Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Went to high school with Alex Jones in Austin. Anderson High. Super nice guy.
    I used to make sandwiches for him when I worked at Texas French Bread on South Lamar, way back in the day.
    He was cool as with me, although I might disagree with how he conducts business.

Him and Stevie Ray Vaughn's brother... we became decent friends for a minute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take the 2014 run over the possibility of 2013 any day. That year was such a beautiful thing to watch.
    Fairy tale ending and my beautiful momma (who was a Spurs fan and passed just a few months prior) got her wish.
    I cried like a baby while smiling from ear to ear at the same time when they did it.

And how they did it! That was true vengeance...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi never ran to the media... The Spurs did
    Right? Neither did his "crew" either, yes? He was just an innocent babe in the woods being surrounded by angelic protectors who did everything righteously.

I can dig it... on LSD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel he cost the Spurs in '06 and '13 but I can't recall any other series where he screwed up.

What's about 2011 playoffs. I still can't believe he refused to give Splitter more minutes when the Spurs needed him so much while Marc and ZBo were destroyed them.
    To be fair, my isssues with Pop and his playoffs decisions started in 2011 after that first round elimination.

Then 2013 happened. But also, his problems to find an answer for Clips double-high screen in 2015, his reluctance to match Kawhi/LMA minutes with KD/Russ minutes in 2016 -esp LMA's when Bobo and David West were getting killed by OKC bigs-...

On those days, most media said Pop was outplayed by Doc Rivers and Donovan strategies. I disagree. I guess it was just Pop's reluctance to change his game-plan and rotations.
    I really think Pop's whims and his lack of ability to adjust in 48' game cost the Spurs at least four eliminations since 2011
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-21-2018 at 08:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How did Pop screw up in '04? What could he have done differently to win that series?
    Robert Horry will tell you.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/07/rob...-story-podcast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who do u consider franchise players in today's NBA?
    It's funny. He will repeat "not Kawhi" but can't name more than one or two players in today NBA.

Like I've said, if Lowry and Derozan were Raptors' franchise players, if Wall is Wizards' franchise player, if AD is Pels' franchise player, there wasn't any issue on calling Kawhi Spurs' franchise player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny. He will repeat "not Kawhi" but can't name more than one or two players in today NBA.

Like I've said, if Lowry and Derozan were Raptors' franchise players, if Wall is Wizards' franchise player, if AD is Pels' franchise player, there wasn't any issue on calling Kawhi Spurs' franchise player.
    And yet he won't end up as any franchise player. Bounce from Toronto, Be 2nd or 3rd fiddle in LA, and eventually die off b/c of his bum legs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet he won't end up as any franchise player. Bounce from Toronto, Be 2nd or 3rd fiddle in LA
    3rd fiddle? I doubt it.

He could be Raptors franchise player for many years, I doubt Toronto would say otherwise but you can't force a player to stay if he doesn't want...Who knows what will be his decision next offseason.

However, there is any issue being the 2nd best player on the team of the best player in the world.
    Wade was Miami Heat franchise player until LeBron joined the team...If Lebron woud have signed with Lakers in 2010, he would have been the franchise player, not Kobe.

and eventually die off b/c of his bum legs.
    Like many other players with quads issues in NBA history. I would say this end is not his fault, he can't change his knee.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 08-21-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What's about 2011 playoffs. I still can't believe he refused to give Splitter more minutes when the Spurs needed him so much while Marc and ZBo were destroyed them.
    To be fair, my isssues with Pop and his playoffs decisions started in 2011 after that first round elimination.

Then 2013 happened. But also, his problems to find an answer for Clips double-high screen in 2015, his reluctance to match Kawhi/LMA minutes with KD/Russ minutes in 2016 -esp LMA's when Bobo and David West were getting killed by OKC bigs-...

On those days, most media said Pop was outplayed by Doc Rivers and Donovan strategies. I disagree. I guess it was just Pop's reluctance to change his game-plan and rotations.
    I really think Pop's whims and his lack of ability to adjust in 48' game cost the Spurs at least four eliminations since 2011
    I agree that him not playing Splitter was big mistake but I still don't know if the Spurs would have won that series. Manu was playing with a broken arm so they were already screwed in that regard. I don't blame Pop for the 2016 series against OKC. Duncan's knee being ed up put them in a bad spot since OKC could then kill the Spurs on the board and there was no answer for the Adams/Kanter combo. OKC was just a bad match up and both LMA/Kawhi disappeared during that series. Can't blame Pop for their choke jobs.

I do believe in 2015 he cost the Spurs the series against the Clippers when he kept on going to the hack-a-Jordan in game 6. The Spurs were up and playing great and it killed the momentum along with putting Duncan in foul trouble.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry is claiming that if Pop left Kobe open to take the shot that Kobe would not have made it. Honestly we don't know since Kobe could have hit that shot by being wide open. That's some stupid logic by Horry. Anyways the NBA ed the Spurs on that .4 shot since they started the clock early.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Horry is claiming that if Pop left Kobe open to take the shot that Kobe would not have made it. Honestly we don't know since Kobe could have hit that shot by being wide open. That's some stupid logic by Horry. Anyways the NBA ed the Spurs on that .4 shot since they started the clock early.
    Again, I take the word of someone playing for the Spurs at that time over armchair analysts. No offense (a bit like the Spurs last season).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I take the word of someone playing for the Spurs at that time over armchair analysts. No offense (a bit like the Spurs last season).
    Your free to take the word of a guy who also believes Hakeem was 20 times better than Duncan. But hey going by your logic we would have to take him seriously since he actually played with both Duncan and Hakeem. I just don't believe in your faulty logic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your free to take the word of a guy who also believes Hakeem was 20 times better than Duncan. But hey going by your logic we would have to take him seriously since he actually played with both Duncan and Hakeem. I just don't believe in your faulty logic.
    You don't need to get offended just because I take the word of a guy who played in that series on the Spurs over a guy who only posts about it online. Maybe appeal to authority, but we are talking about opinions here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't need to get offended just because I take the word of a guy who played in that series on the Spurs over a guy who only posts about it online. Maybe appeal to authority, but we are talking about opinions here.
    Sure whatever. Going by your logic you can dismiss everybody's opinion on here simply because they didn't play. I'm just showing how faulty your logic is. What Horry said was profoundly stupid but then again a lot of these players are profoundly stupid hence why they tend to make terrible analysts, GM's, coaches, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure whatever. Going by your logic you can dismiss everybody's opinion on here simply because they didn't play. I'm just showing how faulty your logic is. What Horry said was profoundly stupid but then again a lot of these players are profoundly stupid hence why they tend to make terrible analysts, GM's, coaches, etc.
    Also, it can't be left out how bitter Horry was about his dismissal from the team. Kobe could have easily hit a game winner and the team still loses. The series, and game, didn't come down to just that huge make by Fisher but also Turkoglu bricking shots, Tony going cold after game 2 and other issues.

