Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    USC has won 11 National Championships, Texas 4.

And if Bush doesn't pull that stupid lateral, 12 to 3.

Avante pac 12 no explanation needed ......... pac12 = weakest power 5 conference

I don't think you are really getting it. I look at things from an historical perspective, one season means little in the grand sceme of things.

And who is talking just football?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And if you knew anything at all you'd know Texas hasn't done anything in a long time to hint an improving three games in a season.

When it comes to the best player in the BIG12 by position, Texas has nobody.

Weak at QB, weak at RB, yes newbie WR Collin Johnson should make some impact.

Experienced? Not on that offense.

NFL talent?....loaded with it?

3.6 average rushing?

Looking at STREET & SMITH 2018 College Football Preview.....no Texas Longhorn on their first or second teams. They also rank Texas....23.

They talk about...Shane Buechele and Sam Ehlinger need to do better than 18/11.

I simply don't buy what you're trying to sell.

Why do you think Vegas has 8 wins, there is a reason for that.
    Lol, You really should stick to the basketball board, football isn't your thing. The fact you are getting your information from Street and Smith tells me all I need to know.

If you followed Texas last year you would know the reason for the issues with the offense wasn't the QB, RB, or WRs, it was injuries to the offensive line. Texas lost 6 guys from the 2 deep last year. Including their best player in Connor Williams. It's hard to run an offense when there is a bunch of young pups thrown in with the big dogs. Well the offensive line is healthy, and Texas picked up one of the best offensive linemen in the country in Calvin Anderson. This line as long as it's healthy will be opening up holes and giving the QBs time to throw. And they will be throwing to the best set of receivers TExas has ever put on the field. You like to boast about California athletics, well, Let me introduce you to Collin Johnson. He is a clone of Dez Bryant, you will see him soon enough.

Yes, Texas will improve over 3 games. Here is why.

In the 6 losses Texas faced last year USC, Oklahoma, TCU and OSU all had game changing QBs. This year all 4 are breaking in brand new guys, USC is starting a true Freshmen, and Oklahoma is starting a midget. I like Texas chances in all 4 games. I can guarantee that Texas's scoring average will go up over 10 pts per game.

The real strength of this Texas team is still the defense. Texas is crazy strong on the dline and linebackers. Texas is always deep and strong in the secondary, but the front 7 is absolutely loaded.

To be honest, this Texas team reminds me of the 2000 blOwU team. That team went 8-5 in 1999 and then undefeated in 2000. With a few lucky bounces I could Texas winning every game on it's schedule. I know every game on it's schedule is very winnable.

Lol, You really should stick to the basketball board, football isn't your thing. The fact you are getting your information from Street and Smith tells me all I need to know.

If you followed Texas last year you would know the reason for the issues with the offense wasn't the QB, RB, or WRs, it was injuries to the offensive line. Texas lost 6 guys from the 2 deep last year. Including their best player in Connor Williams. It's hard to run an offense when there is a bunch of young pups thrown in with the big dogs. Well the offensive line is healthy, and Texas picked up one of the best offensive linemen in the country in Calvin Anderson. This line as long as it's healthy will be opening up holes and giving the QBs time to throw. And they will be throwing to the best set of receivers TExas has ever put on the field. You like to boast about California athletics, well, Let me introduce you to Collin Johnson. He is a clone of Dez Bryant, you will see him soon enough.

Yes, Texas will improve over 3 games. Here is why.

In the 6 losses Texas faced last year USC, Oklahoma, TCU and OSU all had game changing QBs. This year all 4 are breaking in brand new guys, USC is starting a true Freshmen, and Oklahoma is starting a midget. I like Texas chances in all 4 games. I can guarantee that Texas's scoring average will go up over 10 pts per game.

The real strength of this Texas team is still the defense. Texas is crazy strong on the dline and linebackers. Texas is always deep and strong in the secondary, but the front 7 is absolutely loaded.

To be honest, this Texas team reminds me of the 2000 blOwU team. That team went 8-5 in 1999 and then undefeated in 2000. With a few lucky bounces I could Texas winning every game on it's schedule. I know every game on it's schedule is very winnable.
    Been watching the Longhorns play since they were in the old SWC. Trust me when I tell you I can talk about Longhorns you have never even heard of. Football is my thing, so another wrong.

So only Texas has injuries? And where is all that NFL talent? I'll ask again, so why does Vegas have them at 8.5 and if you don't think STREET & SMITH doesn't know football then you can add that to your list of wrongs. Talk to me about the MEAC, oh yeah, ya can't. Yep STREET & SMITH has it totally broke down.

Texas is nothing special and only a TEXAS YES YES like you can't see that. Fanboys, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out all the polls.

Texas and Texas A&M are both given some respect despite coming off 7-6 seasons. The Longhorns are given a ranking of No. 22 or better by Sports Illustrated, ESPN and Yahoo Sports. The Aggies are ranked No. 24 by CBS Sports and No. 25 by S.I. TCU, which finished 9th in the final Associated Top 25, was ranked 16th by ESPN and 18th by S.I. but ignored by CBS and Yahoo.

