San Antonio Spurs
    Crying about others
    Crying about me yet again.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    No I'm not. I don't care about you. Stop your whining about others and just stick to the topic, pussy.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    No I'm not. I don't care about you. Stop your whining about others and just stick to the topic, pussy.
    Yes you are, and if you don't care SOOOOO MUCH about me then do as I ask and totally ignore me, why can't you do that? I just spent seven months totally ignoring you because in my opinion you're a boring asshole. But you can't ignore me.....EVER....why?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    More "me".

Stay on topic, pussy.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    More "me".

Stay on topic, pussy.
    Dude, have you said anything at all about Jack Reacher? You are here to once again/as usual talk about....me.

Watch

Blake, talk to us about Jack Reacher, ok? You can't so why are you here?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's this guy's problem?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's this guy's problem?
    I have this trip about authenticity. Only southern blacks can sing them old Mississippi Delta blues. Only kickers can sing country. If the movie is Davey Crockett at the Alamo then I need a white guy in a coon skin cap, don't give me Kevin Hart in a cowboy hat.

After reading 20ish Jack Reacher novels you are sold on here is a big monstrous badass. Then here comes the movie...and ittie bittie Tom Cruise is trying to sell big monstrous badass......huh????

People get out of Reachers way, he's been called Big Foot, The Hulk, this is not Tom Cruise.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-20-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Mods ruined spurstalk!!!! Walter Donovan's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    College
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Jack Reacher might possibly be one of the most unoriginal movies in recent memory... It is essentially another installment of the Mission Impossible series. Stop hyping up this movie for more than what it is.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jack Reacher might possibly be one of the most unoriginal movies in recent memory... It is essentially another installment of the Mission Impossible series. Stop hyping up this movie for more than what it is.

Second Son"

"Second Son" is a snapshot of the life of Reacher and his family circa 1974, while they are stationed on a military base in Okinawa. Upon arriving they immediately get into deep trouble that is compounded by some bad news. The action is interspersed with contemplative moments, such as when 13-year-old Jack's grandfather, a prosthetic-limb maker and World War I veteran in Paris, recounts that "… a great war leaves a country with three armies: an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves."

When did the Mission Impossible movies start?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    College
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Second Son"

"Second Son" is a snapshot of the life of Reacher and his family circa 1974, while they are stationed on a military base in Okinawa. Upon arriving they immediately get into deep trouble that is compounded by some bad news. The action is interspersed with contemplative moments, such as when 13-year-old Jack's grandfather, a prosthetic-limb maker and World War I veteran in Paris, recounts that "… a great war leaves a country with three armies: an army of cripples, an army of mourners, and an army of thieves."

When did the Mission Impossible movies start?
    Now look numbskull, nobody really cares when the Mission Impossible movie series started, or how long Jack Reacher has been around. Literally nobody cares. Okay? All I’m saying is that you obviously have some strange, abnormal obsession with Jack Reacher, seeing as you have made two threads with an identical le.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now look numbskull, nobody really cares when the Mission Impossible movie series started, or how long Jack Reacher has been around. Literally nobody cares. Okay? All I’m saying is that you obviously have some strange, abnormal obsession with Jack Reacher, seeing as you have made two threads with an identical le.
    Who brought up Mission Impossible, oh yeah your dumb ass. Pay attention rookie, the first Reacher thread was postedi n 2013, the second in 2018. There has been another Reacher movie, ok?

Dude, do something besides leeching off others, ya got that ? Now beat it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    College
    TCU Horned Frogs
    Who brought up Mission Impossible, oh yeah your dumb ass. Pay attention rookie, the first Reacher thread was postedi n 2013, the second in 2018. There has been another Reacher movie, ok?

Dude, do something besides leeching off others, ya got that ? Now beat it.
    Getting all worked up over a lackluster Tom Cruise movie

Dude, just look at yourself.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Getting all worked up over a lackluster Tom Cruise movie

Dude, just look at yourself.
    Dude, look at yourself, calling a stranger a numbskull over a movie, really? Then trying to compare a Lee Child novel about a wandering X-military cop to .....Mission Impossible......which is totally completely something different......huh?????

Dude, think before ya post, got it?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Getting back to why Cruise just doesn't work....

Page 167 The Midnight Line

He was stiffer in the joints than Reacher, but those joints started out much closer together, because he was smaller.

Size......is a constant in all the Reacher novels, we are constantly being reminded of his size. In this novel he is called...The Hulk...Big Foot. Who thinks The Hulk and Tom Cruise?

Jack Reacher is suppose to be an X miltary cop who just wanders around doing what he wants, a loner. A big 6-5 250 monstrosity just wandering around. How can a little normal looking guy play the part of Conan....well this is no different.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-23-2018 at 06:29 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    J.T.Edson is a famous writer of westerns. His main hero is Dusty Fog a 5-6 X Civil war hero who is also the fastest gun in Texas and he even knows karate. There must be 50 Dusty Fog novels. Which tells us he has a following. I own about half.

Now if Hollywood comes calling (surprised they haven't) you can't have a guy 6-2 playing Dusty Fog, that would be ridiculous.

