Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    lol network tech

WTF. That guy is obviously slow and fat too.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hmmmmm?

Angry Jack Reacher fans were absolutely right: Hiring a Hobbit-sized Hollywood superstar to play giant Jack was a serious error. If someone made that mistake around Reacher, someone would pay in blood.

The superstar is Tom Cruise. Jack Reacher is the fictional character he plays in the new action thriller, Jack Reacher. The eponymous movie is adapted from One Shot, the ninth of 17 Reacher novels written by British author Lee Child. If the movie is a hit, it could kick-start a franchise.

For the uninitiated, Reacher is a former U.S. military crime investigator. Physically (at least in the novels) he is a hulking Adonis. Mentally, he is ace at his job, but also a rogue. So, despite a distinguished service record, he goes off-the-grid returning to civilian life, becoming a homeless Sherlock Holmes. But when a former serviceman is accused of mass murder in Pittsburgh — using a sniper rifle to shoot six bullets, hitting five human targets — Reacher is summoned to investigate.

The odd twist is that the accused asks for Reacher’s intervention. The odder twist is that the sniper and Reacher know one another from a previous nasty incident, this one involving murders in Iraq. Reacher comes to bury the accused, not save him. Then things gets complicated. Reacher starts turning up disturbing clues. Things are not what they seem.

Reacher finds himself, somewhat reluctantly, working for the accused man’s defence attorney (luminuous Rosamund Pike). She has issues with her daddy, the district attorney (Richard Jenkins). The investigating detective (David Oyelowo) is no friend of interloper Reacher. The movie has a shadowy uber-villain, too, played with unrestrained glee by German filmmaker Werner Herzog. He understands that Jack Reacher — the movie, not the man — is camp comedy. Ditto for Robert Duvall, who gets involved in a cameo.

Unfortunately, Cruise’s attempts at quick-quip comedy are awful. Even when he invades Pike’s physical space — sometimes suggesting sexual attraction — the punchlines are too weak to make it count. There are some laugh-out-loud moments scattered throughout. But that is because some of the performances are so deliberately wooden and the dialogue is so absurdly blunt.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Hmmmmm?

Angry Jack Reacher fans were absolutely right: Hiring a Hobbit-sized Hollywood superstar to play giant Jack was a serious error. If someone made that mistake around Reacher, someone would pay in blood.

The superstar is Tom Cruise. Jack Reacher is the fictional character he plays in the new action thriller, Jack Reacher. The eponymous movie is adapted from One Shot, the ninth of 17 Reacher novels written by British author Lee Child. If the movie is a hit, it could kick-start a franchise.

For the uninitiated, Reacher is a former U.S. military crime investigator. Physically (at least in the novels) he is a hulking Adonis. Mentally, he is ace at his job, but also a rogue. So, despite a distinguished service record, he goes off-the-grid returning to civilian life, becoming a homeless Sherlock Holmes. But when a former serviceman is accused of mass murder in Pittsburgh — using a sniper rifle to shoot six bullets, hitting five human targets — Reacher is summoned to investigate.

The odd twist is that the accused asks for Reacher’s intervention. The odder twist is that the sniper and Reacher know one another from a previous nasty incident, this one involving murders in Iraq. Reacher comes to bury the accused, not save him. Then things gets complicated. Reacher starts turning up disturbing clues. Things are not what they seem.

Reacher finds himself, somewhat reluctantly, working for the accused man’s defence attorney (luminuous Rosamund Pike). She has issues with her daddy, the district attorney (Richard Jenkins). The investigating detective (David Oyelowo) is no friend of interloper Reacher. The movie has a shadowy uber-villain, too, played with unrestrained glee by German filmmaker Werner Herzog. He understands that Jack Reacher — the movie, not the man — is camp comedy. Ditto for Robert Duvall, who gets involved in a cameo.

Unfortunately, Cruise’s attempts at quick-quip comedy are awful. Even when he invades Pike’s physical space — sometimes suggesting sexual attraction — the punchlines are too weak to make it count. There are some laugh-out-loud moments scattered throughout. But that is because some of the performances are so deliberately wooden and the dialogue is so absurdly blunt.

Avante loved it though.

Until the peer pressure got to him.

Such a mental weakling.....

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Speaking of Jack Reacher.

