My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Since much of this ties into recruiting, I'd thought it'd be a good idea to start up a thread in regards to local (and even Texas or regional) high school football. On that note, practices started today and I will be making it out to the Steele-Johnson scrimmage on the 24th and then the Steele-O'Connor game on the 31st so I can give updates on the standouts and local recruits. I should be looking at several key recruits in the upcoming season as well as some potential up and comers which are currently underclassmen.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    anyone see Djuan Elliott from Stevens was arrested for aggravated sexual assault of a child?

I did get at him and a local scout on twitter and I was blocked.

Anyway ill be at the Stevens scrimmage 7pm Thursday 8/30 to make sure he’s not in uniform.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    anyone see Djuan Elliott from Stevens was arrested for aggravated sexual assault of a child?

I did get at him and a local scout on twitter and I was blocked.

Anyway ill be at the Stevens scrimmage 7pm Thursday 8/30 to make sure he’s not in uniform.
    no, i didn't see that anywhere. that's terrible. i would seriously doubt that he will be on the team as long as charges as pending and i would even guess that his status at school is relatively shaky.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I'll be at the Johnson v. Steel game tonight.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    saw the scrimmage the other day and can say that the steele secondary looked solid. jaylon jones had some nice hits and breakups and almost came up with an INT. xavier player had a nice INT. brodrick howard (DE) may make a name for himself this season. wyatt begeal (QB) continues to remind me a little of sam ehlinger. he is very accurate and connected on a nice 70 yard TD where he hit his receiver right on stride. currently, he only has offers from UIW and Bowling Green but i expect that list to grow by the end of his sop re season.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    the o'connor steele game was a slop fest to tell the truth with careless penalties, turnovers and miscues by both teams but i will say that what stood out the most was the stellar offensive line play of o'connor's logan parr (jr) who is currently projected to tech and brannon brown (sr) who is a TCU commit. they dominated the line of scrimmage from the 2nd quarter onwards. on the steele end, i have to say that the play of jaylon jones (texas) was unimpressive. he was burned badly on two pass plays. one was a dropped pass and the other went for 40 yards and led to an o'connor touchdown. sop re QB wyatt begeal looked solid and had some nice chemistry with junior WR daniel jackson (including a 60 yard TD pass). RB de'quaivion thomas (jr) (small D1 school offers) looked sluggish in hitting the holes and was ultimately replaced by junior tylee tyson who looked better.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    saw the judson beat down of steele this past weekend. steele has no big time playmakers for their team this season and jaylon jones has been a disappointment so far this season. he has been burned for a deep ball each game this season and teams know they can throw on him. he is not a lock down corner at all and is not very physical. at the rate he is playing he may lose a star. to his defense, steele goes into a zone quite often and he tends to fare better in man coverage. demarvin leal is all that is advertised. he is a giant on the field and fast. he was a major disruptive force for the rockets all night long. mccormick is a very fast, although undersized, RB and will make a nice addition for UTSA. the judson QB is good but and may get some looks but i wasn't overwhelmed. begeal for steele had his worst game as a steele QB and sailed a lot of passes but he is just a sop re. i expect him to continue to progress and become a solid QB eventually and a playmaker at that. steele also has a WR that is a junior (Jackson) that could very well start getting some looks. he is big and fast and has had a very solid season. judson had him doubled for a good portion of the game on Friday. if steele can get another WR to step up at some point this year, Jackson could put up some big numbers. steele clearly misses sterns. from what i hear thought, they have a very solid sop re class and a beast of a freshman RB that waiting in the wings. they also have some pretty big frosh players. judson, as always, has some solid underclassmen waiting as well.

Thread Information