Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I liked what I saw. Especially in the scrimmages. Not afraid to stop and pull up for 3. Spurs could really utilize him like that(3&D) in his rookie year instead of having him handle the ball a lot. But I see a lot of Austin playing time for him.
    Since it's the number one need and he's probably best equipped to fill it, I wouldn't rule out him starting and playing a 3&D role at some point next season. A lot has to happen, but none of it is far fetched . . .

- Ginobili has to retire and they have to not lose their minds and sign Crawford as a replacement
    - If he starts, Gay has to prove untenable with the starters
    - Either a rotation player has to suffer a lengthy injury or 1 of Bertans, Poeltl, White, has to struggle enough to lose their spot
    - He has to prove to be a reliable, spot up 3-point shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's real question about Walker's D, especially in comparison to White. I am not sure that he's any more equipped to check good players than Derrick is, and he certainly doesn't seem stockier than Murray. I've nothing against having three perimeter players starting who can switch everything. I just don't know that Lonnie should be thought of in that light without seeing him do anything of the sort against NBA players. Even if the three is there, it's quite a leap to put him among the top 10 offensive guys on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is half an inch taller, nearly 3 inches longer, about 10 pounds heavier (probably about 25 heavier than Murray) and significantly more athletic than White. Physically, he's essentially a longer Simmons.

Of course he's not equipped to defend overpowering big wings/combo forwards, but there's plenty of "SG"'s they're likely going to have trouble defending. He's the most natural defender for the likes of Harden, Thompson (though they might prefer him on Durant), McCollum, Booker, Mitc , Oladipo, Beal, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker is half an inch taller, nearly 3 inches longer, about 10 pounds heavier (probably about 25 heavier than Murray) and significantly more athletic than White. Physically, he's essentially a longer Simmons.

Of course he's not equipped to defend overpowering big wings/combo forwards, but there's plenty of "SG"'s they're likely going to have trouble defending. He's the most natural defender for the likes of Harden, Thompson (though they might prefer him on Durant), McCollum, Booker, Mitc , Oladipo, Beal, etc.
    Lonnie is six pounds heavier than White was before a year of NBA development. White was a comfortably better defender at the college level, which combined with his better shooting makes him a better candidate for defensive minutes. I loved the Walker pick and think he can develop. But he has to show that he's a good defender first. A half-stone doesn't make up for better instincts and experience. If it did, Beli's 210 pounds would make him the leading three-and-D candidate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since it's the number one need and he's probably best equipped to fill it, I wouldn't rule out him starting and playing a 3&D role at some point next season. A lot has to happen, but none of it is far fetched . . .

- Ginobili has to retire and they have to not lose their minds and sign Crawford as a replacement
    - If he starts, Gay has to prove untenable with the starters
    - Either a rotation player has to suffer a lengthy injury or 1 of Bertans, Poeltl, White, has to struggle enough to lose their spot
    - He has to prove to be a reliable, spot up 3-point shooter
    If Ginobili retires I fully expect him to have opportunities to play a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays more than any of our recent rookies since Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How is Walker 3 inches taller than White? White is 6'5" too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is six pounds heavier than White was before a year of NBA development. White was a comfortably better defender at the college level, which combined with his better shooting makes him a better candidate for defensive minutes. I loved the Walker pick and think he can develop. But he has to show that he's a good defender first. A half-stone doesn't make up for better instincts and experience. If it did, Beli's 210 pounds would make him the leading three-and-D candidate.

Walker was listed at 196 pre draft, but he was at 204 on the Summer League roster and White was up 5 to 195. Obviously, whether there's a 6 or 9 pound difference is irrelevant, the point was Walker's physically superior to White in every way.

It doesn't guarantee anything of course, but it does give him a higher ceiling. He can't show anything without an opportunity though.

If Ginobili retires I fully expect him to have opportunities to play a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays more than any of our recent rookies since Kawhi.
    Maybe at some point, but if they stay relatively healthy, probably not early on.

How is Walker 3 inches taller than White? White is 6'5" too.

Walker is half an inch taller, nearly 3 inches longer

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is already better than green.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m a fan of White and his game but his defense was not a strong point in SL. He had some trouble staying in front of his man and particularly getting around screens. imo Walker has a lot more defensive potential and will be showing that by end of this year or next year once he gets coaching and discipline.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    watching that training clip, he needs to protect the ball when dribbling...all that fancy dribbling wont work in the nba...

he needs to shield the ball with his body when dribbling, or else clowns like kawhi who likes to reach in b4 you bounce will steal the ball...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White has the physical tools i just worry that he may not have the mental tools to be great offensively. I hope he learns to read the floor better on the offensive end.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Saw Lonnie at the Palladium yesterday. Probably watching the new Blackkklansman or something movie.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isnt there a church thread where all these posts should be? Once he leaves then comes this thread...

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Isnt there a church thread where all these posts should be? Once he leaves then comes this thread...
    You can appreciate whenever.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gf said he wasn't so tall. I said I'm tall too bish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=274441

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's nothing to appreciate yet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he one of the players that is in San Antonio right now working out with the team? Anyone know? It looked like on his Instagram page that he was still vacationing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he one of the players that is in San Antonio right now working out with the team? Anyone know? It looked like on his Instagram page that he was still vacationing.
    I think his vacation is over and he's been in the gym, grinding drills, and play pick up with veteran players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this picture 2k19?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this picture 2k19?
    Yes Jermaine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've been playing nbalive19... He looks nuttin like himself besides the hair. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, that is surprisingly accurate.

Thread Information