The movie delivered big time, bravo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jack Reacher is a Lee Child creation, he is 6-4 240 poubds of mean. Why they cast Tom Cruise in a role that all those who know who Jack Reacher is will.....huh? Is a...huh? But...he made it work.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Tom Cruise too short and clean-cut for tough guy giant in Jack Reacher, say fans

Worst. Casting. Ever.: Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Jack Reacher is a Lee Child creation, he is 6-4 240 poubds of mean. Why they cast Tom Cruise in a role that all those who know who Jack Reacher is will.....huh? Is a...huh? But...he made it work.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lee Child, author of 22 “Jack Reacher” novels. (David Empson/REX/Shutterstock/CP)

His books come out like clockwork. Every year on Sept. 1, Lee Child sits down to write another Jack Reacher novel, a ritual he’s observed for more than two decades. He starts writing without a plan, just a protagonist who treats his life as a blank page. A former military policeman with the U.S. Army, Jack Reacher is a homeless vigilante who roams America at random, without a suitcase or an itinerary, hopping buses and hitching rides, staying in cheap motels. His only luggage is a toothbrush. When his clothes get dirty, he trashes them and buys new ones. When he steps into a crowded room, it goes quiet. He’s always the smartest guy in the room, and the toughest—a six-foot-five hulk who maims or kills bad guys with clinical indifference. As he travels from town to town, he finds them by sheer happenstance, invariably stumbling upon a criminal conspiracy that requires him to indulge an appe e for vengeance.
    Strangely progressive and more sophisticated than he appears, Reacher is an ethical thug. He’s an unlikely superhero, a James Bond in jeans who mainlines black coffee in a diner, not martinis in Monte Carlo. He doesn’t have a licence to kill, or even a licence to drive. He’s a bohemian brute, a mongrel mix of Kerouac and Clint Eastwood, and a paragon of American freedom that only a Brit could dream up.

I highly recommend anyone into a great read give the Reacher novels a look. The first thing you'll get is........this is not Tom Cruise. I've almost read them all, in the process finishing the newest one.

James Lee Burkes Dave Robicheaux stories right there with Reacher, big difference is it's his buddy Clete Purcell who does all the ass kicking, he's crazy and far more dangerous than ay bad guy. There have been two movies done already.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-26-2018 at 03:45 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Biography

Once an officer for the New Orleans Police Department, Robicheaux constantly breaches the ethical code over the course of just about every case he works on and currently pursues cases in New Iberia, Louisiana as sheriff's deputy. He is a recovering alcoholic[1] whose demons stem from his service as a U.S. Army infantry lieutenant in the Vietnam War[2] and his impoverished difficult childhood in rural Louisiana; his mother abandoned the family (and was later murdered) and his father died in an oil rig explosion.[3]

He still experiences periods of savage depression and nightmares, which are only exacerbated by the murder of his wife Annie Ballard, a social worker.[3] He married a mobster's widow Bootsie, a lupus sufferer, and adopted the El Salvadorean orphan Alafair (the namesake of Burke's own daughter), after he saves her from the wreckage of an airplane. After Bootsie's death he weds a strong minded former Maryknoll nun by the name of Molly.

His best friend is the violent, alcoholic, ex-police officer, private investigator, and bail-bondsman Cletus Purcel.
    Robicheaux is described as 54 years old in the introduction to the Recorded Books CD edition of Black Cherry Blues (the third book in the series, published in 1989), but, in the third track of the audiobook, Robicheaux describes himself as 49 years old. In the fourth audio track, Robicheaux introduces Dixie Lee Pugh, "my freshman roommate at Southwest Louisiana Ins ute in 1956," which would put his birth year circa 1938 if he enrolled when he was around 18.

Both Child and Burke know them blues, which is cool.

Killing Floor

Jack Reacher gets off a Greyhound bus in the fictional town of Margrave, Georgia, because he remembers his brother mentioning that a blues musician named Blind Blake died there. Much to his surprise, shortly after his arrival, he is arrested in a local diner for murder. He must try to prove his innocence. - Though the first published novel, it is the fourth one in terms of the in-story chronology.[2]

<sup><a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Reacher_%28book_series%29#cite_note-SeriesInOrder-2" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
    Last edited by Avante; 08-26-2018 at 03:56 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    In one of the Robiceaux movies, he (Alec Baldwin) is in a bar when the waitress puts some quarters in the jukebox.

This comes on.....

