Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    That is a really ty list. Are you Mike Olson?
    You have a better one, then let's see it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Megatron not in the top 10 WR? Shoddy work.

You can't be serious.

Receptions...not in the top 40
    Yards.....not in the top 25
    TD's....not in the top 40

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Jim Brown averaged 100 yards a game in his nine season career. He averaged over 5 yards a carry for a career. And that was done vs teams zeroing in to stop him.

There has never been a more dominant RB (actually a FB) in the history of pro football.

And, early on he actually returned kickoffs, a 6-2 230 pound kick returner in the late 50's.

What gets lost in his story is his RB Bobby Mitc , he was the fastest RB in the league. A BIG10sprint.hurdles champ. Yep, thunder & lightnin'.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Me and him made an agreement to stay out of each others threads. I didn't go far to look for the OG thread but here's where he breaks it
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...hlight=seattle

and post number 13 here he pretty much acknowledges we had an agreement
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...highlight=deal

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Me and him made an agreement to stay out of each others threads. I didn't go far to look for the OG thread but here's where he breaks it
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...hlight=seattle

and post number 13 here he pretty much acknowledges we had an agreement
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...highlight=deal
    I pay no attention at all to who posts the thread, why would I care? Why would anyone care? I look at the topic, if it interests me then I add my take.

You actually still remember silly stuff like that? Wow!

So what do we do now, well?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Here we go again
    I pay no attention at all to who posts the thread, why would I care? Why would anyone care? I look at the topic, if it interests me then I add my take.
    Staying out of each other's threads was your idea, if you were incapable why agree to it? (a question i expect you to ignore)
    You actually still remember silly stuff like that? Wow!
    No I had to search for it
    So what do we do now, well?
    We don't do anything, you continue being an asshole and what I do is none of your concern

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Top RBs duos. (or FB/RB)

In some cases it's more about just two great backs there togther

Can't do this in any order.

Red Grange & Bronco Nagurski Bears
    Jim Taylor & Paul Hornung Packers
    Joe"The Jet" Perry & Hugh "The King" McElhenny & John Henry Johnson Niners
    Jim Brown & Bobby Mitc Browns

All the above in the HOF

Larry Csonka & Mercury Morris Dolphins
    Rick Casares & Willie Galimore Bears
    Matcus Allen & Bo Jackson Raiders
    Matt Snell & Emerson Boozer Jets
    DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart Panthers
    Tony Dorsett & Herschel Walker Cowboys
    Bass & "Jaguar" Jon Arnett Rams
    Keith Lincoln & Paul Lowe Chargers

So who did I miss on purpose?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Here we go again

Staying out of each other's threads was your idea, if you were incapable why agree to it? (a question i expect you to ignore)

We don't do anything, you continue being an asshole and what I do is none of your concern
    It is funny.

Me...Bob Hayes would STILL be the fastest player in the NFL.
    Guys like you...Stop being an asshole.
    Me...huh?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Here we go again

I have to confess you take this stuff FAR FAR FAR more serious than I do, I'm just looking to have some harmless gun, Apparently that isn't the case with you.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    You can't be serious.

Receptions...not in the top 40
    Yards.....not in the top 25
    TD's....not in the top 40
    You think that would be the case if he played with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    You have a better one, then let's see it.
    Barry Sanders is easily goat RB. Thurman Thomas who isn't even on the list was better than Emmitt Smith at 4. Emmitt is the benefactor of best OL of all-time. Leaving Adrian Peterson off the list; come on, son.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You think that would be the case if he played with Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?
    Calvin Johnson was a freak. He was an amazing talent, and if he'd played with Manning/Brady he's in the HOF. But....how can we ignore the facts? Tons of guys who did more, so it is what it is. And....most of those ahead of him didn't play for Peyton/Brady either, what if they had of?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Calvin Johnson was a freak. He was an amazing talent, and if he'd played with Manning/Brady he's in the HOF. But....how can we ignore the facts? Tons of guys who did more, so it is what it is. And....most of those ahead of him didn't play for Peyton/Brady either, what if they had of?
    Megatron going first ballot into HOF, son. He cut his career short cos he had nothing more to prove on a mediocre team. Retiring with his health was more important than 4,000 more receiving yards to make a bean counter's lists.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Barry Sanders is easily goat RB. Thurman Thomas who isn't even on the list was better than Emmitt Smith at 4. Emmitt is the benefactor of best OL of all-time. Leaving Adrian Peterson off the list; come on, son.
    I have Sanders at two and can see a legit debate. He was amazing. I lean towards Brown because he took more of a toil on the defense, he beat them up.

