Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie should be getting all of Marco's minutes but I don't think that will happen early. My guess is Pop will get more frustrated as the season goes on with his piss poor defense and eventually come to his senses to play Walker more. One thing that always annoyed me about Pop is treating every vet like their a superstar that deserve minutes despite their deficiencies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“two more seasons in Austin and Lonnie might be able to give Marco a few minutes off here and there!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For a layup, that was pretty sick. Pop is looking dumber by each game for not playing this kid more. Him starting over Forbes is a nobrainer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TimVP is that you? Pop clearly doesn't know what he's doing, but apparently only Spurs fans know about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poor lonnie. Still waiting for patty and forbes to gtfo of the way

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His ceiling is probably Jordan minus the getting his dad killed over gambling debts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His ceiling is probably Jordan minus the getting his dad killed over gambling debts.
    Page 23 bro

Page 23

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Esposito article cites a number of stats with the qualifier of they are derived from a small sample size. Gotta get the reps to see if the kid can grow into his potential and that means Bryn and Patty need to do more towel waving and less on the floor matador action.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only GOOD thing about the pandemic is that teams will be looking to cut costs. Even if Pop wants to keep Bryn and Marco, he may very well be overruled by the ownership group. That's a bit over $8.7M in salary that is easy to let roll off for positions you already have covered by younger and cheaper draft choices on your roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only GOOD thing about the pandemic is that teams will be looking to cut costs. Even if Pop wants to keep Bryn and Marco, he may very well be overruled by the ownership group. That's a bit over $8.7M in salary that is easy to let roll off for positions you already have covered by younger and cheaper draft choices on your roster.

Yup, I was thinking that the other day. It would do the Spurs a world of good if this stoppage/suspension "forces" them to let Forbe walk in free-agency.

There are a bunch of teams (Knicks, Magic, Lakers, Cavaliers, Hornets, etc.) that could use his shooting ability and "floor spacing." They'd also benefit from their coach not being stupid enough to play him in a starting role or in front of better, younger talent.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 05-05-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Lonnie, and his buddies Derrick and Dejounte, actually come to play next year.

Part of the reason we suck is that we were depending on these guys to make leaps, or at least notable jumps, in growth and they...didn't.

Step up, Lonnie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope Lonnie, and his buddies Derrick and Dejounte, actually come to play next year.

Part of the reason we suck is that we were depending on these guys to make leaps, or at least notable jumps, in growth and they...didn't.

Step up, Lonnie.
    Dejounte was returning from a serious knee injury, Lonnie was a project player coming off a nice Summer League, who was hampered by lesser talent (Forbes) ahead of him in the rotation.

The reasons the team sucked was Pop's poor rotations/game plans, lack of a competent starter level SF or PF (I like Lyles a lot more off the bench) and too many poor defenders in and out of the rotation (Belinelli, Forbes, DeRozan & Mills).

Dumping some of the terrible defenders, finding a true starter at SF/PF, ending all the stupid "minute restrictions" on the young guards, pushing Lonnie past Bryn (bye bye) in the rotation, truly embracing a rebuild and aiming for a high lottery pick should be the priority.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been under the impression that PATFO would let them walk and probably even start Walker next year in Forbes role. Beli was likely going to be gone either way but the pandemic might actually give the Spurs pause about letting Forbes walk.

He probably isn't getting more than the $3.2 million he's making, and certainly not on a long term deal, but there's a chance that they offer him another cheap deal and bring him back.

Their probably isn't going to be a market for him and they at least know how he fits with the team, it would be a mistake for them to bring him back but given the likely price, it probably wouldn't cost them much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been under the impression that PATFO would let them walk and probably even start Walker next year in Forbes role. Beli was likely going to be gone either way but the pandemic might actually give the Spurs pause about letting Forbes walk.

He probably isn't getting more than the $3.2 million he's making, and certainly not on a long term deal, but there's a chance that they offer him another cheap deal and bring him back.

Their probably isn't going to be a market for him and they at least know how he fits with the team, it would be a mistake for them to bring him back but given the likely price, it probably wouldn't cost them much.
    If the cap drops, and all indications are that it will, the tax threshold will drop, too. They may have to dump both of them to not be a taxpayer. The economics of the league are about to change drastically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte was returning from a serious knee injury, Lonnie was a project player coming off a nice Summer League, who was hampered by lesser talent (Forbes) ahead of him in the rotation.

The reasons the team sucked was Pop's poor rotations/game plans, lack of a competent starter level SF or PF (I like Lyles a lot more off the bench) and too many poor defenders in and out of the rotation (Belinelli, Forbes, DeRozan & Mills).

