WR..Jerry Rice MVS
    WR..,Bob Hayes FAMU
    TE...Shannon Sharpe Savannah St

All but McNair in the HOF

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Imagine being so great it only took you six seasons to be a Hall of Famer.

Gale Sayers.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Barry best ever; and it's not close.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ng-1988-season

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You're showing your age, ah....lack of it.

No RB in history ever dominated their era like Jim Brown did. That is how these things are done...DOMINANCE OF ERA.

Barry Sanders was amazing, fantastic,sensational, but........he wasn't as dominate as Jim Brown.

And...

If you have ever played defense then you know what a big RB can do to you. Yep, they will wear you down which opens up everything else they want to do. That wasn't Barry Sanders, that was Jim Brown.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-24-2018 at 04:54 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    jim brown was great at running over 240 pound defensive linemen

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    You're showing your age, ah....lack of it.

No RB in history ever dominated their era like Jim Brown did. That is how these things are done...DOMINANCE OF ERA.

Barry Sanders was amazing, fantastic,sensational, but........he wasn't as dominate as Jim Brown.

And...

If you have ever played defense then you know what a big RB can do to you. Yep, they will wear you down which opens up everything else they want to do. That wasn't Barry Sanders, that was Jim Brown.
    The college teams Barry was rushing against were better than the weak pro teams Jim Brown played against.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    jim brown was great at running over 240 pound defensive linemen
    You know the game, you know how it works. How many of these 300 pounders would be 300 pounders in the 60's?

But....Bullet Bob Hayes would STILL be the fastest player in the NFL.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The college teams Barry was rushing against were better than the weak pro teams Jim Brown played against.
    You really have no clue how any of this actually works do ya?

Jesse Owens is an American sports icon, a legend. There are HS kids out there right now running far faster than Owens did in his era that nobody will ever hear about.

ERA....ERA....ERA....ERA...ERA....ok?

The below is from THE GREATEST WR EVER

2. Don Hutson

Green Bay Packers (1935-1945)
    Rice is often thought of as the top player in all of NFL history, but Don Hutson held that honor for the league's first 50 years. He, Sammy Baugh and Otto Graham were in the conversation for that prize then. Hutson's NFL record of 99 career receiving touchdowns was not surpassed until 40 years after he retired. When he hung 'em up in the mid-1940s, he had posted nearly twice as many receptions as the next closest player. The one criticism of Hutson is that he played when African-American players were not in the league. You can't blame someone for who they competed against. ... We don't knock Babe Ruth for this when talking about the best baseball players of all time.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-24-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Don Hutson ran the 100 in 9.8 (yards) I doubt Jordy Nelson (Kansas State 100 champ) ran faster. So he could play today but no way he puts up the numbers he did, obviously.

Jim Brown was 6-2 230 with 4.5 speed, that is right there with anyone playing today.

Last edited by Avante; 08-24-2018 at 06:37 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    You cannot talk THE GOAT and QB's without Joe Montana in that discussion. The fact there is noway in he could do what he did in his era today and everybody gets that, yep,....so what.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    QB: Brad Johnson
    RB: Warrick Dunn
    FB: William Floyd
    WR1: Fred Biletnikoff
    WR2: Randy Moss
    WR3: Laveranues Coles
    TE: Nick O'Leary

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    QB: Brad Johnson
    RB: Warrick Dunn
    FB: William Floyd
    WR1: Fred Biletnikoff
    WR2: Randy Moss
    WR3: Laveranues Coles
    TE: Nick O'Leary
    Huh???

How about the All Time Cal/NFL team?

QB,,,Aaron Rodgers
    RB...,Marshawn Lynch
    RB...,Chuck Muncie
    Wr...Wesley Walker......actually faster than Jackson***
    WR...Desuen Jackson
    TE...Tony Gonzalez

*** legally blind in one eye

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The All Time AFL

QB....Joe Namath Jets
    RB.....Cookie Gilchrist Bills
    RB.....Paul Lowe Chargers
    WR....Lance Allworth Chargers
    WR....Don Maynard Jets
    TE.....Dave Casper Raiders

Second team

Len Dawson Chiefs
    Abner Haynes Cihiefs
    Clem Daniels Raiders
    Otis Taylor Chiefs
    Charley Hennigan Oilers
    Fred Arbanas Chiefs
    Last edited by Avante; 08-25-2018 at 03:56 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Don Hutson ran the 100 in 9.8 (yards) I doubt Jordy Nelson (Kansas State 100 champ) ran faster. So he could play today but no way he puts up the numbers he did, obviously.

