contract only to not play. Guys they didn't want to play they got rid of, like Neal, Ian, Mason, Blair, etc etc. While guys they re-signed Pop loved playing no matter how degraded or bad they played, like Bonner, Vaughn, Finley, etc.

And of course White who excelled all last year and in the summer league.

I think last year had more opportunities for White, though his short injury at the start of the year made things harder.

Besides Kawhi quitting all year ....

Dejounte wasn't a sure thing. Benched for Patty before Parker got back, he was then demoted in minutes when Parker did return. Only after being designated starter for good was he a lock in the rotation. Forbers averaged a lot more minutes in December and January than Dejounte.

The terrible play of Joffrey led to plenty of Gay and Anderson playing up a spot to PF instead of SF, compounding the trouble from Kawhi quitting.

Green and Manu missed a combined 29 games.

White was only out from November 4th to December 2nd, he still had avenues to play had Pop cared.
    Walker only really has DeRozan, Gay, Belinelli and White (defensively; offensively, he'll run point) clearly ahead of him on the wings. Forbes probably is too going in, but he could leapfrog him.

I'm not going to pretend to be overly confident here, but I suspect they know he's probably their best prospect in 7 years, the closest thing they have to a 2-way wing and they're not winning a championship either way.

Agree with you about his 3. His stroke and confidence in it look the part of a shooter. I don't care about his middling percentage. It was probably mostly a function of role and shot selection, neither of which will be the same here. Instead of having the green light to shoot pull-ups, he'll be shooting spot ups.

I also think his on ball defense will be better than advertised because like Murray, another tools laden type who lacked the reputation, it'll be his ticket to getting minutes here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF they were filming me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the same re that had that Bonner haircut?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookie guard Lonnie Walker IV has been limited in practice with a sore groin so far. His stomach, however, remains in tip-top shape. Walker has enjoyed a few dinners with Popovich, a noted gourmand who enjoys testing new players’ palates.

https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-na...e-13267116.php

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , the game tomorrow is actually going to be televised, and Walker might not even play? That's terrible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookie guard Lonnie Walker IV has been limited in practice with a sore groin so far. His stomach, however, remains in tip-top shape. Walker has enjoyed a few dinners with Popovich, a noted gourmand who enjoys testing new players’ palates.

https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-na...e-13267116.php
    I hope this doesn’t ruin any chance of him getting playing time early in season. Which will inevitably cast him into the G League for most of the season. This sucks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rookies missing preseason or early games or limited in camp practice = Pop's Kiss of Death

Splitter, White, and it's coming for Walker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is most likely G-league fodder this season. Hopefully if he is given a chance he takes it and runs with it. Lord knows the team needs the young guys to mature fast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    G.O.A.T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Lonnie was bowing down to Him before He gave him his proper schooling, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best player on the Spurs by far in deluded minds, assuming that a mind is actually present.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie scored 48 points in his last two games in Austin

Here is his last game highlights; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4F9fvHO_mc

Good to see him dominate G-League. I know some of us expected him to have a better rookie season than DJ, but regardless he is a huge upgrade over Bryn!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally forgot about him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good to see him dominate G-League. I know some of us expected him to have a better rookie season than DJ, but regardless he is a huge upgrade over Bryn!
    I think it’s probably just a matter of gaining confidence in the knee. He seems to be playing less gingerly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope his knees hold up, his herky jerky play style is a team doctors worst nightmare. He looked good in those last highlights, like how he was attacking the rim more. Definitely has the upside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had a really bad luck when he got injured with white out...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope his knees hold up, his herky jerky play style is a team doctors worst nightmare. He looked good in those last highlights, like how he was attacking the rim more. Definitely has the upside.

"I'd prefer to play Bryn Forbes with a bad wheel than give Lonnie a true shot. Look for Lonnie to be a big part of the rotation in the 2021-2022 season!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Looks good and gaigning confidence. He was shooting a lot but now he goes inside, one on one..... I hope he will play a little bit till the end of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man i hope this guy is on the court for us next year. I understand the concept of letting them grow in the G league but next year he needs to be on the main team.
    Him, healthy Murray and White will get me excited for next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lets see him perform first on the NBA lvl and then get excited. Last time we saw him he was so ing atrocious that people were calling a scrub and a bust. He's not a top 10 pick so we probably have to wait for a couple of years to make an assessment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One important point is you can't have success in the NBA by playing 5 minutes here or here, if somehow he plays 10 games in a row we could really talk about him.

Thread Information