Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    *Insert Rocky training montage music

He needs to donate an inch of that giraffe neck to Keldon...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to donate an inch of that giraffe neck to Keldon...
    An inch of Lonnies neck for some of Keldons finishing ability. Who says no?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon. He'd rather have the finishing ability; it's gonna make him a lotta money.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather one of them be a star and the other one a bust than both be average to good starters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie should give Johnson two inches of neck in exchange for Murray's confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread has gone in a bizarre direction......

Anyway, I'm hoping Lonnie is putting more muscle on that won't negatively effect his athleticism & explosiveness but will help with him finishing through contact.

He needs to show a lot more of that supposed "killer instinct" and move past all that passivity (or lack of confidence) that plagued him a ton last season. He could easily become a 20 PPG scorer if he improves his ability to finish at the rim, Pop makes him an actual focus of the offensive game plan & his mental game catches up to his physical abilities.

I also notice that he has that weird issue that Timmy had of constantly clutching at while also having some trepidation with his surgically repaired knee.
    Last edited by J_Paco; 10-27-2020 at 11:00 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he could become a Lou Williams type scorer for us. One who scores in bunches. He showed newfound superb passing during the bubble... It literally came out of nowhere. I can see him being a super spark plug player as his ceiling. His ceiling is capped by his lack of strength, toughness, and height. Without that long neck, he has the stature of a 6'3" player. Maybe he can watch Steve Francis.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why Pop hasn't cultivated Walker's confidence like he did White's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder why Pop hasn't cultivated Walker's confidence like he did White's.
    Because Walker's mental make-up is different. His primary issue isn't confidence, it's brains. The coaching staff hinted as much when they said he wasn't coached much all his life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another 6'3" similar build player Lonnie can watch:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread has gone in a bizarre direction......
    well, it's ST, so that's pretty much par for the course.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May have been discussed already but Lonnie Walker has been working out with Jrue Holiday, seems like a good player for him to take some notes from

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    May have been discussed already but Lonnie Walker has been working out with Jrue Holiday, seems like a good player for him to take some notes from
    Source? That would be great if Lonnie can learn some defense from Jrue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Source? That would be great if Lonnie can learn some defense from Jrue.
    sorry not sure how to copy the source onto here lol he posted a video on his Instagram that he’s been working out with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hoping this displays, otherwise we might need homeboy ace3g's help...

E: thanks Dejounte, what a god-send! I'll keep this in mind.
    Last edited by Sugus; 10-27-2020 at 08:20 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry not sure how to copy the source onto here lol he posted a video on his Instagram that he’s been working out with him.

Hoping this displays, otherwise we might need homeboy ace3g's help...
    Not to step on your toes fellas, thanks for info. Pulled from Jeff G’s Twitter - You can see Jrue in the pool montage portion...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know most posters here are Keldon-fazed, with good reason, and that Lonnie had an unimpressive bubble outing, but boy does he have a good work ethic. Dude has become jacked to and back; his physical transformation has been incredible to see. He has a lot of holes in his game, both physical and mental, but I have a lot more faith in him working out the kinks than other players, just because he exhales desire to be great. I hope Pop gets his head out of his ass next season and actually starts giving Lonnie and the rest of the youngings some bigger roles, I don't think I can sit through another season of their talent being wasted playing second fiddle to vets that won't take us anywhere, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to step on your toes fellas, thanks for info. Pulled from Jeff G’s Twitter - You can see Jrue in the pool montage portion...

Thanks for putting the video up, I'm still learning the ropes of embedding content from other sites. Stupid IG links never seem to work here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for putting the video up, I'm still learning the ropes of embedding content from other sites. Stupid IG links never seem to work here.
    You have to remove everything from the link except the ID.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know most posters here are Keldon-fazed, with good reason, and that Lonnie had an unimpressive bubble outing, but boy does he have a good work ethic. Dude has become jacked to and back; his physical transformation has been incredible to see. He has a lot of holes in his game, both physical and mental, but I have a lot more faith in him working out the kinks than other players, just because he exhales desire to be great. I hope Pop gets his head out of his ass next season and actually starts giving Lonnie and the rest of the youngings some bigger roles, I don't think I can sit through another season of their talent being wasted playing second fiddle to vets that won't take us anywhere, tbh.
    On the contrary, i thought he had a poor regular season and an impressive bubble season.

