Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The truth is under President Obama we've lost control of things that used to have control over. We came in with an internet, we came up with the internet. And I think Secretary Clinton and myself would agree very much when you look at what ISIS is doing with the internet. They're beating us at our own game. ISIS. So we have to get very, very tough on cyber. I have a son. He's ten years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable. The security aspect of cyber is very, very tough. And maybe it's hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing, but that's true throughout our whole governmental society.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "we are not doing the job we should be doing"

"govt IS the problem" according to Saint Ronnie the Diseased.

kind of joke back then, but Reagan was telegraphing the oligarchy's strategy to "drown govt in a bath tub", install political hacks at all director/manager levels, and defund govt into dysfunctionality.

The objective being to disempower govt, leaving the oligarchy's power unregulated, unchecked.

Trash's kakistocratic Cabinet, his (oligarchy's) budget achieves all of that, and the destruction continues.

Trash's "solution" to CA / Western wildfires is to permit more logging, more clear cut logging, and if the forests are virgin forest, even better.

nature for profit, it's totally disconnected from human life

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    If quoting dump things politicians said would be grounds for them being unfit, 3/4th of Congress would be out.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If quoting dump things politicians said would be grounds for them being unfit, 3/4th of Congress would be out.
    Sounds good to me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everybody says some dumb things from time to time.

At issue here, though is a pattern of cognition, readily discernible, from someone capable of extinguishing our species, should any potential mental illness drive him to do so.

Seems like we should have some standards of verifying that person isn't suffering from Alzheimers or similar, yes? He is 72

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nobody's talking about all of Congress, primarily only about Trash's blatant mental degradation, probably helped by his garbage lifestyle.

His degradation is in a class by itself, unrelated to the uttered by Congress or judges.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    aaaand lastly:

The entire profession is re-thinking that rule. Some are so alarmed that they have, in the case of the OP, set it aside entirely.

Two words:

Nuclear ing weapons.

If you want to think that somehow Donald Trump is immune to the effects of aging, and doesn't need a formal, in-depth examination based on his observed behaviors, I would ask why?
    Are you moving the goal posts now? It sure seems like it. The link I provided (from liberal vox no less) backs my assertion up. Oh and by the way "Nuclear ing weapons" is three words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you moving the goal posts now? It sure seems like it. The link I provided (from liberal vox no less) backs my assertion up. Oh and by the way "Nuclear ing weapons" is three words.
    "three words" is reference to a Dennis Leary comedy bit. Listen to the whole thing, get to the end. It's funny.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

No, I am not moving the goal posts.

Scientists mock Trump’s tweet on wildfires as ‘comedically ill-informed’ and ‘unmitigated crap’
    https://thinkprogress.org/scientists...-df7798d526d3/

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    "three words" is reference to a Dennis Leary comedy bit. Listen to the whole thing, get to the end. It's funny.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs

No, I am not moving the goal posts.

Scientists mock Trump’s tweet on wildfires as ‘comedically ill-informed’ and ‘unmitigated crap’
    https://thinkprogress.org/scientists...-df7798d526d3/
    Yes, you are moving the goal posts. My original post in this thread was the following:

Bull . You can't make an accurate diagnosis off of cherry-picked videos. Trump has already had a physical where he received a clean bill of health.
    The Vox link I provided specifically states that psychiatrists do not make mental health diagnoses in that manner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and by the way "Nuclear ing weapons" is three words.

OPs mental health urgently deteriorating by each post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, you are moving the goal posts. My original post in this thread was the following:

The Vox link I provided specifically states that psychiatrists do not make mental health diagnoses in that manner.
    Respectfully:
    You are misusing the term "moving the goal posts". You may wish to read up a little on it.

And, as noted psychiatrists are very specifically re-evaluating the Goldwater rule, with the guy in the OP being one of the leading proponents.
    https://theness.com/neurologicablog/...ule-revisited/

The OP, that you do not appear to have watched addresses this.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Respectfully:
    You are misusing the term "moving the goal posts". You may wish to read up a little on it.

And, as noted psychiatrists are very specifically re-evaluating the Goldwater rule, with the guy in the OP being one of the leading proponents.
    https://theness.com/neurologicablog/...ule-revisited/

The OP, that you do not appear to have watched addresses this.
    Moving the goalposts (or shifting the goalposts) is a metaphor, derived from goal-based sports, that means to change the criterion (goal) of a process or compe ion while it is still in progress, in such a way that the new goal offers one side an intentional advantage or disadvantage.[1]

I’m not a debate professional, but I’m pretty sure that’s what you did.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump struggles with the concept of time zones, aides say

Donald Trump, international businessman and world-class dealmaker, had to be dissuaded by aides from calling Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in the middle of the night, Tokyo time.

This happened more than once.

Trump has also, in internal White House meetings,

pronounced the names of the countries Nepal and Bhutan as nipple and button,

although he outdid himself by referring to Namibia as “Nambia” in public.

But it’s when Trump’s aides are anonymously trying to defend him that things get really scary:

Trump did impress some of his own aides in the meeting, however. “He did a very good job of saying Cote D’Ivoire,” said one.

Oh, well, he did a good job saying the name of a country! A French name, no less. Three cheers for Trump! There’s a president for the ages. Trump’s aides also explained that he does understand the concept of time zones, for real:

A White House official sycophant!

also says Trump, as a former jet-setting global businessman,

understands how time zones work

but doesn’t dwell on such details when he wants to talk to a foreign leader.