Robiceaux....he's not singing about no car
    Waitress...I know

Check out those fingers.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Just saw a 6-3 315 pound defensive lineman (lined up at WR ) catch a 51 yard TD pass in that classic over the shoulder style.

HS football, gotta love it.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Roman Reigns

They want a movie that will actually do well in theaters, not go straight to streaming. No one outside of WWE fans has a ing clue who he is. , I only know because someone at work said I sort of look like him and I had to ask who he was.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Roman Reigns

They want a movie that will actually do well in theaters, not go straight to streaming. No one outside of WWE fans has a ing clue who he is. , I only know because someone at work said I sort of look like him and I had to ask who he was.
    He wasn’t even convincing as the dad of his own daughter in that fatherhood psa.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Roman Reigns

Edge, John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Randy Orton, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kane, Batista, The Miz, Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, have all starred in the movies, WHY....yep, WWE stars make $$$$$$. ...THE ROCK.

WWE rasslin' has a huge following, it's seen by millions every week.

Reigns would be perfect and it would work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Edge, John Cena, Hulk Hogan, Randy Orton, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Kane, Batista, The Miz, Dean Ambrose, Goldberg, have all starred in the movies, WHY....yep, WWE stars make $$$$$$. ...THE ROCK.

Maybe the Rock would work if they turned it into an action comedy.
    Paul Rudd could play his love interest.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Maybe the Rock would work if they turned it into an action comedy.
    Paul Rudd could play his love interest.
    How about....ok ok ok, I was wrong about Cruise. Now that Child has admitted he goofed and will use a more realistic Jack Reacher next time, all I can say is.....you were right.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

None of those dorks are as big a star as Tom Cruise.

None of them would be a in a feature film like Jack Reacher and make any money.

lol greasy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    How about....ok ok ok, I was wrong about Cruise. Now that Child has admitted he goofed and will use a more realistic Jack Reacher next time, all I can say is.....you were right.
    It’s big of you to finally admit that.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pro rasslers have been doing Hollywood for a long long time.

I bet Mike Mazurki has done over a 100 flicks, and all of you reading this have seen him.

Hard Boiled Haggerty
    Judo Gene LeBell
    Lenny Montana
    Pepper Martin
    Prof Taru Tanaka

All before Hulk Hogan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Pro rasslers have been doing Hollywood for a long long time.

I bet Mike Mazurki has done over a 100 flicks, and all of you reading this have seen him.

Hard Boiled Haggerty
    Judo Gene LeBell
    Lenny Montana
    Pepper Martin
    Prof Taru Tanaka

All before Hulk Hogan.
    lol people no one has ever heard of.

This is Tom Cruise we're talking about.

Tom Cruise.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of pro rasslin'

The real wrestlers at the NCAA level

Verne Gagne
    Cowboy Hutton
    Danny Hodge
    The Iron Sheik
    Kurt Angle
    Brock Lesnar
    Dolpf Ziggler

Pro footballers

the Brusier
    Fritz Von Erich...a Texan
    Brian Pillman
    Tom Pritchard
    JBL
    Lex Luger
    Goldberg
    Leo "Lion" Nomellini
    Bronko Nagurski
    Leon "Big Van Vadar" White
    Danny Spivey
    Don Manoukian
    Hacksaw Duggan

West Texas State footballers

Dusty Rhodes
    Brusier Brody
    Tully Blanchard
    o Santana
    Dory Funk Jr
    Blackjack Mullighan
    Manny "Ragin' Bull" Fernandez
    Ted Dibiase
    Stan "Lariat" Hansen
    Terry Funk

In a crowd with those guys Jack Reacher would fit right in, while Tom Cruise would stick out like a sore thumb...a Tom Thumb.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-26-2018 at 11:06 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    lol a list

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It’s big of you to finally admit that.
    So you were wrong SFS, yep, Lee Child admitted he made a mistake with Cruise and it won't happen again. Have you ever got anything right?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    So you were wrong SFS, yep, Lee Child admitted he made a mistake with Cruise and it won't happen again. Have you ever got anything right?
    lol you made that up

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    You put people behind a computer screen and they will act stupid just to bug, why? I never ever back anything if I'm not totally, completely prepared to defend my why behind my stance. I can back up the why behind the opinion. Too many here just run off at the mouth without a clue, sheesh~~~~~~~

Trolling but looking stupid in doing it....nay!
    Liar

Thread Information