Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how telling the truth is living rent free. The fact is Impact Sports is owned by the Jewish billionaire Jeff Sutton and run by his son Joe Sutton. I'm not even angry at them for what they did. Ultimately my anger is directed towards Kawhi and his sleezebag Uncle for allowing all this to happen but the fact is they are just a bunch of puppets controlled by the Suttons. Pretty stupid response from you TBH.
    :o

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stop talking about Jews, guys. You're gonna trigger Pavlov.

Up and coming Superstar Spurs16212's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Pop had a big part in not 1... not 2... not 3... not 4... but 5 NBA les with the Silver and Black. I am going to say this and take it for what it is worth. From a coaches stand point... they have their systems and some try to stick to it all the way no grey areas... That I dont agree with. You have to coach to the strengths and weaknesses you have. Even when one player on the roster changes the dynamics of the team changes. LeBron, D-Wade, and Bosh thought they had numerous championships in the bag and they got two... luckily on one the Spurs gave on a silver platter or we would be talking six championships for the Spurs and them being undefeated in the NBA Finals.

The Spurs are capable in this upcoming season but they have to play with the fire, passion, and purpose. They lack a killer instinct. Hopefully we see a change with DeRozan playing with a chip on his shoulder. But coaches are there and paid milliones of dollars to do what they are hired to do and that is coach and Pop is one of the best in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Jones doesn't go hard enough. He's scared to expose the NASA deceiver who have convinced you noobs that you live on a spinning water ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alex Jones doesn't go hard enough. He's scared to expose the NASA deceiver who have convinced you noobs that you live on a spinning water ball.
    Preach brother

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where do I report for my branding ceremony?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/TdcNrRuT2CE

Watch this video. It is long, but it completely changed my mind about the whole situatiom here. Everything Stephen Jackson has said makes sense. Poppovich is TRULY an egomaniac. Give your thoughts here.
    Wow. Watching that video and forming that conclusion is the leap of an utter moron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went to high school with Alex Jones in Austin. Anderson High. Super nice guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That asshole' s uncle is the cult leader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went to high school with Alex Jones in Austin. Anderson High. Super nice guy.
    He actually does seem like a nice guy tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also find it sad that Kawhi's is still stuck in your mouth. Get over it Kawhi was never going to stay in SA regardless of what Pop did. His uncle and him are controlled by a bunch of Jews who want him in LA or NYC. Not much Pop could have done about that.
    It really isn't the first time though. It has been said by Manu and Tony that Pop and Timmy would have their "yearly divorce" where they wouldn't talk for weeks, but always managed to work it out. Who knows what were behind those "divorces"? Then we had LMA want out, of course. He may not have been a franchise player at the point he asked out, but he was still LMA.
    My comments wasn't just for Kawhi.
    Granted, I said if a coach couldn't deal with a greedy uncle I doubt he could have handled with egomaniac personalities like MJ or Kobe. Or if a coach couldn't deal with toxic situations in a locker room, I doubt he could have handled a situation like Kobe and Shaq together in their last two years.

But I've posted about my doubts about this issue, years before Kawhi's problem.

Since I've joined this forum, I have been saying the whole time that Pop was so lucky to have Tim Duncan as his franchise player. Otherwise, I doubt that Pop's ways would have coexisted with MJ Kobe LeBron or many other superstars in the league.

Phil also ran one offense, and punched out when his mentor, Tex Winter, who taught him that offense, retired. Another thing is that he was never able to maintain success, long term. Every team that he took over had already been to the conference finals. Every team that he left was a rotting corpse.
    I said I give credit to Phil for the way he handled his franchise players, not for his style of game. Anyway, every coach takes strategies from others. Just in case, Princeton offense didn't exactly start in the NBa.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-21-2018 at 07:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The video is just crazy. But I find sad that the first time that Pop had to face issues with a franchise player, he lost a top 5 talent.