“He’s the president of the United States.

He’s not stopping to add up” time differences, the official said.

“I don’t think anybody would expect him or Obama or Bush or Clinton or anybody to do that.

That’s the whole reason you have a staff to say ‘yes, we’ll set it up,’and then they find a time that makes most sense.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1787889

My Team
    Minnesota T'Wolves
    Post Count
    what's that say about your 65k+ posts here then? lmao you mentally ill re .
    Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Space.

Force.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving the goalposts (or shifting the goalposts) is a metaphor, derived from goal-based sports, that means to change the criterion (goal) of a process or compe ion while it is still in progress, in such a way that the new goal offers one side an intentional advantage or disadvantage.[1]

I’m not a debate professional, but I’m pretty sure that’s what you did.
    okaaaay. What was the original goal. Then how specifically did I change it?

Just repeating your assertion doesn't actually outline it.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    okaaaay. What was the original goal. Then how specifically did I change it?

Just repeating your assertion doesn't actually outline it.
    The original assertion, or goal if you will, was that psychiatrists do not make diagnoses by watching video clips. You moved the goalposts by making it about whether or not a 72 year old man is immune from the effects on aging.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "organically based cognitive decline"

He makes the same point I have made here, i.e. we have decades of Trump on tape, and the degradation in displayed cognition is obvious.
    The original assertion, or goal if you will, was that psychiatrists do not make diagnoses by watching video clips.
    Factually incorrect. The OP said just the opposite.

You moved the goalposts by making it about whether or not a 72 year old man is immune from the effects on aging
    That isn't a moving the goal posts, that was a leading question given to you with the intention of making you either say 1) that it is reasonable to worry about the mental facilities of a 72 year old man, or, more likely ignore the question entirely, as you know I am right, but don't want to admit it.

Well meant and freely given:

Moving the goal posts involves changing agreed on standards of evidence after one standard has been met.

Example:
    Bob says that Charlie is much better at selling cars than Doug, because he just sold a fully loaded vehicle.

Edward points out that Doug has done the same thing this week, Bob now says Charlie is better at selling cars than Doug because he has sold many more sports cars.

Edward points out that, in fact, Doug has sold more sports cars.

Bob now picks yet another metric to "prove" his case.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Factually incorrect. The OP said just the opposite.

That isn't a moving the goal posts, that was a leading question given to you with the intention of making you either say 1) that it is reasonable to worry about the mental facilities of a 72 year old man, or, more likely ignore the question entirely, as you know I am right, but don't want to admit it.

Well meant and freely given:

Moving the goal posts involves changing agreed on standards of evidence after one standard has been met.

Example:
    Bob says that Charlie is much better at selling cars than Doug, because he just sold a fully loaded vehicle.

Edward points out that Doug has done the same thing this week, Bob now says Charlie is better at selling cars than Doug because he has sold many more sports cars.

Edward points out that, in fact, Doug has sold more sports cars.

Bob now picks yet another metric to "prove" his case.
    Actually it is factually correct. It actually states so in the link I provided. That some psychiatrists are re-examining the policy is irrelevant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it is factually correct. It actually states so in the link I provided. That some psychiatrists are re-examining the policy is irrelevant.

I have tried to explain my point simply, and give you a bit of well-meant help in this. You still don't quite have it right.

Respectfully:

You are obviously not quite understanding me here, and you are misapplying terms, and argument.

I will assume it is not intentional, i.e. not trolling.

Not sure what else I can do, other than keep making my case.

It is entirely relevant that there are dozens of psychiatrists who are signing on to a call for a remote diagnosis. It points to the severity and depth of the problem.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I have tried to explain my point simply, and give you a bit of well-meant help in this. You still don't quite have it right.

Respectfully:

You are obviously not quite understanding me here, and you are misapplying terms, and argument.

I will assume it is not intentional, i.e. not trolling.

Not sure what else I can do, other than keep making my case.

It is entirely relevant that there are dozens of psychiatrists who are signing on to a call for a remote diagnosis. It points to the severity and depth of the problem.
    Actually you're the one that doesn't have it quite right. I understand it completely. It is not relevant that a number of psychiatrists may be calling for a remote diagnosis. It goes against their charter. That is the relevant fact. My opinion is that they dislike Trump so much that they now would like to do something that they've agreed in the past as inappropriate (remote diagnosis).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually you're the one that doesn't have it quite right. I understand it completely. It is not relevant that a number of psychiatrists may be calling for a remote diagnosis. It goes against their charter. That is the relevant fact. My opinion is that they dislike Trump so much that they now would like to do something that they've agreed in the past as inappropriate (remote diagnosis).
    It's like you use words... but don't understand what they mean. It's bizarre.

They are calling for the charter to be actively revoked, and that makes it directly relevant.

There are active professionals in psychiatry who are willing to go on the record about the mental state of someone with the ability to end our species.[/I].

Yes or no, is the president's mental health important?
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 08-16-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    It's like you use words... but don't understand what they mean. It's bizarre.

They are calling for the charter to be actively revoked, and that makes it directly relevant.

There are active professionals in psychiatry who are willing to go on the record about the mental state of someone with the ability to end our species.[/I].

Yes or no, is the president's mental health important?
    Is the Goldwater Rule still in place or not?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information