Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's all kneel in prayer tonight and hope that the Ginobili family gets deported so this young kid's potential doesn't get destroyed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think your second premise is valid. If his interviews would have rubbed anyone wrong, it would have been the Spurs, and they were OK with him. He's already had meniscus surgery, and that caused his drop, even though he's recovered. When you remove it, you start the clock on his knee becoming bone on bone like Tim's or DWade's. Not sure why teams are worried about 12-13 years down the road when most rooks don't make it past their first contract.
    Did he definitely get his meniscus removed? Isn't it better long-term if it's repaired, that is, if it is not too badly damaged and is able to be repaired?
    Last edited by Ice009; 08-21-2018 at 09:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did he definitely get his meniscus removed? Isn't it better long-term if it's repaired, that is, if it is not too badly damaged and is able to be repaired?
    It is better to repair it, but not always possible. It depends on the blood flow available to the parts on both sides of the tear. I’m kind of drawing a conclusion based on him dropping out of the top 10 that it was removed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker should have 4 to 6 good years but after that it’s going to be day by day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker should have 4 to 6 good years but after that it’s going to be day by day.
    It'll be more than that. Tim was a bigger heavier guy, and didn't start having problems for maybe 10 years, post surgery, and was able to manage for more years than that by changing his game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have watched the kid play and really have not seen anything that makes him any better than a thousand other hopeful players. His value is that he is young and could get better. Right now he would get chewed up and spit out by seasoned NBA players.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So he might be a rich man's DeJuan Blair?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is better to repair it, but not always possible. It depends on the blood flow available to the parts on both sides of the tear. I’m kind of drawing a conclusion based on him dropping out of the top 10 that it was removed.
    Thanks for your opinion. I am hoping it wasn't removed, but your logic is sound in regard to maybe that being the reason he dropped out of the top 10.

Does anyone know if Westbrook had his repaired or removed? He's still playing like a beast if he did he get his removed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have watched the kid play and really have not seen anything that makes him any better than a thousand other hopeful players. His value is that he is young and could get better. Right now he would get chewed up and spit out by seasoned NBA players.
    That's why you're not an NBA GM. If you're in the NBA draft green room, you're better than 'thousands of other hopeful players'. Is he a 'can't miss'? No. But he certainly better than you opine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He definitely needs to develop his game, but I like everything about the kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for your opinion. I am hoping it wasn't removed, but your logic is sound in regard to maybe that being the reason he dropped out of the top 10.

Does anyone know if Westbrook had his repaired or removed? He's still playing like a beast if he did he get his removed.
    I'm not sure about RW. I think the initial surgery was for repair, but didn't he have like one or even two more surgeries before he returned? I'm remembering something along those lines...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's why you're not an NBA GM. If you're in the NBA draft green room, you're better than 'thousands of other hopeful players'. Is he a 'can't miss'? No. But he certainly better than you opine.
    Yeah, all those other NBA GMs could not wait to draft him. Picks in the low first are a gamble. They are betting that he can get better cause he is young. Nothing you said negates anything I said other than you got butt hurt.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    various news reports said it was a repair surgery not remove

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, all those other NBA GMs could not wait to draft him. Picks in the low first are a gamble. They are betting that he can get better cause he is young. Nothing you said negates anything I said other than you got butt hurt.
    You've done nothing to support your position. I have. The Spurs have a track record of drafting players who pan out. You have a record of spouting hyperbole and unsupported opinions. The butt hurt is all yours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've done nothing to support your position. I have. The Spurs have a track record of drafting players who pan out. You have a record of spouting hyperbole and unsupported opinions. The butt hurt is all yours.
    Blah, blah, blah. No facts. No basketball references. No video to prove a point. Only your hyperbole that you accuse others of having. Right now you look like just another dog barking at a mirror.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blah, blah, blah. No facts. No basketball references. No video to prove a point. Only your hyperbole that you accuse others of having. Right now you look like just another dog barking at a mirror.
    That's you, bud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From his Twitter account
    Last edited by Maddog; 08-23-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol That’s cool bro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol That’s cool bro.
    It's from his Twitter account
    Sorry forgot post link

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shouldn't a guy actually DO something before he gets an "Appreciation" thread?
    Definitely... I don't think we can do an appreciation thread on White either... but hopefully White gets his opportunity this season and Lonnie is improving enough (as he's really young too) that we get some glimpses to look forward to in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From his Twitter account
    it should have Obi-Wan Ginobili

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure about RW. I think the initial surgery was for repair, but didn't he have like one or even two more surgeries before he returned? I'm remembering something along those lines...
    He's had at least two that I know of. Not sure if they were repairs, but what I do know is, he didn't take off as long as other players have and he came back like a demon going 100 miles per hour. He wasn't tentative at all like a lot of other players can be when coming back from injuries like that. That's one thing I respect about him. He still plays the same coming back from injury. Complete opposite of Derrick Rose, who seemed to take months coming back from a meniscus tear.

Actually, with Pop's beard and him being the coach/teacher, I think Pop being 'Obi-Wan" is even better. I'm excited about Lonnie's potential. I hope he gets playing time this year and takes it with both hands running out of the gate from the get-go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop as Obi-Wan is pretty funny though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that picture is awesome ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Awhile back, Pop said Lonnies driving game reminds him of a young Manu Ginibili. How many mins per game did Manu play his first season? I remember it being a consistent role & mins off the bench but thats it. Hopefully pop does the same with Lonny since its a glaring weakness of the spurs.
    When Manu joined the Spurs, he had already 7 years as pro, playing in his country and Europe. Loonie doesn't have that experience...
    I'd love to see Loonie having consistent minutes because that's the only way to develop young guys but -unless Manu retires/a guard gets injured- I can't see Pop giving Loonie that much time on court.

Thread Information