My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know I’m not the only one but I’m on the Lonnie hype train BIG TIME

Count me in as well.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm not feeling Walker's iso potential as much as some others here. I think he lacks some decision-making/creativity at the NBA level. I suppose he can develop that, but I think he is currently far more productive off screens and in transition. I also happen to think that's more desirable for what I'd like a Spurs offense to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very athletic but needs to slow down his game. He reminds me of those MIB aliens ransacking the coffee bar. Slow down then explode

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker cut his hair off???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not feeling Walker's iso potential as much as some others here. I think he lacks some decision-making/creativity at the NBA level. I suppose he can develop that, but I think he is currently far more productive off screens and in transition. I also happen to think that's more desirable for what I'd like a Spurs offense to be.
    I think people look at his athletic potential and just assume he's an elite scorer at the NBA level. Its obvious he is still a young fish looking to learn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker cut his hair off???
    He was trolling on Insta.. Probably just routine trimming of the pineapple

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Totally agree, the lack of decision making is obvious, he is not a passer/creator or a good shooter, he like to shoot out of balance most of the time, he score because of his physical abilities but is not an efficient player.

I would like to see him playing in not garbage time to see if he can play in the system with experienced players around him.

I think it will be difficult for him to compete for minutes against Marco/Patty/Bryn who are trusted players of Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he ever develops into an all-star type player, he seems to be of the "empty calories" type. I want to but I can't really get too excited about this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not hyped up about him precisely bc if the empty calories variety ^ but he’s still too young IMO. I am now a lot more careful making sweeping predictions on very young guys bc at the very beginning all one can see is just athletic and physical ap ude. If the player can put it all together it’s going to take hard work, effort and time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am not hyped up about him precisely bc if the empty calories variety ^ but he’s still too young IMO. I am now a lot more careful making sweeping predictions on very young guys bc at the very beginning all one can see is just athletic and physical ap ude. If the player can put it all together it’s going to take hard work, effort and time.
    I agree that he shows a lot of athleticism, but so do many other 2nd round picks and undrafted players. I just don't see yet that feel for the basketball game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he ever develops into an all-star type player, he seems to be of the "empty calories" type. I want to but I can't really get too excited about this guy.
    I think his best role might be a Vinny Johnson-type scoring spark plug off the bench.

But he's going to have to dramatically improve his court awareness to do even that.

He seems to lack both self awareness and court awareness (he doesn't know what he doesn't know).

That said, he seems like a good guy and he has a puncher's chance of figuring it all out (once he realizes he needs to).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't want to jump the gun or rule anything out, but that's my gut feel too. He basically seems like a LaVine type, only in true Spurs fashion, he's 3 adverse.

The hope is that, unlike LaVine, who came in on a re-building team and was handed a significant role relatively early, he'll have to earn his minutes and he'll have to do so at first by playing a 3 and D role.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude your picture had me rolling..I had to do a second look...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think his best role might be a Vinny Johnson-type scoring spark plug off the bench.

But he's going to have to dramatically improve his court awareness to do even that.

He seems to lack both self awareness and court awareness (he doesn't know what he doesn't know).

That said, he seems like a good guy and he has a puncher's chance of figuring it all out (once he realizes he needs to).
    Excellent summary of what he needs to improve::the lack of both self and court awareness

Some his shots last game reminded me of DDR-terrible shots at the time when a good shot was needed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched his SL makes and he seems to be an early clock iso player driving to the rim or step back jumpers.. That was 9/11 shots in the highlights with only two where he even used a pick. He can get his own shot , at least at SL level of play.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Watched his SL makes and he seems to be an early clock iso player driving to the rim or step back jumpers.. That was 9/11 shots in the highlights with only two where he even used a pick. He can get his own shot , at least at SL level of play.
    Sure he's at his best driving when defenses aren't set but his traditional halfcourt isos just don't really get him to the rim in the NBA at this point. I'm going by everything I've seen from him this past year. He might have the tools to make it work in the future but that time isn't now IMO. Step backs like you said and developing a floater should be priorities if they're going to try to make him a regular iso player.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His jump shot looks pure af

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Played well on both ends.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s a high flyer with some talent
    Hope he can stay healthy
    Lots of high stress jumps he has

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Lonnie cause the earthquake? Wasn't watching but he dropped 28 in 23 mins?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude your picture had me rolling..I had to do a second look...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He just needs consistent minutes off the bench this season. If he's in the rotation that will really accelarate his development. He can be the secondary scorer off the bench next to Rudy and then go from there

Thread Information