My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So hes now 6'1" in height?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So hes now 6'1" in height?
    Which means Pop will start him over Forbes at SG!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing wrong about the hair, but I think it could be a distraction, and he's more focus on getting better. I'm excited for this kid. Now to get higher in the draft, and trade for Toppin?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop we love you but I swear if you don't start giving him more minutes we'll send the 5th Avenue looters to your home

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now when is Patty getting a buzzcut?? I swear he was so much better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was hard to read. You never know what someone is going through yeesh.

Brave guy. Hopefully his story helps someone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really puts into perspective folks who thought they had a right to judge him based on his hair style. People cope with trauma in different ways, and having a weird doo is hardly one of the worst ones. Happy to hear he feels secure enough to shed the mask.

Now from a purely selfish perspective, I hope this and his warning of being off IG for a while is because he's going to train to take on a bigger role next month. The team is going to need his offense with LMA out, and he'll mostly likely get way more minutes with DeRozan playing more as a four and even Gay probably getting as many center minutes as he can handle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was a tough read. Can't even imagine that struggle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh that's a sad story, it's the type of stuff that ruins lives, but well done to Lonnie for finding the mental capacity to come out of it stronger, rather than weaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie need some burn to see if he can play or not
    Forbes-poop’s experiment had FAILED.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps I'm too cynical, but this sounds way too much like Derek Anderson and his self-serving tales of growing up with a junkie mom.

He seems like a much better kid than Derek but . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps I'm too cynical, but this sounds way too much like Derek Anderson and his self-serving tales of growing up with a junkie mom.

Bruh.

Lonnie has shown by all accounts to be a good kid with good character. He has been a team player and engrained in the community from day one even though he hasn't had a chance to break out yet.

It takes incredible courage to put out that sort of traumatic sentiment to the world and say, "For better or worse, this is part of who I am."

He took a terrible situation and came out the other side of it as a better man.

Calling it a "self-serving tale" is exactly why most people are afraid to speak up about abuse, mental health, etc. Don't put that on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh.

Lonnie has shown by all accounts to be a good kid with good character. He has been a team player and engrained in the community from day one even though he hasn't had a chance to break out yet.

It takes incredible courage to put out that sort of traumatic sentiment to the world and say, "For better or worse, this is part of who I am."

He took a terrible situation and came out the other side of it as a better man.

Calling it a "self-serving tale" is exactly why most people are afraid to speak up about abuse, mental health, etc. Don't put that on him.
    We'll see . . .

But I've noticed (over time) that actual victims may not have a flair for the dramatic (e.g., they don't don't relate their trauma while changing hairstyles).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see . . .

But I've noticed (over time) that actual victims may not have a flair for the dramatic (e.g., they don't don't relate their trauma while changing hairstyles).
    People handle trauma and grief in different ways.

Whether or not Lonnie is being "dramatic", I applaud him for not being afraid to start the conversation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People handle trauma and grief in different ways.

Whether or not Lonnie is being "dramatic", I applaud him for not being afraid to start the conversation.
    Benefit of the doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love you, Lon. Shame he's got a terrible coach holding him back in favor of loser players but hopefully this is the last season he has to deal with that BS.

He's a special player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This ain't it fam

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see . . .

Are you saying that Lonnie is lying about being sexually abused and raped? What is your goal here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It took a lot of courage to come forward like this. All my support to Lonnie Walker IV!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see . . .

I dont blame you for your skepticism, the internet has turned everyone into an attention .
    but it's also made everyone more dramatic in general, it doesn't mean he's lying. he's a kid, everything is dramatic to them.

And honestly dude, do you know anything about men? what kind of guy wants to admit he got raped just to score internet points? that takes incredible strength, definitely not the kind of thing a man is gonna lean on like he might a junkie mom (eminem) or more standard physical abuse even.
    i was abused as a kid (not sexually) and it's humiliating, the weakness and lack of control you feel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont blame you for your skepticism, the internet has turned everyone into an attention .
    but it's also made everyone more dramatic in general, it doesn't mean he's lying. he's a kid, everything is dramatic to them.

And honestly dude, do you know anything about men? what kind of guy wants to admit he got raped just to score internet points? that takes incredible strength, definitely not the kind of thing a man is gonna lean on like he might a junkie mom (eminem) or more standard physical abuse even.
    i was abused as a kid (not sexually) and it's humiliating, the weakness and lack of control you feel.
    Good points. But let's just see how this story plays out over the next couple of weeks . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he plays and proves he belongs and does more than that and makes it so the Spurs want to spend money to keep him.
    He seems like able. He needs a solid chance and he needs to go for it/take it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good on him for adressing the past trauma like that.

Should be a positive influence on others with similar problems.

Thread Information