Nowhere is Texas ranked in the top 20. there is a reason for that, just like Vegas having them at 8.5, yep....it simply makes sense and these people aren't TEXAS YES YES.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-27-2018 at 09:10 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Been watching the Longhorns play since they were in the old SWC. Trust me when I tell you I can talk about Longhorns you have never even heard of. Football is my thing, so another wrong.

So only Texas has injuries? And where is all that NFL talent? I'll ask again, so why does Vegas have them at 8.5 and if you don't think STREET & SMITH doesn't know football then you can add that to your list of wrongs. Talk to me about the MEAC, oh yeah, ya can't. Yep STREET & SMITH has it totally broke down.

Texas is nothing special and only a TEXAS YES YES like you can't see that. Fanboys, sheesh~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out all the polls.

Texas and Texas A&M are both given some respect despite coming off 7-6 seasons. The Longhorns are given a ranking of No. 22 or better by Sports Illustrated, ESPN and Yahoo Sports. The Aggies are ranked No. 24 by CBS Sports and No. 25 by S.I. TCU, which finished 9th in the final Associated Top 25, was ranked 16th by ESPN and 18th by S.I. but ignored by CBS and Yahoo.

Nowhere is Texas ranked in the top 20. there is a reason for that, just like Vegas having them at 8.5, yep....it simply makes sense and these people aren't TEXAS YES YES.

NFL Talent - For the 2019 Draft

WR Collin Johnson* - Think Dez Bryant without all the baggage.
    Calvin Anderson - He would have been a 3rd round pick last year, he will be a first round pick next year.
    Brecklyn Hagar
    Charles Omenihu
    Malcolm Roach*
    Jeffery McCollough*
    Gary Johnson
    Chris Boyd
    Davante Davis
    Brandon Jones*
    Tre Watson

That is 11 guys.

Texas has a few others that could also get drafted if they have a good season, Patrick Vahe, Anthony Wheeler, , PJ Locke, Lil Jordan Humphries, and Jerod Heard.
    All those guys have a bright NFL future and the ones with the * are underclassmen that are likely to declair after next year.

Any more questions? I think you need to have a seat in the corner, you don't know anything about Texas football.

NFL Talent - For the 2019 Draft

WR Collin Johnson* - Think Dez Bryant without all the baggage.
    Calvin Anderson - He would have been a 3rd round pick last year, he will be a first round pick next year.
    Brecklyn Hagar
    Charles Omenihu
    Malcolm Roach*
    Jeffery McCollough*
    Gary Johnson
    Chris Boyd
    Davante Davis
    Brandon Jones*
    Tre Watson

That is 11 guys.

Texas has a few others that could also get drafted if they have a good season, Patrick Vahe, Anthony Wheeler, , PJ Locke, Lil Jordan Humphries, and Jerod Heard.
    All those guys have a bright NFL future and the ones with the * are underclassmen that are likely to declair after next year.

Any more questions? I think you need to have a seat in the corner, you don't know anything about Texas football.
    Dude, you really aren't getting this at all. Stop with this ridiculous.....you don't know....ok? There is nothing about Texas football I don't know.

How many current Longhorns in the NFL? Why isn't Texas ranked higher in the polls?

And don;t tell me Collin Johnson is anything right now, ya should know better than that. And cool this ridiculous....bright NFL future....hahaha!

This is going to be fun.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude, you really aren't getting this at all. Stop with this ridiculous.....you don't know....ok? There is nothing about Texas football I don't know.

How many current Longhorns in the NFL? Why isn't Texas ranked higher in the polls?

And don;t tell me Collin Johnson is anything right now, ya should know better than that. And cool this ridiculous....bright NFL future....hahaha!

This is going to be fun.
    I see words, but all I'm reading is blah blah blah blah blah there isn't anything I don't know, blah blah blah blah blah.

Here is what I know.

Texas lost 3 games to Oklahoma, USC and Okie Lite, Those 3 teams are worse this year than they were last year. Texas is far and away a better team.

You spout off stats that you pull off of ESPN but you have no idea about the story behind the stat.

Texas averaged 4.3 yards per carry last year, after losing most of their two deep offensive line, at the end of the year, Texas had 8 bodies total along the offensive line. I've been watching college football since 1978, and I've never seen anything like that. What you don't see is Texas had two grad transfers, Calvin Anderson, a left Tackle that is 6'6 and 320 lbs of pure lean muscle, and Tre Watson, a RB from Cal that has already won the starting RB spot. Both are huge upgrades at their positons. Texas also has for the first time depth at the QB spot and 2 experienced QBs. That position is going to be hugely upgraded. Texas also has the best receiving corp I've ever seen in all my years of watching Texas football.

The offense is going to be great this year. The defense will show no signs of slipping.

