Page 3 of 361 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Rick Wilson and an online poll provided exclusively to the daily beast
    What is your issue with the ipsos methodology?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, government will be involved in the role they need to be involved: the judicial system will look at the lawsuits and decide on it's merits.

Really, any other involvement past that is what banana republics like Venezuela do, where they go ahead and take control of the media outright, which is what fascism is really all about.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly what you are arguing.

It's 100% wrong.

Facebook is not violating any cons utional rights by terminating accounts that violate its TOS.

Perioid.
    Sociopath chump trying really hard to justify the infringement of free speech by the corporate arm of the government.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, government will be involved in the role they need to be involved: the judicial system will look at the lawsuits and decide on it's merits.

Really, any other involvement past that is what banana republics like Venezuela do, where they go ahead and take control of the media outright, which is what fascism is really all about.
    at the calculated indifference. The government needs to get out of the business of aiding corporations if quelling free speech in public forums is going to be allowed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sociopath chump trying really hard to justify the infringement of free speech by the corporate arm of the government.
    derp is trying to argue there is a corporate arm of the government.

Give us the case law supporting this argument:

Then the government has a lawful expectation that Cons utional rights of Americans will not be violated by the services they 'significantly' help to facilitate, particularly as it relates to "public forums."

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    derp is trying to argue there is a corporate arm of the government.

Give us the case law supporting this argument:
    Blue pilled sociopath chump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the calculated indifference. The government needs to get out of the business of aiding corporations if quelling free speech in public forums is going to be allowed.
    There's no indifference. I already mentioned they could potentially build a case, and that's the avenue people seek redress in.

This is a dispute between two private parties, government should be involved through the judiciary, per usual. I mean, there's lawsuits between private en ies flying every day in this country, this one would be no different.

I actually find fascinating how the same conservatives that whine incessantly about big government, want bigger government when it suits their need or it's 'their' government (not pointing at you specifically, not sure if you're one of the small government champions)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is your issue with the ipsos methodology?
    That it doesn't favors them this time.

The end.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no indifference. I already mentioned they could potentially build a case, and that's the avenue people seek redress in.

This is a dispute between two private parties, government should be involved through the judiciary, per usual. I mean, there's lawsuits between private en ies flying every day in this country, this one would be no different.

I actually find fascinating how the same conservatives that whine incessantly about big government, want bigger government when it suits their need or it's 'their' government (not pointing at you specifically, not sure if you're one of the small government champions)
    In the past you've given intricate explanations in the past on how interwoven govt. and tech are. You completely downplayed that in your analysis here.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fr...cid=spartanntp

Government newspaper trying to say free speech is only based on so-called truthful speech.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Blue pilled sociopath chump
    White flag accepted.

No case law.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the past you've given intricate explanations in the past on how interwoven govt. and tech are. You completely downplayed that in your analysis here.
    In what sense? Spying? I don't particularly think this would really matter in that aspect, it's a two way street and government needs these guys as much these guys love the contracts. Apple is actually pretty stingy on that subject.

I mentioned last night in the other thread that I'm not a fan of the decision, because it does open a slippery slope about free speech I'm not comfortable with. That's why I opined that then, and that shows I'm no indifferent to the subject.

But I also look at the legal side of this, and the redress won't come by government telling these companies who they can or can't ban, that would actually be much worse. If a wrong was committed, then a court will agree, and re-instate.

All this while being fully aware that the odds are not in Alex Jones' favor, because he agreed to those terms, but I would love to see him challenge this. I think it would be important to test those limits.

I also suggested last night that the legal side of this is very important, and that's where largely this should play out, IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think you want to give government control into who and what can be banned, tell me how would you feel when, inevitably, that power is transferred to an eventual Democratic president.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you think you want to give government control into who and what can be banned, tell me how would you feel when, inevitably, that power is transferred to an eventual Democratic president.
    It's not about giving govt. control. But when outlets that are getting higher ratings than mainstream outlets are censored over multiple platforms in one fell swoop, then that's not acceptable given the people's public investment in these platforms. This is absolutely what fascism looks like.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is absolutely what fascism looks like.
    No, this is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol dailybeast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“Mark Zuckerberg has always claimed that the Facebook was a platform for all ideas. Fine. In doing that, he says I’m not a publisher, I’m just a means of people putting out people’s messages,” Farage said.

“If you believe in free speech, if you believe in your First Amendment rights, people should be allowed to do this. I would say that by banning Jones and by shadow banning many others, Facebook and others are now effectively becoming a publisher,” he continued. “That means because they are taking editorial decisions, they should be open to being sued as other media organizations are.”

“If you are a platform for all ideas, you are not a publisher. That is the point and what Zuckerberg and what other tech giants are trying to do, is they’re now trying to have it both ways. On the one hand they claim, we are not publishers, we’re not open to libel because we let everybody give their opinion. But on the other, they now in a very sinister way, are starting to ban and shadow ban people,” Farage added.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol Farage

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Daily Cuck
    Liberals love their made-up polls.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Liberals love their made-up polls.
    lol you didn't read anything

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol you didn't read anything
    Sure I did. I read the made-up poll of 43 percent....

Quite a brazen number given that it's probably more like 2 percent....

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol nope you didn't read at all.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol nope you didn't read at all.
    I was laughing at their made-up poll in their own tweet. So, who cares about your lame talking point, sociopath chump.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I was laughing at their made-up poll in their own tweet. So, who cares about your lame talking point, sociopath chump.
    Oh, the tweet was all you read.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Quite a brazen number given that it's probably more like 2 percent....

"My anecdotal estimate which I've determined based on my limited social interaction is more credible than market research."

Thread Information