Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am OK going the G League way in the beginning to let Belli, Manu, DMR, Gay, LMA, get used to playing together. After quarter of season he needs to be getting some burn to let older guys rest up for end of season run.
    What about White, Dejounte, Mills? There is no room for Walker. I don't see him outplaying any of those guys except if Dejounte turns into bust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about White, Dejounte, Mills? There is no room for Walker. I don't see him outplaying any of those guys except if Dejounte turns into bust.
    Dejounte is already a top shelf defender for the 1 in only his 2nd year. Hard to call him a bust considering he was a late 1st rounder.

You are correct that Lonnie probably spends most of the season in Austin. Don't see him getting time above Patty, Belli, DJ, White, or Manu tbh. Wish we could offload one of Beli or Patty. They are going to limit the PT of our young guys too much. Forgot we resigned that got forbes. No way he gets PT over him, Pop loves that POS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he has a good rookie year!!!!

Go Spurs go!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very promising, hmmmmm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed. I just don't see Walker leapfrogging any of those guys this season. He may even get less burn in SA than White did last season.

Shouldn't a guy actually DO something before he gets an "Appreciation" thread?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder how many second rounders were included.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're going to dominate the league with our long twos

My Girl's a Hooper keithington1's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid better get minutes. He's a star in the making. If Jayson Tatum can get minutes and any other 18, 19 year old kid. Why not him? We all saw how Donavan Mitc 's athleticism translated. He's gamechanging dynamic and Pop can reign him in. Imagine the off ball movement and the plays we could draw up for him. If he's open for three I trust already that he'll probably make the shot. Bryn can wear a suit for 3 million. Patty's minutes can be reduced. Manu can rest more. He can play some 3. Bertans can keep his minutes where they were at. Marco can get 8 minutes/ DNP's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This kid better get minutes. He's a star in the making. If Jayson Tatum can get minutes and any other 18, 19 year old kid. Why not him? We all saw how Donavan Mitc 's athleticism translated. He's gamechanging dynamic and Pop can reign him in. Imagine the off ball movement and the plays we could draw up for him. If he's open for three I trust already that he'll probably make the shot. Bryn can wear a suit for 3 million. Patty's minutes can be reduced. Manu can rest more. He can play some 3. Bertans can keep his minutes where they were at. Marco can get 8 minutes/ DNP's.

Lonnie will play valuable minutes for us when the game is no longer winnable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone else think it's a blessing in disguise to have DeMar along side this kid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the potential of this kid is so high that with the development of SA, I would be discouraged if it did not become something between Oladipo, Donovan, Lillard or even more optimistic, something close to Wade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the potential of this kid is so high that with the development of SA, I would be discouraged if it did not become something between Oladipo, Donovan, Lillard or even more optimistic, something close to Wade
    He's shown the ability to put people on skates thus far, can't wait to see him dribble against NBA defenders.. His form is nice, even though his percentages aren't reflecting that yet.. A little coaching from Chip plus natural muscle mass gains he will get as he gets a few years older and hits the weights and I think the sky is the limit for him.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awhile back, Pop said Lonnies driving game reminds him of a young Manu Ginibili. How many mins per game did Manu play his first season? I remember it being a consistent role & mins off the bench but thats it. Hopefully pop does the same with Lonny since its a glaring weakness of the spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the explanation as to why he's fallen so low in the draft (to be snatched by the Spurs)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awhile back, Pop said Lonnies driving game reminds him of a young Manu Ginibili. How many mins per game did Manu play his first season? I remember it being a consistent role & mins off the bench but thats it. Hopefully pop does the same with Lonny since its a glaring weakness of the spurs.
    He was actually injury plagued, and didn’t establish a role until January, or so. He was also 25.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was actually injury plagued, and didn’t establish a role until January, or so. He was also 25.
    Walker likely isn't going to be in the roster until mid-season.

Spurs need to get many of the newer players acclimated to the system. No need for a rookie to make that process more difficult that it needs to be.

I may or may not care. monkeypunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This, he was injured so much that no teams had game-planned against him. When he finally got healthy mid-03, we tore a hole in the league and he feasted against everyone all the way to the end. Huge underrated factor in the 03 ringing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Donovan and Jayson weren't playing for Pop or on rosters that were cluttered with SGs that were already higher in Pop's pecking order.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the explanation as to why he's fallen so low in the draft (to be snatched by the Spurs)?
    Statistically he didn't have the most impressive season at Miami.. he also may have rubbed some people the wrong way with his pre-draft interviews.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statistically he didn't have the most impressive season at Miami.. he also may have rubbed some people the wrong way with his pre-draft interviews.
    I don't think your second premise is valid. If his interviews would have rubbed anyone wrong, it would have been the Spurs, and they were OK with him. He's already had meniscus surgery, and that caused his drop, even though he's recovered. When you remove it, you start the clock on his knee becoming bone on bone like Tim's or DWade's. Not sure why teams are worried about 12-13 years down the road when most rooks don't make it past their first contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's killing it in the G League then we can bring him up anytime.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will get more playing time then White Pop not going to screw this up. But a lot depends on how he plays when called up regarding playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice if he could get playing time this season but I just don't see room for him in the rotation, barring injury.

Thread Information