Dumping some of the terrible defenders, finding a true starter at SF/PF, ending all the stupid "minute restrictions" on the young guards, pushing Lonnie past Bryn (bye bye) in the rotation, truly embracing a rebuild and aiming for a high lottery pick should be the priority.
    Solid take,but i'd add Gay to the list of horrible defenders. He's got the size but the athleticism and speed are gone. Get's blown by constantly. It's bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i have no idea what they’re done to give you that indication. Pop LOVES Forbes. He’s going to re-sign him and he’s going to start him next year. We need that floor spacer and Pop thinks of him as Steph Curry. The dude will be here for another 3 years and start all of next season.

I can already see the articles: As the uncertainty of the off-season remains, Bryn Forbes works on defense. “It’s all about defense,” Forbes tells us. “I’ve been hitting the weights all summer, doing defensive drills, and working on my rotations. I think I can solidify my spot here and continue starting next year.” 5 time championship coach Gregg Popovich seems to agree. “ I thought Bryn played wonderfully last year. His shooting and his consistency really balanced our team, especially when a lot of our young talent were trying to find themselves.”
    When asked about Bryn’s new 3 year $21 million deal, Brian Wrong had this to say, “Nobody deserves it more than Bryn. He’s a great teammate, a great compe or, and someone we knew we needed in the locker room for a long long time. I’m just really glad he was still up at 12:01 to get this thing done.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i have no idea what they’re done to give you that indication. Pop LOVES Forbes. He’s going to re-sign him and he’s going to start him next year. We need that floor spacer and Pop thinks of him as Steph Curry. The dude will be here for another 3 years and start all of next season.

I can already see the articles: As the uncertainty of the off-season remains, Bryn Forbes works on defense. “It’s all about defense,” Forbes tells us. “I’ve been hitting the weights all summer, doing defensive drills, and working on my rotations. I think I can solidify my spot here and continue starting next year.” 5 time championship coach Gregg Popovich seems to agree. “ I thought Bryn played wonderfully last year. His shooting and his consistency really balanced our team, especially when a lot of our young talent were trying to find themselves.”
    When asked about Bryn’s new 3 year $21 million deal, Brian Wrong had this to say, “Nobody deserves it more than Bryn. He’s a great teammate, a great compe or, and someone we knew we needed in the locker room for a long long time. I’m just really glad he was still up at 12:01 to get this thing done.”
    You're thinking is still stuck in a pre-covid19 world. The salary cap and tax will both drop considerably. The ONLY low hanging fruit on the roster is the duo of Marco and Bryn. I think if Pop pushed the issue, ownership would over rule him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the cap drops, and all indications are that it will, the tax threshold will drop, too. They may have to dump both of them to not be a taxpayer. The economics of the league are about to change drastically.
    According to Forbes (not Bryn) the cap is set to drop by between $8-15 million depending on whether or not the season is cancelled.

Beli was likely not going to be re-signed either way, Forbes still could however because of a lack of interest from other teams. If the Spurs are flirting with the luxury tax it may convince them to move on from Aldridge or DeRozan, however.

One such option is the Knicks, who would still have cap space and reportedly have interest in him. DeRozan will opt in and the Spurs could work out a trade with DeRozan to go to the Knicks.

The Knicks could also offset some salary in the trade by swapping Frank Ntilikina, saving both teams money- especially the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're thinking is still stuck in a pre-covid19 world. The salary cap and tax will both drop considerably. The ONLY low hanging fruit on the roster is the duo of Marco and Bryn. I think if Pop pushed the issue, ownership would over rule him.
    Solid point. Really hope you’re right. Just by getting rid of those guys, this team will improve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you’re thinking of a fantasy world. Pop wants Forbes back. We would get rid of Poetl before Forbes and that solves the money issue. Spurs are starting Forbes next year, pandemic or no pandemic world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you’re thinking of a fantasy world. Pop wants Forbes back. We would get rid of Poetl before Forbes and that solves the money issue. Spurs are starting Forbes next year, pandemic or no pandemic world.
    Forbes is the 2nd most expendable free agent, and depending on the NBA draft, Jakob is the least. I think their is a 50/50 chance Forbes leaves and it all hinges on someone outbidding the Spurs (which has happened with plenty of young role players lately).

And people are underestimating the desperate need certain teams have for a good, volume three-point shooter. Especially, if said player is given a lesser or limited role (ala Seth Curry) and can be better hidden on defense.

Thread Information