You political whiners need accurate information:

Elway was asked Thursday if Kaepernick was "a viable option."

"You know what, and I said this a while ago: Colin had his chance to be here. We offered him a contract. He didn't take it," Elway said. "As I said in my deposition ... he's had his chance to be here. He passed it."

Elway gave a deposition in May for Kaepernick's lawyers in Kaepernick's collusion case against the NFL. Kaepernick attended the deposition.

Elway met with Kaepernick twice in 2016 as the Broncos and San Francisco 49ers tried to work out a trade that would have sent Kaepernick to Denver. At the time, the Broncos wanted to trim Kaepernick's guaranteed salary from $11.9 million to $7 million, whether that would involve the 49ers paying the difference or Kaepernick simply taking the pay cut.

After several rounds of discussion between the two teams, as well as a face-to-face meeting between Elway and Kaepernick at Elway's house, a deal was not completed.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...broncos-passed

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    NFL doesn't seem all that important to Colin. Since the SB defeat he has been in love with limelight. Or maybe he's always been that hot doger.

So I think he prefers his trinkling down time as a major spokesman. Congrats from a 49er fan. Congrats you are excelling in what you truly love

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Who would want to play behind that o-line?

umm an out of the league for 4 years semi minority who claims he's being blackballed?
    That might want 7 million a year?

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Damn near every backup qb in the league. Plus al lot more qbs that are getting cut right now. That's just for starters...i could keep going.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No team wants a distraction, and not surprised Kaepernick isn't aware of that. Ah.....no I'm not he comes off as being damn stupid.

True story.

Back when Kaepernick was a Niner and looking the part I was talking to a buddy on the phone who informed me he had a Topps Kaepernick rookie card to trade (had a few). So I drive the 100 or so miles (round trip)to Fresno for the trade.

Sheesh!

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he'd be an upgrade to most rosters... not many backup QB's i'd rather have. i mean there's nothing EJ Manuel does better than Kaep, and he's currently on a roster

if he was starting caliber, he'd have gotten signed somewhere, but nobody wanted to deal w/ distractions for a backup qb. its why some scrubs stick around as backups for a while (josh johnson, curtis painter) while bigger names totally flame out of the league, like manziel and tebow

Veteran
    Post Count
    It's got to be really nice to be so rich you can be a complete hypocrite.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    So, Kaepernick thinks he has a case cos other teams didn't want to pay the full $11.9 mil for a ty player and person?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    he'd be an upgrade to most rosters... not many backup QB's i'd rather have.
    How many teams are currently paying $12 mil or more to their back-up QB's?

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Post Count
    At this point, it's obvious that Kraep doesn't want to play anymore, he just wants to sit out and milk the outrage for as long as possible.

Thread Information