Dusty Fog

Dusty (Dustine Edward Marsden Fog) is the principal protagonist in most of the Floating Outfit stories and Civil War stories. Short[6] but strongly built for his height, Dusty is exceptionally fast with his twin Colts and commonly considered the fastest gun in Texas, a skilled rifle shot though usually preferring a Winchester carbine as being more suited to his small stature, and unequalled in hand-to-hand combat either unarmed or with a sabre.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Mason is like me when it comes to blacks, he has the utmost respect for their athletic/musical ability. But.....not a fan of their inability to accept responsibility for the children they are responsible for. Which is why we see the problems we do on the streets.

There has been studies made about just why blacks are superior in some physical endeavors. They do possess a unique physique, this is a proven fact.
    Bend over I'll in show you why blacks are superior.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Translation...talk to me about that little fella’ Jack Reacher...

ok...got milk? Shoe’s on the other foot now.
    Ancient Chinese secret huh?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Actually all you are capable of doing is that right there, yep, just acting re ed.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jack Reacher 6-5 250
    Tom Cruise under 6 foot tall 200 pounds.

Where is the common sense?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Jack Reacher 6-5 250
    Tom Cruise under 6 foot tall 200 pounds.

Where is the common sense?
    Bend over, I'll in show ya a Reacher.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bend over, I'll in show ya a Reacher.
    translation

Hey Avante, how does Reacher have any money?

Good question half pint.

He gets a pension from the Army. But since he has no house payments or any payments of any kind being a wanderer he does just fine.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This is from the introduction from the very first Reacher novel...KILLING FLOOR. An intro to a reprint.

So he's an ex-military officer, he's American, he's alienated, he struggles to participate effectively in civilian society, and he has a plain name. And he's huge.
    He's six feet five inches tall and around two hundred and fifty pounds, all of it muscle.

In TRIPWIRE after he's been doing physical labor in the sun for a spell, he's described as looking "like a condom stuffed with walnuts". No one in their right mind would mess with him.

Then it goes on and on talking about just how big and bad this guy really is. Stuff like...."why did you give up football"...his reply.."I was too violent"

Tom Cruise???...hahahahaha~~~~ Tom Cruise wouldn't make a zit on Jack Reachers ass.

Stold this....

The le character of Lee Child's Jack Reacher novels is a monster. Jack Reacher has seen a yogurt, but he has never eaten one. His chest is so big and tough that he once stopped a bullet with his muscles. Reacher disdains former education but has an encyclopedic knowledge of train timetables and the history of, for instance, Boots the chemist. If in doubt – although he is never in doubt – Reacher says nothing. He travels the land with only a toothbrush and a passport, buying new clothes instead of washing his old ones. Reacher does not do laundry. He speaks French, but not in the same weak-willed way as lesser men. He knows the time without checking. Jack Reacher is a pure male fantasy, the do-good drifter with no ties, no responsibilities and an unerring sense of right and wrong. He is 6'6", 250lbs of solid muscle and blondness, and you do not want to pick a fight with him because he will mess you up.

That is not Tom Cruise.

Tom Cruise too short and clean-cut for tough guy giant in new film (Jack Reacher), say fans

By Philip Sherwell, New York

6:00AM GMT 02 Dec 2012

For devotees of Jack Reacher, the hulking anti-hero created by bestselling British writer Lee Child, his big screen debut this month played by a Hollywood superstar would seem to be a cause for celebration.

But many "Reacher creatures", as his ardent fans refer to themselves, are seething because they believe the actor cast to fill the tough guy's size 13 boots does not measure up to the part.

The fictional character is an unkempt giant of a man, 6ft 5in tall and tipping the scales at more than 15 stone (220lbs), with a 50in chest, ice-blue eyes and messy blond hair, who deploys his size to advantage in his frequent fights.

In the eponymous new film, however, the ex-US military policeman is portrayed by Tom Cruise, a clean-cut heart-throb who is 5ft 7in and is widely reported to have worn hidden shoe platforms for photographs alongside his former wives and leading ladies.

Aficionados of the series of 17 novels, which have sold 60 million copies worldwide, are venting their dismay in caustic comments about the actor's stature, immaculate locks and well-groomed looks ahead of the world premier of Jack Reacher in London next week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only those with no clue at all about what is really going on here wouldn't understand just how stupid it is to have a midget play Jack Reacher. But then again there are those here who think middle school kids can run Olympic times in the 200m.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-24-2018 at 02:51 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

That should have been Reacher in the movies, the actor Dave Bautista.

Or.......the actor Bill Goldberg (ex-Atlanta Falcon)

Last edited by Avante; 08-24-2018 at 03:26 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Casting a retired WWE wrestler and supporting actor to headline the very mediocre Reacher movies would not have improved them one bit. The only thing it would've done is guarantee and smaller box office take without Cruise' star power.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Casting a retired WWE wrestler and supporting actor to headline the very mediocre Reacher movies would not have improved them one bit. The only thing it would've done is guarantee and smaller box office take without Cruise' star power.
    BINGO~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that is why we saw the midget Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher as I mentioned, yep...$$$$$$$$$$$...as I said.

YES...$$$$$$$$$$$...is always the bottom line. Who even knows what a Jack Reacher is, while everyone knows Tom Cruise.

If you can't let a fictious literary character stay true to his iden y in a movie then why even bother with it?

Could Tom Criuse really pull this off?

Or this?

Tom Cruise vs Al Pacino

Last edited by Avante; 08-24-2018 at 04:08 AM.

Thread Information