Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    10588913[/URL]]It looks like no one out there was playing any defense, or being physical. Just an Twitter shoot for these guys to give their fans some highlights.
    Yes and No. they never play defense on scrimmages anymore. Would be stupid to get injured and lose millions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even in a no defense game, he could work on his moves to get to the basket. I was impressed at first but it was just the highlights of him making some jumpshots. He looked aggressive with his shot but he is prone to settling for jumpshots and not being too aggressive driving and none of those drives looked easy.

This is a different player working on moves to get to the basket for comparison...

Same no defense being played, it just looked like the player was working on his moves to get to the basket which is fun to see...

Upon reflection on the comments here. I'd have to agree, Lonnie was the same we have seen b4.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welp scoring 5 points in 2 games won't get you an extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m rooting for Lonnie, but those are mostly acrobatic shots. How many of those does he make?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his defense was impressive last night. 3 blocks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This was his teaser game. He’ll disappear into his s for 3-4 games now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully we can trade him now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's right for this team or popovich's style of coaching. He will be ok elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you Lonnie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie looks to be comfortable and playing well from the little I've seen of the Fakers this season. Good for him, I'll always root for El Cuatro. Hope he can put it all together sometime in his career and plays up to his potential.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was never a fan of letting him walk. Especially now with Primo gone.

I would say that Pop's system helped him round out his game but in the long term that same system would have likely stifled his offensive flow. I'm not at all surprised that he's opening up on a less disciplined team. Shooting percentage is up, no surprise there either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you Lonnie

Primo not completely scrubbed from official Spurs history, I see. Did someone screw up, or is there a comeback in the works?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish he could have stayed but he never put it together in San Antonio when they needed him to. The early season numbers in LA are inflated with the volume shooters being out a lot.

The Spurs need to have these upcoming young guys get to the second contract - only Johnson is there now. Vassell seems to be a good bet to get one an extension too. The 2016 and 2017 ones were recycled into four futures.

ESPN did a kiss butt article on Walker stating he has improved in every area, but as we've seen in short stretches he can do well.

Does he actually DEFEND in LA? I haven't seen him play on that side of the floor this year. Lonnie seems to be a decent dude based on his time in SA and he tried to turn the corner here but it just didn't happen. The confidence would wane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needed some alphas to play with. He’s a great complimentary piece. The Lakers with Russ, AD and Lebron (and Beverly I suppose) are a perfect fit for him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needed some alphas to play with. He’s a great complimentary piece. The Lakers with Russ, AD and Lebron (and Beverly I suppose) are a perfect fit for him.
    Agreed. He was too soft and unconfident to stand out on a team of young guys. He had his chance last season and Keldon completely overshadowed him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this clown can get to the rim at will, but cant finish

had all the opportunities on this team where there was no alpha scorer, had the green light to chuck...yet couldnt handle the responsibility....the same could be said about beta cuck IG BALLER

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is averaging the same numbers per 36 minutes like he did last year on the Spurs, just with better shooting splits. All he does on the Lakers is play more minutes, but of course none of y'all recognize this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "better shooting splits" in "more minutes" kind of outweighs the fact that per-36 numbers are the same. He's scoring more on better efficiency despite playing with better scorers. That's impressive. Lonnie's not playing like the alpha the Spurs need and had hoped Primo would become, but he is playing well. It's lame how many folks have to fight just admitting that. The Spurs had good reason to move on, and they'll be good with Vassell developing so quickly. But as they've done and will continue to do, the Spurs let a talented player go. It's just something that folks should get used to happening more and more as they have so many draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The "better shooting splits" in "more minutes" kind of outweighs the fact that per-36 numbers are the same. He's scoring more on better efficiency despite playing with better scorers. That's impressive. Lonnie's not playing like the alpha the Spurs need and had hoped Primo would become, but he is playing well. It's lame how many folks have to fight just admitting that. The Spurs had good reason to move on, and they'll be good with Vassell developing so quickly. But as they've done and will continue to do, the Spurs let a talented player go. It's just something that folks should get used to happening more and more as they have so many draft picks.
    Good way to frame it. It’s not like we let him walk. He wanted a new situation. He may have even taken money off the table short term for a different opportunity. In PATFO’s defense he had 0 trade value leading up to free agency.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, the higher we draft the more talented player we get and a good chance that beats out a current player in his position.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lonnie is averaging the same numbers per 36 minutes like he did last year on the Spurs, just with better shooting splits. All he does on the Lakers is play more minutes, but of course none of y'all recognize this
    Percentages are better too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, the higher we draft the more talented player we get and a good chance that beats out a current player in his position.
    we'll just draft a player that no one would have with a lottery pick and send him to the G league for a year.

Thread Information