Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast
    Banned
    My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count
    There are plenty of corrupt senators already on the other side. This loser mentality is why the democrats are soon going to be in the super minority.

North Dakota is a lost cause so that's one less democratic seat right there and you'd be fine with another loss in NJ.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There are plenty of corrupt senators already on the other side. This loser mentality is why the democrats are soon going to be in the super minority.

North Dakota is a lost cause so that's one less democratic seat right there and you'd be fine with another loss in NJ.
    Eh, just don't like the guy. Sue me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I applaud Pavlov's take on Menendez - some people are just TOO sleazy (like that one in Alabama) - shouldn't matter what party they're from.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I applaud Pavlov's take on Menendez - some people are just TOO sleazy (like that one in Alabama) - shouldn't matter what party they're from.
    LOL you supported Moore and continue to support Trump. I dont think you have room to talk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So because the other side has corruption, your side needs to match their corruption so your side keeps pace and you're laughing at Pav for having some moral ground that goes beyond political affiliation? Whoa.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So because the other side has corruption, your side needs to match their corruption so your side keeps pace and you're laughing at Pav for having some moral ground that goes beyond political affiliation? Whoa.
    Not saying that at all. Replacing corruption with corruption is not a fix.

And replacing corruption with corruption+ being a trump shill is worse. If you're a democrat and you actually want people to lose seats to even more corrupt people than you, then what high moral ground do you really have?

I am saying I personally prefer Menendez keeping his seat and have him be a check on Trump than someone who would not.

If we're going by purity in politics, then we wouldn't have any politicians.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And replacing corruption with corruption+ being a trump shill is worse. If you're a democrat and you actually want people to lose seats to even more corrupt people than you, then what high moral ground do you really have?

I am saying I personally prefer Menendez keeping his seat and have him be a check on Trump than someone who would not.

It's okay if he's corrupt cuz Trump

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I look at it this way - if this were a Trump family member or a Republican whom Trump supported - there would already be a campaign to discredit this allegation. Trump would have already weighed in that it was "disgraceful" what is being done to "my guy"

Gotta agree with Reck on this one - IN THIS CURRENT CLIMATE.
    (I think Menendez was acquitted or there was a mistrial? One of the jurors who left said they would have acquitted on all charges)

It is now - win at all costs - or watch the other side rack up corrupt SC Justices, corrupt judges, corrupt election wins, conspire with enemy foreign gov'ts, etc

This is what electing a criminal does to a country. This is the result of having a cult leader in power and the damage done when his sycophants support his crimes, his dishonesty, his corruption.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good post. Thanks for the clarification. :thumbsup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a white nationalist whisperer may lose what should be a very safe GOP seat:

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a white nationalist whisperer may lose what should be a very safe GOP seat:

Well if the GOP is going to lose the house that would be a good one to get rid of.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Secretive vendors of the 3 companies that provide the voter machines - no oversight, no independent inspections of voting equipment - and when they do say they were audited, they refuse to provide results or proof of who audited them?

https://investigaterussia.org/media/...ion-insecurity

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Health care is the top issue in the 2018 midterms. It's also on the ballot itself in these states

Health care—including access to affordable care, coverage for those with pre-existing conditions, and the Republican Party's attempts to repeal Obamacare and limit the number of Americans who can obtain insurance—is

the No. 1 issue Democrats are running on in the 2018 midterms

Unsurprisingly, several states are also voting directly on ballot measures related to health care,

including several affecting abortion rights.

If these measures all pass, they could bring affordable health care to an estimated 400,000 Americans.

All of these measures are only statutory, though, so

vindictive Republican lawmakers and governors could theoretically undo them even if they pass

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1808782

iow, bad faith MISgovernance by the Repugs FOR the oligarchy and AGAINST citizens

renders citizens powerless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican candidates say they would protect sick Americans but fight coverage for poorest patients

Even as embattled Republican candidates across the country pledge to protect Americans with preexisting medical conditions, nearly all continue to resist extending health protections to their poorest cons uents.

Republicans running for governor in states that have not expanded Medicaid to low-income adults through the Affordable Care Act almost universally oppose any coverage expansion through the government safety net program.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-republicans-medicaid-20181101-story.html#nws=mcnewsletter

Slave states refuse to expand Medicaid behind "cost" when in fact they don't want to pay for those goddamn poor, taker, lazy, cheating, criminal knitters and Mexicans.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So looks like we will have Presidential election turnout. I imagine it's the same everywhere. Tuesday night should have plenty of surprises since most of the forecasting is based on midterm turnout models. Only question now is will the tears be salty or delicious.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So looks like we will have Presidential election turnout. I imagine it's the same everywhere. Tuesday night should have plenty of surprises since most of the forecasting is based on midterm turnout models. Only question now is will the tears be salty or delicious.
    I think Texas might be an anomaly because of how much money/resources have been dumped into the Beto/Cruz race.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Texas might be an anomaly because of how much money/resources have been dumped into the Beto/Cruz race.
    Yeah looks like you're right. Early voting is up in many states but none as pronounced as Texas.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fingers crossed that dems pick this up to upset the North Dakota rep pick up there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    high turnout may be lower than expected turnout because of red/slave states suppressing voters by closing 1000s of voting stations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Chris still obsessed with celebrities.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chris triggered by celebs.