Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep attacking Curry and the rim. They don’t have McGee as rim protector, Boggie is not playing until next year and will just be a cancer. I think LMA can dominate. DJ will alter Curry’s offense. On paper, I Spurs has chance and could surprise a lot of teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading long 2s for 3s is a great strategy, and one we can definitely exploit. I mean, the idea of scoring 24 points in a quarter on 12 long jumpers versus making only 8 from just a couple of feet further out is an incredibly viable strategy. I know we can hit better than 50% of our almost-3-point shots while holding our opponents to below 33% from three point range. It will work...no doubt. I think even less three point shooting on our roster should be the next move. Why'd we get Belli? He's just bound to mess that up!

I like the winning formula.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope you are right, but I doubt it. Those GS 3-ball chuckers are inspiring kids to emulate them. The overall ability to make the 3-ball has been improving over the years, and those guys have provided even more impetus for young players to develop that skill. I think the emphasis on the 3 has altered the game, and there ain't no going back without a rule change or two.
    Kids may improve on the 3 point shooting but I doubt you will ever see a set up like GS where they have 3 all time great shooters playing together. I look at the rest of the league outside of GS and I see the 3 ball formula as being flawed since teams don't have multiple high volume 3 point shooters that can hit 3's at the same type of efficiency as GSW's trio of Klay-Durant-Curry. Very few guys even great 3 point shooters have the ability to hit contested 3's like GSW's trio. I look at a guy like Danny Green who used to be a great 3 point shooter but even he struggled when it came to hitting contested 3's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tired of winning yet?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kids may improve on the 3 point shooting but I doubt you will ever see a set up like GS where they have 3 all time great shooters playing together. I look at the rest of the league outside of GS and I see the 3 ball formula as being flawed since teams don't have multiple high volume 3 point shooters that can hit 3's at the same type of efficiency as GSW's trio of Klay-Durant-Curry. Very few guys even great 3 point shooters have the ability to hit contested 3's like GSW's trio. I look at a guy like Danny Green who used to be a great 3 point shooter but even he struggled when it came to hitting contested 3's.
    In your current "snapshot" of NBA three point shooting, that's true. The game evolves, though, and sometimes quickly - especially in response to rules changes. I think the pool of elite three-point shooters will definitely increase in the coming years - in the absence of some rule changes (an anti-Harden rule, for example) that reduce the potential reward for even three-point attempts. Skill levels are constantly improving.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trading long 2s for 3s is a great strategy, and one we can definitely exploit. I mean, the idea of scoring 24 points in a quarter on 12 long jumpers versus making only 8 from just a couple of feet further out is an incredibly viable strategy. I know we can hit better than 50% of our almost-3-point shots while holding our opponents to below 33% from three point range. It will work...no doubt. I think even less three point shooting on our roster should be the next move. Why'd we get Belli? He's just bound to mess that up!

I like the winning formula.

Good counter-troll!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In your current "snapshot" of NBA three point shooting, that's true. The game evolves, though, and sometimes quickly - especially in response to rules changes. I think the pool of elite three-point shooters will definitely increase in the coming years - in the absence of some rule changes (an anti-Harden rule, for example) that reduce the potential reward for even three-point attempts. Skill levels are constantly improving.
    Sure you may have more great 3 point shooters come into the league. My bet is that a lot of them will be in the mold of Danny Green, Kyle Korver in the sense they will just be knock down shooters who can hit when they are open but rarely hit when their shots are contested. The reason why a guy like Danny Green can't be at Klay's level is because he doesn't have the ability to hit contested shots and moving shots consistently. I doubt we are going to see a league filled with Curry,Durant,Klay like shooters who can hit ridiculous moving 3 point shots with guys draped all over them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prepare to be disappointed, OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you. Prior to the Warriors winning their recent championships there was no team in NBA history that had won les by relying heavily on the 3 ball. It's like what you said that the only reason it works for the Warriors is that they have 3 GOAT shooters. I predict the heavy reliance on the 3 ball will go away in a few years once the Warriors are no longer winning les.
    Very true. Could be said of all “systems” including Phil Jackson’s Triangle and the Spurs beautiful game of 2014. You have to have the right personnel.

Also I think the Warriors are vulnerable to a bigger team that could outrebound them.

I'lll teach u to be happy StinkyWeezleteats's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I miss Fathead

Msg to GNSF; Be Bold Immortal Spur's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait is everyone bold now ??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very true. Could be said of all “systems” including Phil Jackson’s Triangle and the Spurs beautiful game of 2014. You have to have the right personnel.

