Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a about your bull google stats, I watched the games, I know we had a winning record without White for the first few games of the year, I know Pop stubbornness costed us a few games because he didn't put Lonnie in the starting line up when White went down the second time.
    that's a good at ude, we need more of that around here.

Stats can be misleading. I wouldn't say he impacts the team more than White, but he was absolutely missed when he went down - people looking at only his stats (offensive or defensive) are really missing the picture. His ability to take defenders off the dribble, his warping of a defense when he penetrates (even if those drives don't always end in a score or assist!) is a huge aspect of the game, where the Spurs are very lacking. Dejounte can do that but he doesn't put the same pressure on a defense, and often gets tunnel vision with his score-first mentality. White often has to resort to acrobatics because he lacks the first step to consistently beat his defender... Keldon is a beast, I don't have a critique there. But Lonnie's athleticism, whilst not yet translating to consistently solid outputs, is an absolute gem that doesn't present itself on a stat sheet.

I think if the vets are truly gone for good, and the Spurs actually hang over the keys to the kids, Lonnie could surprise a lot of people next season. Chinook is convinced he's not getting re-signed, but I'm not nearly convinced. Spurs staff/FO know what he's got... And the idea that resigning him could be bad is laughable. Someone with his physical profile and shooting ability from 3, barring extreme injuries, will never be untradeable in the NBA, almost no matter the contract he gets (and for sure, given that he's likely to command much less than White and DJ got). That's my 2cents on the common takes of these last few pages.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, except HE CANT ING DEFEND AT ALL. We have enough defensive liabilities as it is. He also is pretty bad at creating shots. And rebounding. You know, those things DJ and White do, all ing day.

Other than jumping high,Iím not sure heís any better than Forbes.
    Dumbest post of the year.

Why do people reply to this keyboard warrior.. full of diatribe and hyperbole . Not much substance. Pissing on players like he know them. Like fuk u do

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dumbest post of the year.

Why do people reply to this keyboard warrior.. full of diatribe and hyperbole . Not much substance. Pissing on players like he know them. Like fuk u do

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Itís three years. Three years. Dejounte started his second year. Keldon started his second year. White started his second year.

wow the board is already giving up on Lonnie after a year? wow..it's mindblowing that people thing we're going to resign him when we gave Dejounte his contract while being imjured and had no offensive game. News flash, I would be really surpised if they don't re-sign him. I'm 96% sure that they will re-sign him
    it's not a surpise that Lonnie strguggled as bad as he did, he was extremely raw, had relapse in college, disappeared college and everythat that saw him could see that (Well...I guess not all)
    It's called a rebuild for a reason! and you have to be patient. I saw alot of bad from lonnie, but I also saw alot of good from him. From the year before to last year, there was big difference, and I expect a similar jump heading inot this season. When they got booted out of the Playoffs, Lonnie was the one guy that you could clearly see was effected the most and i expect him to improve. The guy is only 22/23 by next season, dude's still young and still entering his prime while learning, he might not be that starter we envisioned him to be, but he can/could be a solid 6 men, where we saw flashes of his upside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow the board is already giving up on Lonnie after a year? wow..it's mindblowing that people thing we're going to resign him when we gave Dejounte his contract while being imjured and had no offensive game. News flash, I would be really surpised if they don't re-sign him. I'm 96% sure that they will re-sign him
    it's not a surpise that Lonnie strguggled as bad as he did, he was extremely raw, had relapse in college, disappeared college and everythat that saw him could see that (Well...I guess not all)
    It's called a rebuild for a reason! and you have to be patient. I saw alot of bad from lonnie, but I also saw alot of good from him. From the year before to last year, there was big difference, and I expect a similar jump heading inot this season. When they got booted out of the Playoffs, Lonnie was the one guy that you could clearly see was effected the most and i expect him to improve. The guy is only 22/23 by next season, dude's still young and still entering his prime while learning, he might not be that starter we envisioned him to be, but he can/could be a solid 6 men, where we saw flashes of his upside.
    Again, it’s not A year, it’s THREE YEARS. He was drafted in 2018. It’s 2021.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty was playing out of character because of lack of personnel. With Jazz ball movement or any other contender, he would shoot the lights out. That said, heís 32 and probably on his last chance to get a lucrative deal. It wouldnít be fair to him and his family to take a reduced pay, and Pop is not that type to let him do it. If Patty gets a better offer, he is gone.
    I guess 50 million doesn't stretch that far in the Outback...

Thread Information