Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little nit picking... If it's Episode IV they are highlighting (due to Old Ben = Pop) then they should've had Lonnie yielding the blue light-saber. The green lightsaber didn't make an appearance until Episode VI Return of the Jedi.

Really cool concept art though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little nit picking... If it's Episode IV they are highlighting (due to Old Ben = Pop) then they should've had Lonnie yielding the blue light-saber. The green lightsaber didn't make an appearance until Episode VI Return of the Jedi.

Really cool concept art though.
    Isn't Episode IV more of a reference to LWIV?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it should have Obi-Wan Ginobili
    Kenobi... Ginobili... Excellent!

And put Crater Face in a black face/helmet and call him Pop Vader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isn't Episode IV more of a reference to LWIV?
    Yeah that's the best suited reason. The Old Ben conversion to Pop I think is the key to legitimizing the look of the poster though. But yeah the Star Wars references are many.

Lonnie
    Walker ---> Skywalker
    IV --------> Episode IV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think whoever made the graphic looked up pictures of Luke from Episode IV and saw that he was mostly wearing his white robe attire, the stormtrooper outfit or his x-wing pilot orange jumpsuit. They likely said, " nah...!" to all of those choices and instead chose Luke's all-black outfit from Episode VI as being more fitting for Lonnie.

Last edited by Phenomanul; 08-24-2018 at 11:28 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would instantly become legend if he came on to the court wearing Jedi Master robes, ala Old Ben... during say the Halloween game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think whoever made the graphic looked up pictures of Luke from Episode IV and saw that he was mostly wearing his white robe attire, the stormtrooper outfit or his x-wing pilot orange jumpsuit. They likely said, " nah...!" to all of those choices and instead chose Luke's all-black outfit from Episode VI as being more fitting for Lonnie.

Man, that hair looks like plastic - makes Ric Renner's look natural.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it might actually be one of those "realistic replicas"... his face also looks plastic as do his hands and kind of forced pose...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it might actually be one of those "realistic replicas"... his face also looks plastic as do his hands and kind of forced pose...
    Possibly, the face doesn't look exactly like Mark Hamil's - maybe a bit too narrow? But that HAIR - not very "realistic"!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Possibly, the face doesn't look exactly like Mark Hamil's - maybe a bit too narrow? But that HAIR - not very "realistic"!
    IDK for a toy it looks fairly realistic... still... I wouldn't pay $300 for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IDK for a toy it looks fairly realistic... still... I wouldn't pay $300 for it.

I failed to read the fine print on the original photo and didn't realize it was a toy. Guess the joke is on me!

But, yeah, I wouldn't pay $30.00 for it!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop would instantly become legend if he came on to the court wearing Jedi Master robes, ala Old Ben... during say the Halloween game.
    A scenario came to mind...

An official makes a bad call and Pop vehemently disagrees with it. He walks over to the bench, gets the robe, puts it on goes back to the officials and does the Obi Wan mind trick hand sway in front of the official... as if to say, "these are not the fouls you thought you saw".

https://aminoapps.com/c/star-wars/pa...xGq5mWaknYM8va
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 08-24-2018 at 01:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Video ends with some scrimmages - Rudy gay is on his team - gaining some early chemistry.
    Last edited by ace3g; 08-25-2018 at 09:42 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Video ends with some scrimmages - Rudy gay is on his team - gaining some early chemistry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love that he's getting involved with some of our former championship players at events like these

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love that he's getting involved with some of our former championship players at events like these
    It's the only thing he's going to be involved with this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I failed to read the fine print on the original photo and didn't realize it was a toy
    "That toy sure does look like a ing toy" - sasaint

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I liked what I saw. Especially in the scrimmages. Not afraid to stop and pull up for 3. Spurs could really utilize him like that(3&D) in his rookie year instead of having him handle the ball a lot. But I see a lot of Austin playing time for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked what I saw. Especially in the scrimmages. Not afraid to stop and pull up for 3. Spurs could really utilize him like that(3&D) in his rookie year instead of having him handle the ball a lot. But I see a lot of Austin playing time for him.
    101 defense is to play the hips and ignore the shoulder movement. Raney seems to be ignoring that fact when instructing the defender figure head. At the NBA the speed of the defense is capable of matching the speed of the offense. Key word "capable".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    101 defense is to play the hips and ignore the shoulder movement. Raney seems to be ignoring that fact when instructing the defender figure head. At the NBA the speed of the defense is capable of matching the speed of the offense. Key word "capable".
    Tbh. Walker's movements did seem more top heavy. I was not impressed with his hesitations and foot movement during the video. He definitely has handles though but would've liked to see his hesitations being more jerkier if that makes sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do realize you don’t play real defense on someone during a drill right? You can almost do that drill with a chair but having a real person helps him slightly more. I understand what you’re trying to say though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh. Walker's movements did seem more top heavy. I was not impressed with his hesitations and foot movement during the video. He definitely has handles though but would've liked to see his hesitations being more jerkier if that makes sense.
    It’s a process. It will become more natural to him over time. You stick with it and eventually something will just click in him and he’ll be more comfortable doing it. I do see the “top heavy” you’re mentioning. But , Kawhi was super stiff coming out of college and kind of still is. He was top heavy. Just strong. I know it’s a different position but I see Lonnie getting better if he sticks with the process of what it takes to get better without skipping any steps.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if a lot of players will try and prioritize chemistry-building after last season's disaster in that regard, maybe even to the point of overdoing it to make a point to Number 2.

Thread Information