Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been under the impression that PATFO would let them walk and probably even start Walker next year in Forbes role. Beli was likely going to be gone either way but the pandemic might actually give the Spurs pause about letting Forbes walk.

He probably isn't getting more than the $3.2 million he's making, and certainly not on a long term deal, but there's a chance that they offer him another cheap deal and bring him back.

Their probably isn't going to be a market for him and they at least know how he fits with the team, it would be a mistake for them to bring him back but given the likely price, it probably wouldn't cost them much.

It shouldn't even be about the money. If he gets around what he is now, he still has no business starting or playing next to Mills, which would make him an expensive deep bench player and a possible malcontent at that considering his previous role and the state of the team.

If they stay at 11 and the draft plays out similar to current projections, they should end up with Vassell or Bey to effectively take his spot.

Forbes is the 2nd most expendable free agent, and depending on the NBA draft, Jakob is the least. I think their is a 50/50 chance Forbes leaves and it all hinges on someone outbidding the Spurs (which has happened with plenty of young role players lately).

And people are underestimating the desperate need certain teams have for a good, volume three-point shooter. Especially, if said player is given a lesser or limited role (ala Seth Curry) and can be better hidden on defense.
    Yeah, but it happened when the Spurs were fashionable and in cases where teams foolishly thought those players had a higher upside if given an increased role. Forbes is the an hesis of that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, why wouldn't Pop bring Forbes back at all costs? He's a big impact player, with a "prove you wrong" mentality and a relentless work ethic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes is the 2nd most expendable free agent, and depending on the NBA draft, Jakob is the least. I think their is a 50/50 chance Forbes leaves and it all hinges on someone outbidding the Spurs (which has happened with plenty of young role players lately).

And people are underestimating the desperate need certain teams have for a good, volume three-point shooter. Especially, if said player is given a lesser or limited role (ala Seth Curry) and can be better hidden on defense.
    What you say makes sense if Pop wasn’t in charge. Pop started Forbes. He played Poetl 12 minutes a game. In his mind Forbes is his guy. He sees Forbes as a culture guy who buys in, works hard, doesn’t complain about his role, and a floor spacer. We are re-signing Forbes and the sooner y’all guys understand this the less angry you will be when it happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What you say makes sense if Pop wasn’t in charge. Pop started Forbes. He played Poetl 12 minutes a game. In his mind Forbes is his guy. He sees Forbes as a culture guy who buys in, works hard, doesn’t complain about his role, and a floor spacer. We are re-signing Forbes and the sooner y’all guys understand this the less angry you will be when it happens.
    Pop isn’t in charge of the money. He answers to the younger Holts, who likely won’t be too jazzed to pay the tax for this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn’t in charge of the money. He answers to the younger Holts, who likely won’t be too jazzed to pay the tax for this team.
    Renouncing Jakob and Marco while signing Forbes doesn’t put us into the tax.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sad but true

ppl must realize how many issues and wrong decisions came and will come from one man: no tanking for top prospects bc playoff streak more important, not developing young guys, not playing murray and white together, all drama with kawhi and taking a horrible bad deal for him etc... next will be: resigning forbes, another guard in the draft who will be sent to gleague, signing ddr and letting poeltl go + no trades bc "we like what we have" and "we are a contenders"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, why wouldn't Pop bring Forbes back at all costs? He's a big impact player, with a "prove you wrong" mentality and a relentless work ethic.

Purely to pad Demar's stats and up his trade value. So sad what Pop did to Lonnie and White this year. Next year if Bryn is still starting or playing significant minutes then.. I will be straight speechless.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It shouldn't even be about the money. If he gets around what he is now, he still has no business starting or playing next to Mills, which would make him an expensive deep bench player and a possible malcontent at that considering his previous role and the state of the team.

If they stay at 11 and the draft plays out similar to current projections, they should end up with Vassell or Bey to effectively take his spot.
    I'm not advocating for him to stay but I could absolutely see the Spurs talking themselves into bringing him back if there isn't a market for him. Its the culture trap that they fall into. They overvalue players that they know how will fit. They know how Forbes fits into the team, so all bets are off.

If the Spurs move on from DeRozan, I think the chances of him returning increase- no matter whom they draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes agent: "We want 70 million for 3 years"

"4 years"

Forbes agent: "Deal"

Spurs Nation:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly our young guys all seem very sound, hopefully we manage to keep em and they grow together
    Lonnie is a top guy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“Lonnie needs to wipe some walls in Austin for the next half dozen protests- and then he can think about the Alamo - Brynn and Beli got this area well covered for the next 3-5 seasons!”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is awesome, not like that POS nephew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie and Kawhi > Tim

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie walker, like Murray, cant dribble, pass, or play the half court game. He's meant for NBA jam. That is all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie walker, like Murray, cant dribble, pass, or play the half court game. He's meant for NBA jam. That is all
    IQ is still low but dude has a pretty sweet jump shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure he looks different

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no the hair is gone!!??

i wonder what compelled him to cut it now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh no the hair is gone!!??

i wonder what compelled him to cut it now?
    Trying to confuse Pop so he can get more minutes to end the season.

__

UPDATE: Looks like he hasn't cut his hair yet.

Last edited by ace3g; 06-10-2020 at 09:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yehhh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by ace3g; 06-11-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Thread Information