Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've thought of him starting as the nominal "SF", but I suspect that's something we'd see more as a shakeup type move at some point.

He'll still play a good amount at the three though because at least one of Murray or White will have to play virtually every meaningful minute and Forbes will be a fixture off the bench.

Barring a quantum leap, there's not a chance he's worth 4/$50M and this is the last team that should be locking up a third sub star guard to a significant contract.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barring a quantum leap, there's not a chance he's worth 4/$50M and this is the last team that should be locking up a third sub star guard to a significant contract.
    4/50 isn't much more than the MLE at this point, with 8.5% raises the contract would start at $11.1M. Lonnie is still young enough that he can improve over the course of the contract too.

I agree that Lonnie shouldn't be given significant money, we just might disagree on what that is.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4/50 isn't much more than the MLE at this point, with 8.5% raises the contract would start at $11.1M. Lonnie is still young enough that he can improve over the course of the contract too.

I agree that Lonnie shouldn't be given significant money, we just might disagree on what that is.
    He's going to have to make a huge jump this season to be worth MLE money even if the Spurs didn't already have Vassell and Primo there to take his spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I know, but a player who's yet to prove he's a certified rotational one, shouldn't be making, much less exceeding the MLE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair points. Makes even more sense with the logjam at Walker's natural position.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie's shooting and athleticism will guarantee a career in the NBA but it won't be with the Spurs. This year is make or break for him but I feel he's not gonna show enough(especially on defense) and end up playing elsewhere next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lonnie looking good against NBA compe ion. How does Lyles always find his way in these games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Effortless speed and jumping that is eye popping.
    Maybe with DDR gone he can find his way and be influential.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is the finally year with walker if he doesn't show up. It's his contract year too. The guy has immense talent. Could easily be a Jordan Claxton off the bench this season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think u meant Clarkson. That was mostly all star game level defense but we'll see

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still not dunking when approaching the rim. That's a bad omen, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think u meant Clarkson. That was mostly all star game level defense but we'll see
    I didn't realise he was good a D.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry was referring to video...mostly open jumpers n poor d

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't realise he was good a D.
    He’s not. Constantly blows rotations. Video clips only show the good.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Lonnie looking good against NBA compe ion. How does Lyles always find his way in these games?
    Has he been reading Spurstalk?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker should start. He shouldn't be a bench player with his talent and the team's need for offensive creation. Assuming everyone stays, it might be best for White to come off the bench to preserve his body. He does seem to get stress injuries quite a bit. Have Murray, Walker, McDermott (or Vassell if he has it together), Johnson and Poeltl start. Bring in Derrick as the first sub for the SF and slide Lonnie over. Bring Forbes (since he's going to be there) in for Murray, Young in for Walker and Eubanks/Landale in for Poeltl on the next sub. Then top it off by bringing in Vassell/McDermott for Johnson. That should prevent the spacing from ever being bad. The worst it gets is with the starting lineup, but you aren't going to bench Murray, Johnson or Poeltl if they're on the team. Hopefully the former two are able to shoot better next season.

Murray, White
    Walker, Forbes
    McDermott, Vassell
    Johnson, Young
    Poeltl, Eubanks/Landale

Hopefully Devin's three-and-D chops are ready to go so he can start. Otherwise defense in that first unit is going to be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Devin's three-and-D chops are ready to go so he can start. Otherwise defense in that first unit is going to be interesting.
    An "interesting" disaster. The others will wear themselves out trying to cover for the mistakes McD and Walker will make.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker should start. He shouldn't be a bench player with his talent and the team's need for offensive creation. Assuming everyone stays, it might be best for White to come off the bench to preserve his body. He does seem to get stress injuries quite a bit. Have Murray, Walker, McDermott (or Vassell if he has it together), Johnson and Poeltl start. Bring in Derrick as the first sub for the SF and slide Lonnie over. Bring Forbes (since he's going to be there) in for Murray, Young in for Walker and Eubanks/Landale in for Poeltl on the next sub. Then top it off by bringing in Vassell/McDermott for Johnson. That should prevent the spacing from ever being bad. The worst it gets is with the starting lineup, but you aren't going to bench Murray, Johnson or Poeltl if they're on the team. Hopefully the former two are able to shoot better next season.

Murray, White
    Walker, Forbes
    McDermott, Vassell
    Johnson, Young
    Poeltl, Eubanks/Landale

Ball’s not going to move in that SL. Both Lonnie and DJ are pretty rudimentary/mechanical in their passing, and lack real court vision.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An "interesting" disaster. The others will wear themselves out trying to cover for the mistakes McD and Walker will make.
    Probably, but if Devin isn't ready to go, it might not be able to be helped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ball’s not going to move in that SL. Both Lonnie and DJ are pretty rudimentary/mechanical in their passing, and lack real court vision.
    The Spurs shouldn't be relying on their two-guard to be the facilitator. If Murray can't handle be the distributor of the SL, he should come off the bench. Regardless, though, the Spurs should absolutely run an actually system this time instead of that free-flowing crap. You don't make McD your biggest signing in a half-decade if you aren't prepared to run plays for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs shouldn't be relying on their two-guard to be the facilitator. If Murray can't handle be the distributor of the SL, he should come off the bench. Regardless, though, the Spurs should absolutely run an actually system this time instead of that free-flowing crap. You don't make McD your biggest signing in a half-decade if you aren't prepared to run plays for him.
    The reality is that Murray is the two guard. White is the best remaining facilitator. He’s the only one that can instinctively run the PnR. If you don’t want free form, and you want plays run, White’s your guy.

I’m just dead tired of the SL digging big holes every game that the bench has to dig out of. It’s been that way for two seasons.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That recent Walker video: man, he’s really avoiding contact. I know its a scrimmage and avoiding injuries, but that isn’t progress. And I like Walker. But hey, we’ll see. It’s just a single silly video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That recent Walker video: man, he’s really avoiding contact. I know its a scrimmage and avoiding injuries, but that isn’t progress. And I like Walker. But hey, we’ll see. It’s just a single silly video.
    No, he’s been like that for 3 seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like no one out there was playing any defense, or being physical. Just an Twitter shoot for these guys to give their fans some highlights.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he’s been like that for 3 seasons.
    Right. We’re agreeing. That video doesn’t show him playing differently is what I’m saying.

Thread Information