Page 322 of 361 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,050 of 9004
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does but... The fact remains, the propaganda pushed was disgusting as Sickle&Hammer-Man spouted some bs lines propping up communism. It was disgusting to say the least. Lol At TwoHeadedEagle-Woman too.
    Didn't watch it, but based on that story linked above, it's supposed to be some alternate reality... a "what if Superman landed in Russia instead of the US"...

Art doesn't have to be politically correct, tbh...

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why because of "ADL"? I haven't cussed here in a while but the ADL!
    21 hours

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't watch it, but based on that story linked above, it's supposed to be some alternate reality... a "what if Superman landed in Russia instead of the US"...

Art doesn't have to be politically correct, tbh...
    It's definitely a push for communism and the dude who came up with it embodies those here in the states pushing that ideology.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's definitely a push for communism and the dude who came up with it embodies those here in the states pushing that ideology.
    I think you're getting worked up over a cartoon... I mean, there's plenty of Nazi movies. Doesn't mean they support Nazism...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It was ridiculous... My client the other day put it on tv while I was working and I couldn't believe the bs coming out of that tv. Smh
    It's called alternate universe fiction. I haven't seen it, but I've read it, and if you think the message is pro-communist, you're every bit as stupid as we know you are.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I guess you think The Man in the High Castle is pro-Nazi?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Anyway thanks for the tip, I didn't even know they did a Red Son movie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're getting worked up over a cartoon... I mean, there's plenty of Nazi movies. Doesn't mean they support Nazism...
    Well when it's directed towards kids who don't know any better it sure is cause for concern. As for Nazi movies well the only ones I've ever seen were the ones that were against the Nazi's and didn't instead glorify the Nazi's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess you think The Man in the High Castle is pro-Nazi?
    Idk considering Idgaf about comic book movies whatsoever be it cartoons or real life actors. They're all lame imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well when it's directed towards kids who don't know any better it sure is cause for concern. As for Nazi movies well the only ones I've ever seen were the ones that were against the Nazi's and didn't instead glorify the Nazi's.
    If you're letting your kids get life lessons from cartoons or fictional movies, then the problem probably isn't with the cartoon or movie, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're letting your kids get life lessons from cartoons or fictional movies, then the problem probably isn't with the cartoon or movie, tbh...
    Well duh but when most things they watch or listen to are nothing but propaganda anyhow the burden doesn't always fall on the parents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well duh but when most things they watch or listen to are nothing but propaganda anyhow the burden doesn't always fall on the parents.
    taking control of the TV remote sounds like sensible parenting...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    taking control of the TV remote sounds like sensible parenting...
    Yeah but even the parents today are simply in arrested development themselves unfortunately. Kids having kids...

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^^

Conspiracy idiot!

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad day for the fascist left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bad day for the fascist left.

more government regulation of businesses good now

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more government regulation of businesses good now
    The Cons ution is quite good. I know The First Amendment hurts your feelings so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Cons ution is quite good. I know The First Amendment hurts your feelings so.
    the first amendment says nothing about how a private business can operate

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the first amendment says nothing about how a private business can operate
    So, you're a strict construction guy now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, you're a strict construction guy now?
    im certainly not a "textualist" because the exact words people used 250 years ago often prove to be somewhat useless as the times change.

but the first amendment (and the bill of rights altogether) is a limitation on government action, not private enterprise.

the first amendment, fyi, reads as follows

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to pe ion the Government for a redress of grievances.
    it says that congress (ie the government) cannot pass a law abridging free speech. its nothing to do with private enterprise at all

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im certainly not a "textualist" because the exact words people used 250 years ago often prove to be somewhat useless as the times change.

but the first amendment (and the bill of rights altogether) is a limitation on government action, not private enterprise.

the first amendment, fyi, reads as follows

it says that congress (ie the government) cannot pass a law abridging free speech. its nothing to do with private enterprise at all
    Okay. Based on my frame of reference, I agree with that. But this is being regulated at the state level and not the federal level and is still Cons utional.

As to whether I agree or not with "more regulation", I'm inclined to support this because without it we're allowing de facto public utilities to manipulate the populous and disenfranchise people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Okay. Based on my frame of reference, I agree with that. But this is being regulated at the state level and not the federal level and is still Cons utional.

As to whether I agree or not with "more regulation", I'm inclined to support this because without it we're allowing de facto public utilities to manipulate the populous and disenfranchise people.
    im not saying it would be uncons utional for the government to regulate these businesses (even if done at the federal level, since this certainly qualifies as interstate commerce)

im saying that these businesses having and enforcing terms of service, banning users, etc, is not in any way a violation of the 1st amendment. the only way the 1st amendment is violated is when the government passes an uncons utional law that encroaches on free speech

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    im not saying it would be uncons utional for the government to regulate these businesses (even if done at the federal level, since this certainly qualifies as interstate commerce)

im saying that these businesses having and enforcing terms of service, banning users, etc, is not in any way a violation of the 1st amendment. the only way the 1st amendment is violated is when the government passes an uncons utional law that encroaches on free speech
    Which is (cons utionally) made up sh**.

Thread Information