That's why I give credit to Phil.
    He could coach players that Pop could never have dealt, for their high profile and personalities. I have no doubt that Pop would have had a hard time trying to handle MJ, Kobe & Shaq together...
    I find it sad that you think this is the first time Pop had an issue with a player. They just don't run to the media because they handle things internally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, this late trend of calling Kawhi Leonard a franchise player is counting chickens before they hatch. He's never led a franchise. How about we wait until he's done something before we call him a franchise player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it sad that you think this is the first time Pop had an issue with a player. They just don't run to the media because they handle things internally.
    But I find sad that the first time that Pop had to face issues with a franchise player, he lost a top 5 talent.
    I said with a franchise player, top 5 player. In last 25 years, only DRob, Tim, and Kawhi were at that level and MVP candidates.

If Pop would have had serious issues with DRob or Tim, media would have talked about it. Even if both sides would have tried to hide those problems, media would have heard some noise, those guys are desperate for these stories.

The Spurs can handle things internally with a role player that most media guys don't care but not with a top player in the league, media would find the way to report it.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-21-2018 at 08:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, this late trend of calling Kawhi Leonard a franchise player is counting chickens before they hatch. He's never led a franchise. How about we wait until he's done something before we call him a franchise player?

Like it or not, we call the best player of a team, a franchise player,

We call Curry and KD Warriors franchise players but they're not the vocal leaders on their team nor the true leaders in that locker room.

We called DeRozan and Lowry Raptors franchise players but they just lost in first round every year.

We will call DeRozan and LMA the Spurs franchise players but the vocal leaders will be Pop and Manu, there is no doubt Pop will be the franchise leader.

You can think he didn't do anything but Kawhi won a le and played great for the Spurs most games. I guess he did more than other NBA franchise players in their last 7 years in the league.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-21-2018 at 08:52 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi never ran to the media... The Spurs did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do u consider franchise players in today's NBA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the years where the spurs finish with top3 record but couldnt win the ring...if he got over himself and coached the fkn game, i think spurs should have 2 or more rings to the 5

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the years where the spurs finish with top3 record but couldnt win the ring...if he got over himself and coached the fkn game, i think spurs should have 2 or more rings to the 5
    I feel he cost the Spurs in '06 and '13 but I can't recall any other series where he screwed up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should have had 7 or 8 rings IMO. I can't complain about 5, that would be crazy, but I feel with a once in a lifetime player like TD, and then getting lucky enough to get Kawhi, we should/could have had 2.3 more on top of the 5. We left some on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://youtu.be/TdcNrRuT2CE

Watch this video. It is long, but it completely changed my mind about the whole situatiom here. Everything Stephen Jackson has said makes sense. Poppovich is TRULY an egomaniac. Give your thoughts here.
    The Great Ones have to be, its what separates them from the rest. Name us an all time great Coach or player that didnt have an ego.... Even my fav player TD & MANU had ego's...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do u consider franchise players in today's NBA?
    Not Kawhi Leonard

He played one year without Tim Duncan. Certainly he wasn't the franchise leader while Tim was playing and the one year he played without Tim he couldn't handle that role. He quit the subsequent year and then walks out in the middle of his contract basically. That's not a franchise leader. You must first have a franchise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should have had 7 or 8 rings IMO. I can't complain about 5, that would be crazy, but I feel with a once in a lifetime player like TD, and then getting lucky enough to get Kawhi, we should/could have had 2.3 more on top of the 5. We left some on the table.
    We left rings on the table in 2006 and a 2004. You could easily say we left a ring on the table in 2013 however I don't believe we would have won the ring in 2014 had we won in 2013. The team doesn't stay hungry. Playing that type of basketball you have to be very lucky at the right time to get that type of chemistry and movement and AC failure. On paper we weren't the best team but on the floor we were. You'll probably never see a team like that win back-to-back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We left rings on the table in 2006 and a 2004. You could easily say we left a ring on the table in 2013 however I don't believe we would have won the ring in 2014 had we won in 2013. The team doesn't stay hungry. Playing that type of basketball you have to be very lucky at the right time to get that type of chemistry and movement and AC failure. On paper we weren't the best team but on the floor we were. You'll probably never see a team like that win back-to-back.
    How did Pop screw up in '04? What could he have done differently to win that series?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take the 2014 run over the possibility of 2013 any day. That year was such a beautiful thing to watch.

Thread Information