Also I think the Warriors are vulnerable to a bigger team that could outrebound them.
    One of the reasons why I hate the Warriors is how the rest of the league has tried to copy them. I have never seen in the past where the league tries to emulate the style of play of the current champion. You never saw teams trying to run the triangle during the 90's when the bulls were winning or during the '00s with Kobe-Shaq Lakers. The prevailing mindset was the triangle only worked because of Jordan,Kobe,Shaq. You have a lot of teams that ignore the Warriors systems works because they have legendary great players. They are even lottery level teams that believe they can cheat their way into winning simply by jacking up a lot of 3's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It isn’t just about trading long 2’s for 3’s. The question is whether it’s better to take an open long 2 from your favorite spot, or a contested 3 pt. Guys like Aldridge and DeDozan can find a rhythm and take over a quarter just like a 3 pt shooter.

The other thing to remember is that a 2pt shooter who gets to the free throw line a lot is even more valuable than a 3pt shooter. Not only do you get the 3rd point at the FT line, you also put pressure on the opponent by getting players in foul trouble.

I like like to look at the statistic if Points per Shot. That gives a great gauge of efficiency. Anytime over 1 is good. So if you have 20 shot attempts and make 10 you score 20 pts and have a PPS of 1. Manu Ginobili always had really high numbers on this dtat.

Believe.
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    Not even close.

The NBA is not prepared for our new system. Everyone's playing space and three ball, so we're gonna hit em with 4 down fadeaway jumpshots by LMA. Derozan loves and is adept at taking contested long twos and we have the master of the long twos in Rudy Gay.

The NBA wont know what hit em. When Demar starts to shoot the long twos, and rudy and LMA with their trademark contested fadaway we're gonna start dominating.

We're always ahead of the curve.

Take that NBA
    Hi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure you may have more great 3 point shooters come into the league. My bet is that a lot of them will be in the mold of Danny Green, Kyle Korver in the sense they will just be knock down shooters who can hit when they are open but rarely hit when their shots are contested. The reason why a guy like Danny Green can't be at Klay's level is because he doesn't have the ability to hit contested shots and moving shots consistently. I doubt we are going to see a league filled with Curry,Durant,Klay like shooters who can hit ridiculous moving 3 point shots with guys draped all over them.
    You are more inclined to gaze into the crystal ball than I. I hope you are right. It would have been difficult for me to imagine the game's evolving to the degree it has for a team constructed like the Warriors to compete or even exist. For a fan who watched the Tim Duncan Spurs, a team with the garbage inside game of the Dubs seemed inconceivable - nay, never even crossed my mind! A game of 3-ball chucking is as boring as a game of slam-dunking. For my taste, when the game tilts too far off balance my interest wanes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We should bring back Vinny too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are more inclined to gaze into the crystal ball than I. I hope you are right. It would have been difficult for me to imagine the game's evolving to the degree it has for a team constructed like the Warriors to compete or even exist. For a fan who watched the Tim Duncan Spurs, a team with the garbage inside game of the Dubs seemed inconceivable - nay, never even crossed my mind! A game of 3-ball chucking is as boring as a game of slam-dunking. For my taste, when the game tilts too far off balance my interest wanes.
    The Nash Suns for their era was a high paced 3 point shooting team. I believe if the Duncan Spurs teams didn't exist then they would have won a championship. Those teams always had the misfortune of running into the Spurs and then the Kobe-Gasol Lakers. Currently you don't have a Duncan/Shaq like big who would be the perfect foil for the Warriors. Embiid comes close but he's still a level below Duncan/Shaq. Warriors are thriving in a league where there is currently no dominate big. The league could go quickly back to being a big man's league in a few years if Embiid,Ayton,Bagley all become great bigs.

Spurs had the right idea with making LMA more of a post up back to the basket player. The Warrior have always had a hard time defending him in the post where they would not even have Draymond guard him for most of the game. It still bother's me we never got to see the Kawhi-LMA experiment play out against the Warriors. I still believe the Spurs would have won had that ugly mongoloid not taken out Kawhi.

I also believe Durant extended the window for the Warriors. If he doesn't sign with them I'm convinced they don't win any more les after how the Cavs exposed them in 2016.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not even close.

The NBA is not prepared for our new system. Everyone's playing space and three ball, so we're gonna hit em with 4 down fadeaway jumpshots by LMA. Derozan loves and is adept at taking contested long twos and we have the master of the long twos in Rudy Gay.

The NBA wont know what hit em. When Demar starts to shoot the long twos, and rudy and LMA with their trademark contested fadaway we're gonna start dominating.

We're always ahead of the curve.

Take that NBA
    Are you taking $$$ action on this?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs