Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    A little too short but.....

Now somebody will say...."he's over 300 pounds, he's too big"......now size matters?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The next Jack Reacher movie needs to have a black Reacher, yep, it's time. Bobby Lashley would be perfect in the role.

Never mind.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Cruise was great as Reacher.

Let it go, Avante.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Cruise was great as Reacher.

Let it go, Avante.
    Work with me here,

If you have never read the Jack Reacher novels then you aren't aware of just who Reacher is and what he's all about. All you know is you like Tom Cruise.

If you are a Jack Reacher aficinado and have read all the books then you know just how ridiculous it was to have a little guy to play the part.

In every Reacher novel the fact he is big, actually monstrous is made very clear. And you are constantly reminded that here is one big bad dude. You cannot have a little guy play the the role of Jack Reacher.

I seriously doubt anyone here as ever read a Jack Reacher novel. If not for the movies they would have no clue who he even was. In order to sell the moivie to the public they needed a known commoniity, enter..........Tom Cruise.

You have read all the Robert E. Howards CONAN novels, you know the story. Here is a massive barbaric monstrosity, ....he's choked a bull gorilla out, a lion would be.....ho hum. Tom Cruise as CONAN.......hahahaha~~~~

Lee Child saw an oppurtunity to make some $$$$$$$. So he took it.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    We all know the Superman story, the Batman story. We all know the story of Zorro. You can't just do whatever you want there to make a movie. You can't make Superman a black guy from Harlem, a pimp. You can't put Batman on a ranch in west Texas. You can't make Zorro a seaman off the coast of Jamaica. And you can't take a 6-5 250 pound monster in Jack Reacher and make a midget out of him, yep.....common sense.

Trust me I get this....just mess with Avante.....but don't act totally stupid doing it.

If Hollywood decided to do the movie......Tom Cruise?

Tom Cruise?

Tom Cruise?

Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Work with me here,

If you have never read the Jack Reacher novels then you aren't aware of just who Reacher is and what he's all about. All you know is you like Tom Cruise.

If you are a Jack Reacher aficinado and have read all the books then you know just how ridiculous it was to have a little guy to play the part.

In every Reacher novel the fact he is big, actually monstrous is made very clear. And you are constantly reminded that here is one big bad dude. You cannot have a little guy play the the role of Jack Reacher.

I seriously doubt anyone here as ever read a Jack Reacher novel. If not for the movies they would have no clue who he even was. In order to sell the moivie to the public they needed a known commoniity, enter..........Tom Cruise.

You have read all the Robert E. Howards CONAN novels, you know the story. Here is a massive barbaric monstrosity, ....he's choked a bull gorilla out, a lion would be.....ho hum. Tom Cruise as CONAN.......hahahaha~~~~

Lee Child saw an oppurtunity to make some $$$$$$$. So he took it.
    Tom Cruise was great as Reacher. You just lack imagination and have to be spoon fed your prejudices.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    ....you can't put Batman on a ranch in west Texas.
    Ya really really lack imagination, old fart. ~~~~sheesh

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tom Cruise was great as Reacher. You just lack imagination and have to be spoon fed your prejudices.
    What about....if you have never read a Reacher novel......don't you get? But if you know the character then some little 5-7 guy just doesn't work.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ya really really lack imagination, old fart. ~~~~sheesh

No Batmobile? No Gotham City? That's not Batman.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hijack because I can.

I'm watching a HS football game between Cedar Crove (Ga)vs Hewit-Trusselle (Ala) The nations top WR a kid named Jadon Haselwood (Cedar Crove) is really something special. Tall, fast, smooth, fluid, and explosive. Remember that name.

But it's the size of these offensive lines that grabs ya, imagine a "HS" line averaging 300 pounds. One of these kids is 340 pounds.(fat right now but that will be fixed)

I have no doubts the 2018 Alabama team could beat those Lombardi Packers teams. And, the very elite HS teams could beat those all white SWC/SEC teams from back in the day.

Later today the best team in the MEAC NCA&T*** will take on Jacksonville State the best team from the Ohio Valley Conference.

Right this second a speedy (4.4 as we were told) RB around the corner and gone......ah, not really...he gets ran down by Jadon Haselwood (yep plays both ways)

*** The Bears Tarik Cohen an alum
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Imagination isn't about taking an established myth, comic book hero, literary character and getting stupid with it. Imagination is coming up with something unique and different.

The Tolkien Lord of the Rings stories, Robert E. Howards The Hyborian Age, ERB's John Carter on Mars, Sax Rohmers Fu Manchu, that's imagination. Messing with somebody elses creation is simply stupid.

Kenneth Robeson's Doc Savage, that's imagination. Making him black, short, from Mars isn't imagination, it's stupidity.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Hijack because I can.

I'm watching a HS football game between Cedar Crove (Ga)vs Hewit-Trusselle (Ala) The nations top WR a kid named Jadon Haselwood (Cedar Crove) is really something special. Tall, fast, smooth, fluid, and explosive. Remember that name.

But it's the size of these offensive lines that grabs ya, imagine a "HS" line averaging 300 pounds. One of these kids is 340 pounds.(fat right now but that will be fixed)

I have no doubts the 2018 Alabama team could beat those Lombardi Packers teams. And, the very elite HS teams could beat those all white SWC/SEC teams from back in the day.

Later today the best team in the MEAC NCA&T*** will take on Jacksonville State the best team from the Ohio Valley Conference.

Right this second a speedy (4.4 as we were told) RB around the corner and gone......ah, not really...he gets ran down by Jadon Haselwood (yep plays both ways)

*** The Bears Tarik Cohen an alum
    no imagination dip Avante abandons his own topic.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    no imagination dip Avante abandons his own topic.
    Can't do anything but talk about other posters idiot Pavlov too stupid to get....my thread do what I want.

Dude, you leech off others, what do you ever do, well?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Can't do anything but talk about other posters idiot Pavlov too stupid to get....my thread do what I want.

Dude, you leech off others, what do you ever do, well?
    Tom Cruise was great as Jack Reacher.

You have no imagination.

Well?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tom Cruise was great as Jack Reacher.

You have no imagination.

Well?

Pavlov, what is wrong with you, don't act like you can't read. I asked you a question....what do you ever do but leech off everyone else? Well?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It really is funny.

No matter who it is, no matter what the topic is....

Pavlov...you..yakyak...you...yaketyyak...you....ya k....you
    You.....Pavlov, how about you?
    Pavlov............................................ .....

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Reader reactions to 'Jack Reacher': The fans are furious

December 21, 2012|By Carolyn Kellogg

Email

Tom Cruise plays the le character in "Jack Reacher." (Karen Ballard / Paramount…)

Author Lee Child created a killer character with Jack Reacher. A brutal ex-military officer with a thirst for justice, he's a force — a massive force. Six-foot-five, 220-250 lbs., with a 50-inch chest is specified on Child's website.

For months, fans of the books — 17 so far — have been anticipating the film "Jack Reacher," which opens this weekend, with comments such as: "hope it flops." They are not looking forward to seeing Tom Cruise, not known for his bulk, portray the hero of Child's novels.

The comments on an earlier Jacket Copy post reveal just how furious Reacher fans are. Here's a sample:

Mark Bray: "A movie like this should be made for loyal fans of the book series. To those who don't know who Jack Reacher is, this is just another action movie, who cares. To fans of Reacher/Child, this is a joke. This movie is a mistake for Cruise and Child, if you can call making tens of millions of dollars a mistake. But playing a role that he is comically unsuited for will only hurt Cruise's career, and a lot of Lee Child fans feel betrayed for letting this happen."

Jackie Hulbert: "My vote is a BIG BIG NO NO NO NO NO NO NO to seeing it — hitting Hollywood big whigs where it hurts. They've done it to us for years by putting the popular, oh so wrong, individual in a role thinking it will draw in more crowds. I think it's time we took a stand ... stand outside the cashier's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't talked with anyone who know the books that isn't....what a joke.

This right off Lee Childs website

• Jack Reacher
    • October 29
    • 6'5", 220-250 lbs., 50" chest********************************************* *
    • Dirty-blond
    • Ice Blue
    • 3XLT coat, 95 cm. pants' inseam
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2018 at 04:50 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Pavlov, what is wrong with you, don't act like you can't read. I asked you a question....what do you ever do but leech off everyone else? Well?
    I discuss many topics with people who aren't idiots without any imagination.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Reader reactions to 'Jack Reacher': The fans are furious

December 21, 2012|By Carolyn Kellogg

Email

Tom Cruise plays the le character in "Jack Reacher." (Karen Ballard / Paramount…)

Author Lee Child created a killer character with Jack Reacher. A brutal ex-military officer with a thirst for justice, he's a force — a massive force. Six-foot-five, 220-250 lbs., with a 50-inch chest is specified on Child's website.

For months, fans of the books — 17 so far — have been anticipating the film "Jack Reacher," which opens this weekend, with comments such as: "hope it flops." They are not looking forward to seeing Tom Cruise, not known for his bulk, portray the hero of Child's novels.

The comments on an earlier Jacket Copy post reveal just how furious Reacher fans are. Here's a sample:

Mark Bray: "A movie like this should be made for loyal fans of the book series. To those who don't know who Jack Reacher is, this is just another action movie, who cares. To fans of Reacher/Child, this is a joke. This movie is a mistake for Cruise and Child, if you can call making tens of millions of dollars a mistake. But playing a role that he is comically unsuited for will only hurt Cruise's career, and a lot of Lee Child fans feel betrayed for letting this happen."

Jackie Hulbert: "My vote is a BIG BIG NO NO NO NO NO NO NO to seeing it — hitting Hollywood big whigs where it hurts. They've done it to us for years by putting the popular, oh so wrong, individual in a role thinking it will draw in more crowds. I think it's time we took a stand ... stand outside the cashier's

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I haven't talked with anyone who know the books that isn't....what a joke.

This right off Lee Childs website

• Jack Reacher
    • October 29
    • 6'5", 220-250 lbs., 50" chest********************************************* *
    • Dirty-blond
    • Ice Blue
    • 3XLT coat, 95 cm. pants' inseam
    Of course you know a fictional man's inseam.

U ghey.

Tom Cruise runs faster than you ever did as well.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Those measurements don't add up. Dwayne Johnson is six foot four and weighs 265 lb. He has a 50 inch chest. So if we meet in the middle on Reacher's weight he would be 235 lbs. So he's an inch taller and weighs 30 lbs less than Johnson and has the same size chest.

I guess Mr Reacher is Light Bulb Guy who has never seen leg day in his entire life. Maybe it is a good thing Tom Cruise played him. Someone who looked like that would be awfully awkward looking on screen.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I discuss many topics with people who aren't idiots without any imagination.
    I talk with people who understand how to carry on a conversation. Pavlov, why is it all you EVER do is try to pester everyone, well?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Of course you know a fictional man's inseam.

U ghey.

Tom Cruise runs faster than you ever did as well.
    Nope, I was a 10.4 (10.64 m) 100yards guy at 220 pounds. I would smoke every Hollywood actor. 4.6 40 on grass.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Bottom line

Most people have no idea what a Jack Reacher even is, and Child knew that. So in order to make the movie work,yep...TOM CRUISE.

And that is so obvious.

Then there are those well aware of the Jack Reacher saga, to those in the know you can;'t have a small Jack Reacher. The fact he is a monster ...IS....the story.

Only an total/complete idiot like Pavlov wouldn't get it. But what does he get, yep.....0.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    No Batmobile? No Gotham City? That's not Batman.
    It's absolutely Batman. It's absolutely Bruce Wayne.

You're a simple minded idiot. Thank goodness you're not in charge of editing comics or worse trying to write them.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Since some here get all worried about threads (while doing little/nothing themselves) I think I'll just post my thoughts right here in this "one" thread. Which will..."what now?"

Thread Information