Page 202 of 361 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 9004
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only Qhris would've stayed at school...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't think the Democrats are taking Hillary's loss very well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The founders allowed every state to allocate their electoral votes as they see fit. That part is apparently missing from the video, so it can trigger Qhrisbots...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The founders allowed every state to allocate their electoral votes as they see fit. That part is apparently missing from the video, so it can trigger Qhrisbots...
    So you don't think it's perverting the process to water down the votes of the voters in those states?

The cognitive dissonance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you don't think it's perverting the process to water down the votes of the voters in those states?

The cognitive dissonance
    What part of "The founders allowed every state to allocate their electoral votes as they see fit" is not clear? If the people in any of those states do not like that arrangement, they can also vote to change the authorities.

Good old democracy. What you don't like about it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, I don't get your complaint, Spurt... you were complaining how some electors might not want to select Trump in states he won. And you called that perverting the process.

So Democrats pull that move to avoid exactly the same thing you were complaining about, and it's wrong?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What part of "The founders allowed every state to allocate their electoral votes as they see fit" is not clear? If the people in any of those states do not like that arrangement, they can also vote to change the authorities.

Good old democracy. What you don't like about it?
    I don't think the founders had in mind unaccountable votes dictating my vote. Maybe you foolishly think that, or maybe you're just for perverting the process.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus, I don't get your complaint, Spurt... you were complaining how some electors might not want to select Trump in states he won. And you called that perverting the process.

So Democrats pull that move to avoid exactly the same thing you were complaining about, and it's wrong?
    That's not at all why they did it. Geez, try a modi of intellectual honesty tonight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the founders had in mind unaccountable votes dictating my vote. Maybe you foolishly think that, or maybe you're just for perverting the process.
    How you feel about the founders doesn't matter at all. Everybody has an opinion. What matters is that the founders knew what they were doing because if they wanted States not to be able to choose as they wanted, they would've spelled it out. They didn't.

Presuming to know what the Founders were thinking 200+ years ago is stupid. What we have is what they wrote.

That's not at all why they did it. Geez, try a modi of intellectual honesty tonight.
    Why do you think they did it? I mean, the compact itself doesn't kick in unless exercising it does flip the election. It's not automatic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now, a great argument about this is if it's Cons utional under Article I, Section X... and I think that's much more debatable...

I actually think it would be difficult to ascertain this is not an interstate compact.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do you think they did it? I mean, the compact itself doesn't kick in unless exercising it does flip the election. It's not automatic.
    Rigging the popular vote is already what they do. If you're being honest with yourself, you'll come to terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost all states allot all their electoral votes to the winning candidate in that state, no matter how close the candidate's win.

Electors are typically required to pledge to vote for the winning candidate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rigging the popular vote is already what they do. If you're being honest with yourself, you'll come to terms.
    Your ing is entirely partisan and more in line with current realities than history. Heck, dubya won the popular vote 3 elections ago. Historically, the popular vote has swung around towards both parties more or less equally.

Your position is not uncommon though. Back in the 80s, Republicans were all in on the popular vote, because they had a popular president (And we're talking about Reagan, who passed the largest illegal alien amnesty this country has ever seen).

Even dating further back people have been generally against the Electoral College. See: https://news.gallup.com/poll/2323/Am...s-Elected.aspx

I stand by what I posted earlier, if voters don't like the arrangement, they can kick the state authorities out. Pure democracy. And let's not forget some of those states had GOP governors not long ago, not a stretch in the least.

Almost all states allot all their electoral votes to the winning candidate in that state, no matter how close the candidate's win.

Electors are typically required to pledge to vote for the winning candidate.
    The arrangement is entirely decided by the States. While traditionally it has been done as you mention, certain states like Maine or Nebraska have used different systems (ie: Proportional vote).

If we're talking about the Founders and ancient history, back in the 1800's electors were chosen by state legislatures, and, normally as a slate of partisan electors at that.

, if Trump wins the electoral vote, and he automatically wins California, you'll be lapping it up like no other.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your ing is entirely partisan and more in line with current realities than history. Heck, dubya won the popular vote 3 elections ago. Historically, the popular vote has swung around towards both parties more or less equally.

Your position is not uncommon though. Back in the 80s, Republicans were all in on the popular vote, because they had a popular president (And we're talking about Reagan, who passed the largest illegal alien amnesty this country has ever seen).

Even dating further back people have been generally against the Electoral College. See: https://news.gallup.com/poll/2323/Am...s-Elected.aspx

I stand by what I posted earlier, if voters don't like the arrangement, they can kick the state authorities out. Pure democracy. And let's not forget some of those states had GOP governors not long ago, not a stretch in the least.

The arrangement is entirely decided by the States. While traditionally it has been done as you mention, certain states like Maine or Nebraska have used different systems (ie: Proportional vote).

If we're talking about the Founders and ancient history, back in the 1800's electors were chosen by state legislatures, and, normally as a slate of partisan electors at that.

, if Trump wins the electoral vote, and he automatically wins California, you'll be lapping it up like no other.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp's bolded buzzword blather

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jump-in buzzwording from Chump. Par.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp's bolded buzzword blather
    There's just no counterpoint. The "I know better, believe me" has zero weight, plus it makes no sense to about it.

People complain about low voter turnout and how their vote don't count on solid blue/red states. But this actually changes the game in those states.

Any red vote on a blue state or the other way around all count towards the popular vote majority.

There's better arguments to be made about the legality of the arrangement, but in practical terms it doesn't help one party or the other. It does empower voters whose say was previously limited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention that according to derp himself, Dennison is an extremely popular president. This arrangement literally turns the election into a popularity contest, so I don't get why acting scared of it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's just no counterpoint. The "I know better, believe me" has zero weight, plus it makes no sense to about it.
    There's plenty of evidence. But none of that suits your political leanings, obviously; and I don't waste time convincing someone that doesn't want to be convinced.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's plenty of evidence. But none of that suits your political leanings, obviously; and I don't waste time convincing someone that doesn't want to be convinced.
    I'm right but I'm folding anyway just to prove how right I am!

lol derp

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm right but I'm folding anyway just to prove how right I am!

lol derp
    Chump making stuff up. Par.

lol dump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jeez y'all this is , please stop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure the forefathers envisioned cities being the deciding vote for entire States on the other side of the country. Totally logical and not asinine.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure the forefathers envisioned cities being the deciding vote for entire States on the other side of the country. Totally logical and not asinine.
    They did. Just ask ElNono

Thread Information