Thomas had 12,074 yards and 88 TDs. Smith at 18, 355/175....175. No way Thomas is ahead of Smith.

Peterson is the 12th ranked RB, so who would he replace?

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Megatron going first ballot into HOF, son. He cut his career short cos he had nothing more to prove on a mediocre team. Retiring with his health was more important than 4,000 more receiving yards to make a bean counter's lists.
    How old are you son?

I don't think you get it. Johnson doesn't have HOF numbers. Like I said he is way down there on all the lists.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I have Sanders at two and can see a legit debate. He was amazing. I lean towards Brown because he took more of a toil on the defense, he beat them up.

Thomas had 12,074 yards and 88 TDs. Smith at 18, 355/175....175. No way Thomas is ahead of Smith.

Peterson is the 12th ranked RB, so who would he replace?
    I don't care about longevity too much. Anyone can stat pad. Sanders would've crushed all the ypc records with a real offensive line or on a real offense. He could've average 7 or 8 ypc if you switched him out with E Smith. Thurman was the heart of an offense that went to four straight Super Bowls and really should've won a couple of them.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I don't care about longevity too much. Anyone can stat pad. Sanders would've crushed all the ypc records with a real offensive line or on a real offense. He could've average 7 or 8 ypc if you switched him out with E Smith. Thurman was the heart of an offense that went to four straight Super Bowls and really should've won a couple of them.
    It's never been about....could've....would've...it's about what was actually done. Every RB plays better with a studs line.

Like I mentioned Thomas simply doesn't have the numbers to come close to Smith. What might have been means ....0. Emmitt is second all time with 175 TD's only Rice has more, this is HUGE.

Longevity is a real big deal in all sports. Talk to me about Joe Delaney, Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill, John Jefferson.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Based on numbers in 8 year span

Carter, Holt, Harrison, Fitzgerald were better
    Owens similiar and gets bump up because of Playoff performances
    Andre Johnson surprisingly not too far off Calvin's numbers
    Antonio Brown on pace to overtake Johnson too

Andre Rison and Sterling Sharpe forgotten

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Derrick Mason is no HOFer yet he has more recerptions/yards than Johnson.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Derrick Mason is no HOFer yet he has more recerptions/yards than Johnson.
    8 year span

Average: 85 catches, 1057 yards and 5.3 TDs

The catches could be HOF worthy but yards and TDs is too minimal

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=FrostKing;9513640]8 year span

Average: 85 catches, 1057 yards and 5.3 TDs

The catches could be HOF worthy but yards and TDs is too minimal[/QUOTE

There are just too many who accomplished more than Mason/Johnson who belong there first.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

Andre Rison and Sterling Sharpe forgotten
    Pretty much all of them played in better offenses, no?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    It's never been about....could've....would've...it's about what was actually done. Every RB plays better with a studs line.

Like I mentioned Thomas simply doesn't have the numbers to come close to Smith. What might have been means ....0. Emmitt is second all time with 175 TD's only Rice has more, this is HUGE.

Longevity is a real big deal in all sports. Talk to me about Joe Delaney, Mack "The Truck" Lee Hill, John Jefferson.
    Glorified bean counting, son. Prime vs. prime and considering all the factors is where the real debate is.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Glorified bean counting, son. Prime vs. prime and considering all the factors is where the real debate is.
    100% wrong son.

It's all about that bottom line, what was actually accomplished, the real numbers. Nobody cares about....but what if...imagine if....could have....would have. All that really matters is what was actually accomplished.

No player in the history of the game ever dominared his position like Don Hutson did. Nobody cares what he couldn't do today, that means nothing.

Thread Information