Jim Brown was 6-2 230 with 4.5 speed, that is right there with anyone playing today.

When you look at those runs, they all would've been stuffed at the line of scrimmage in today's game. Jim Brown was a product of his era; he's not an all-time great.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    When you look at those runs, they all would've been stuffed at the line of scrimmage in today's game. Jim Brown was a product of his era; he's not an all-time great.
    I have a challenge for ya. Find me something or anyone out there in cyper space that agrees with you. You cannot find anything anywhere talking RB 's where Jim Brown isn't number one. And if you find something where he isn't number one he will be number two.

Come on, prove that Jim Brown isn't the best RB ever.

I could totaly overwelm you with TONS and TONS of stuff showing you just how wrong you really are.

Just one of a TON

Belichick explained his decision on Monday.

“Well, I think honestly any person, football player or otherwise, can learn a lot from Jim Brown and what he represents and what he stands for,” Belichick said. “But particularly as it relates to our football team, Jim Brown's in my opinion the greatest player that ever played.

“I've had an opportunity to have known him Jim for over 20 years now. I met him when I was the coach at the Browns and just had so much more respect and appreciation for him knowing him well as a person and as a friend, even just as an observer from a distance, but I think he's meant so much to this game. He's paved the way for all of us; players and coaches. [He's] part of many people who have made professional football, the game of football, the great game that it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's see we have Bill Belichick who many consider the best coach ever calling Jim Brown not just the greatest RB ever but the best player. Then we have you....hmmm?

How about?

Jim Brown called 'best player that ever lived' by Marcus Allen during 80th birthday special

Jim Brown: The Undisputed Greatest

James Nathaniel Brown (born February 17, 1936) is a former professional American football player and actor. He was a running back for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL) from 1957 through 1965.******* Considered to be the greatest football player of all time*******,[1] Brown was a Pro Bowl invitee every season he was in the league, was recognized as the AP NFL Most Valuable Player three times, and won an NFL championship with the Browns in 1964. He led the league in rushing yards in eight out of his nine seasons, and by the time he retired, he had shattered most major rushing records. In 2002, he was named by The Sporting News******** as the greatest professional football player ever.[2]*************

Last edited by Avante; 08-27-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Spurtacular

You don't appear to understand how any of this stuff works. It's never ever going be about how athletes from other era would fare today, it simply doesn't work like that at all...ok? It's always going to be about dominance of era. Nobody ever was more dominate running the ball than Jim Brown was in his era. That is how everybody does this "Greatest of All Time" thing. That is the only way it can be done, IF IF IF...talking all time.

There is one exception to that however, that would be Bullet Bob Hayes. His 10.06 on Tokyo dirt some 55ish years ago is the fastest 100m ever ran by anyone who ever played pro football. Superior to Hollidays 10.00.

There is no end to this.

Jim Brown Was The Greatest Football AND Lacrosse Player Ever

Posted on August 16, 2017 by gritt
    You know Jim Brown as the man many consider to be the greatest football player in the history of the sport. But many aren’t aware he’s also considered that same le in the sport of lacrosse, having been a First-Team Lacrosse All-American at Syracuse before his NFL days. The Hall of Famer joined Newy to talk about a passion project do entary of his called “Spirit Game: Pride of a Nation.”

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Lol quidditch

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Go anywhere out there that talks about the great QB's, you will read about Otto Graham, Fran Tarkenton, John Unitas........why?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Avante's black supremacist world turned upside down

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    No not really.

The list of great black kick returners in a mile long. Go ahead give me five stud white return men.

Tell ya what. For ever white stud kick returner you can give me I'll give ya five black ones.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-28-2018 at 02:28 PM.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The All Time NFL 200m

lane

1.Jerome Mathis...Texans/Hampton
    2.Henry Carr...Giants/ASU...WR /Oly gpld
    3.Bob Hayes,,,Cowboys/FAMU WR
    4.Tyreek Hill...Chiefs/Okie St
    5.James Jett...Raiders/WV
    6.Michael Bates...Seahawks/Arizona...Olympian
    7.James Trapp...Raiders/Clemson
    8.Larry Burton...Saints/Purdue...Olympian

Will ignore Olympians Stone Johnson, Frank Budd, Ray Norton, Tommie Smith......they did..0.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

One of my prized possessions, A 250 pound fullback in the early 60's, the old AFL's first 1000 yard rusher.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion out of Blufton (what?) he was considered the fastest man in the old AFL. Yep, own it.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Another 250 fullback from the early 60's, love this card. Love that...grrrrrrrr.

I'm thinking he and Gilchrist ended up on the Dolphins together.

Thread Information