And is it impressive that he's working his ass off right now? Or could he just be doing it because it's a contract year?

For the record, im not too down on him. He's my 3rd most valuable young guy behind White and Keldon.

If he turns out to be one of Lou Will, Stevie Franchise, and Baron Davis.... That's a uva valuable asset. Steve was an all star, and so was Baron I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For example:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGYKUcrH...d=uafvxhbiwozj

Remove everything but CGYKUcrHU6p

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like it was posted from a mutual agent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Formatting sure is hard! Thanks for the tip, updated the original post. Between this, and failing to embed the GIFs that I make from Imgur, I'm sort of making a fool of myself... It's the thought that counts, I guess? Lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the contrary, i thought he had a poor regular season and an impressive bubble season.

And is it impressive that he's working his ass off right now? Or could he just be doing it because it's a contract year?

For the record, im not too down on him. He's my 3rd most valuable young guy behind White and Keldon.

If he turns out to be one of Lou Will, Stevie Franchise, and Baron Davis.... That's a uva valuable asset. Steve was an all star, and so was Baron I think.
    Ok, I see where you're coming from, I'll redact myself: Lonnie had an unimpressive outing in regards to his personal scoring/playing output, but impressed with newly-found distributing skills. I don't think any reports came out on whether he was actually asked by coaches to focus on that aspect of his game, which I hope is the case, because the rest of his game was unimpressive - he was tentative when open, slow to find those openings, and overall way too passive at the worst time to be, with Keldon blowing him out of the water in comparison. I think his regular season was definitely not good as well, but I don't put as much stock on it (in regards to my evaluation of Lonnie as a player) because I'm convinced that a large portion of that was due to Pop completely ting the bed with his handling and development. I still have fresh in my mind the images of Lonnie going on the court for a literal minute, only to be pulled out at the first missed assignment, in favor of Pet Boy Forbes. Or playing 10m one night and getting a DNP-CD the very next game. I really, really hope Pop is off that bull for good, because he's going to up Lonnie if not.

I can't speak to the contract year thing... I never got the impression from Lonnie that he's a Whiteside kinda player, who puts in the effort just to get the bag and then coasts. This will be his first "big" contract, anyhow, so it's anyone's guess what really drives Lonnie, if it's money or an actual desire to be great. To his credit, he's been talking the talk, and kind of learning how to walk the walk... Soon enough we'll see what he turns into - next season is pivotal for him. I will say, though, that Lonnie more than anyone must be aware that explosive athleticism + bad knees is a dangerous combo, so he'll surely be looking at getting the biggest payday possible next season, kind of like how Dejounte got financial security for the rest of his life after that (stupid) contract by the FO.

I don't like the Lou Will comp because Will is an absolute sieve defensively, to the point that he can't really be played at the end of close, important games, because any competent ball-handling scorer like LeBron or Harden is gonna hunt him down and switch on him to and back. I think Lonnie showed, in spurts through the season, a higher defensive ceiling. But as with most of his game, it's theoretical at this point, with a lot of questions up in the air.

Talking about Lonnie (and Keldon to an extent) and remembering this past season, really pisses me off. What a godawful coaching job that was. I still can't believe that it took until the bubble - something that very well might never have happened if the logistics and containment weren't absolutely perfect - to actually see White and DJ share a literal minute together in the court, and to see the youngings run free. I refuse to draw too many conclusions from it, due to sample size, so the biggest thing I always end up drawing out of it is the bitter realization that the 2019-2020 Spurs season was mostly lost, a wash. Shaking my god damned head at you, Pop...

Thread Information