Just like Manu's foul in '06 against Dallas in game 7 wasn't the ONLY mistake. Other things lead up to and contribute to game changing/heartbreaking losses...

I guess Larry Brown is an idiot head coach because he didn't have Rasheed remain attached to Horry in '07. Horry is such a better head coach than Pop or GM than R.C. Buford that's why he's led (insert team name here] to six NBA les and 7 Finals appearances.....
    Last edited by J_Paco; 08-22-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, it can't be left out how bitter Horry was about his dismissal from the team. Kobe could have easily hit a game winner and the team still loses. The series, and game, didn't come down to just that huge make by Fisher but also Turkoglu bricking shots, Tony going cold after game 2 and other issues.

Just like Manu's foul in '06 against Dallas in game 7 wasn't the ONLY mistake. Other things lead up to and contribute to game changing/heartbreaking losses...

I guess Larry Brown is an idiot head coach because he didn't have Rasheed remain attached to Horry in '07. Horry is such a better head coach than Pop or GM than R.C. Buford that's why he's led (insert team name here] to six NBA les and 7 Finals appearances.....
    Yup I was trying to point out to DMC that Kobe could have still hit the game winning shot if he was left open. A great player like Kobe is more then capable of jacking up a shot and winning a game. Horry's reasoning for this is that Kobe would have had to take a shot that was far away from the basket that he would have missed. That to me is a bunch of bs since I have seen Baron Davis hit a ridiculous game winner with .7 on the clock behind the 3 point line. No doubt Kobe could have done the same thing considering the league started the shot clock late on the Fisher shot and would have done the same for Kobe. Horry just sounds straight up re ed in his scenario since it's not guaranteed the Spurs win either.

On a side note the Spurs tend to have the most bitter former players that have won championships with them in Jax and Horry. I have never seen two players go out of their way to diss a team that they have won les with. I don't know who is more pathetic Jax or Horry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup I was trying to point out to DMC that Kobe could have still hit the game winning shot if he was left open. A great player like Kobe is more then capable of jacking up a shot and winning a game. Horry's reasoning for this is that Kobe would have had to take a shot that was far away from the basket that he would have missed. That to me is a bunch of bs since I have seen Baron Davis hit a ridiculous game winner with .7 on the clock behind the 3 point line. No doubt Kobe could have done the same thing considering the league started the shot clock late on the Fisher shot and would have done the same for Kobe. Horry just sounds straight up re ed in his scenario since it's not guaranteed the Spurs win either.

On a side note the Spurs tend to have the most bitter former players that have won championships with them in Jax and Horry. I have never seen two players go out of their way to diss a team that they have won les with. I don't know who is more pathetic Jax or Horry.
    Both. LOL

Champions, millionaires and still salty as ....

Makes no sense, TBH.

I guess we should expect this type of from Danny Green or (he who shall not be named) in 10 or 15 years?!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both. LOL

Champions, millionaires and still salty as ....

Makes no sense, TBH.

I guess we should expect this type of from Danny Green or (he who shall not be named) in 10 or 15 years?!
    I wonder if Jax and Horry are just straight up attention s and will do anything to get it. I'm sure both of them know the media hates the Spurs so what better way to get attention by trashing the Spurs. Granted I do believe both are also salty and delusional but you don't see this from former players of other championship squads. Just seems like desperation for attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Jax and Horry are just straight up attention s and will do anything to get it. I'm sure both of them know the media hates the Spurs so what better way to get attention by trashing the Spurs. Granted I do believe both are also salty and delusional but you don't see this from former players of other championship squads. Just seems like desperation for attention.
    Yeah, Malik Rose and Antonio Daniels were both unceremoniously dropped but neither holds a grudge against the organization. Weird that two players with far more success and accolades find time to bad mouth, discredit and tarnish an organization that greatly helped in their personal success....

(We) Humans are weird creatures, man.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In any proper frenchies Pop would have been thrown out of the team a while for this and we would still kept kawhi, unbelievable that this overrated coach is above all, he costs us so much over the years and now costs us the monster kawhi, unforgivable!

Billy Bob
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In any proper frenchies Pop would have been thrown out of the team a while for this and we would still kept kawhi, unbelievable that this overrated coach is above all, he costs us so much over the years and now costs us the monster kawhi, unforgivable!

At this rate i wouldn't be surprised if pop is some 33rd mason, wican wizard or some .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also recall Kawhi's camp saying Kawhi still greatly respected and admired Pop, and obviously his camp wouldn't have been doing everything they could to keep him hidden away from Pop if they didn't think his words could sway Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where did this got go?

Thread Information