This team will not go undefeated, but it isn't going to lose very many either. 10-2 or 11-1 is my prediction.

BTW - I don't care how many current Longhorns are in the NFL, none of them are going to help Texas win a single game this year, I care only about the current roster. Now, run along to your ESPN site and find some more worthless stats to throw out there, you obviously can't talk about real people or real sports.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    pac 12 haz the sexiest thots/best weather of any conference recruits should be lining up to play in pac12 pac12 should be where the sec is

I see words, but all I'm reading is blah blah blah blah blah there isn't anything I don't know, blah blah blah blah blah.

Here is what I know.

Texas lost 3 games to Oklahoma, USC and Okie Lite, Those 3 teams are worse this year than they were last year. Texas is far and away a better team.

You spout off stats that you pull off of ESPN but you have no idea about the story behind the stat.

Texas averaged 4.3 yards per carry last year, after losing most of their two deep offensive line, at the end of the year, Texas had 8 bodies total along the offensive line. I've been watching college football since 1978, and I've never seen anything like that. What you don't see is Texas had two grad transfers, Calvin Anderson, a left Tackle that is 6'6 and 320 lbs of pure lean muscle, and Tre Watson, a RB from Cal that has already won the starting RB spot. Both are huge upgrades at their positons. Texas also has for the first time depth at the QB spot and 2 experienced QBs. That position is going to be hugely upgraded. Texas also has the best receiving corp I've ever seen in all my years of watching Texas football.

The offense is going to be great this year. The defense will show no signs of slipping.

This team will not go undefeated, but it isn't going to lose very many either. 10-2 or 11-1 is my prediction.

BTW - I don't care how many current Longhorns are in the NFL, none of them are going to help Texas win a single game this year, I care only about the current roster. Now, run along to your ESPN site and find some more worthless stats to throw out there, you obviously can't talk about real people or real sports.
    And I see bogus stats.

Texas averaged 3.6 a carry in 2017, not 4.3, ok?

Okla, USC are ranked higher right now, why? Why is everything available out there totally disagreeing with you about Texas, well?

I've been watching college football since 1959, ok? Yep, long before secregation in the SWC. Seen some football my man, trust me.

All I see is the classic example of what a fanboy is. Totally unrealistic, can't see things for how they really are because they are blinded with bias.

Dude, show me where you got that 4.3 average, would love to see it. I just left the Texas site, yep...3.6 just like it says in this mag,

Then there's
    Biggest weakness: Offensive line

The offensive line was horrific last season after left tackle Connor Williams suffered a knee injury. Texas mustered just 3.6 yards per carry and posted the No. 95 rushing offense with 139.6 yards per game. Somehow the pass protection was worse. The Longhorns allowed 34 sacks, which was good enough for No. 107 in the nation.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-30-2018 at 12:43 AM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    pac 12 haz the sexiest thots/best weather of any conference recruits should be lining up to play in pac12 pac12 should be where the sec is
    Difference in fan bases thus boosters

To Westeners, CFB is a party. To Southeners it is Life.

Tom Brady a Cali kid....Michigan?

If you love football, the place to be is the SEC. The passion shown there is on a totally different level than what we see out here.

I sometimes wonder what the south would have done if blacks still couldn't go to sChool there,(HBCU) with their passion for football, hmmm?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And I see bogus stats.

Texas averaged 3.6 a carry in 2017, not 4.3, ok?

Okla, USC are ranked higher right now, why? Why is everything available out there totally disagreeing with you about Texas, well?

I've been watching college football since 1959, ok? Yep, long before secregation in the SWC. Seen some football my man, trust me.

All I see is the classic example of what a fanboy is. Totally unrealistic, can't see things for how they really are because they are blinded with bias.

Dude, show me where you got that 4.3 average, would love to see it. I just left the Texas site, yep...3.6 just like it says in this mag,

Then there's
    Biggest weakness: Offensive line

The offensive line was horrific last season after left tackle Connor Williams suffered a knee injury. Texas mustered just 3.6 yards per carry and posted the No. 95 rushing offense with 139.6 yards per game. Somehow the pass protection was worse. The Longhorns allowed 34 sacks, which was good enough for No. 107 in the nation.
    The online at Texas has been a weakness since 2006. This year is the first I am optimistic.

Calvin Anderson is a grad transfer, in last years NFL draft he received a 3rd round grade, he decided to come back and he transferred to Texas where he is now the starting left Tackle taking over for Connor Williams.

Patrick Vahe is not a senior with 31 career starter he was named honorable mention All Big 12 last year and is on the Outland watch list.

Zack Shackleford - Junior - 17 career starts, named preseason All-Big 12, on the Remmington Watch List

Derek Kerrstetter - True Sop re - started 10 games last season at right tackle; won the starting spot this year in a dog fight with Sam Cosmi;

Elijah Rodriguez - Senior - missed most of last year with an injury. Won the starting Right Guard spot

Patrick Hudson - Soph - Missed most of last year with an injury.

Denziel Okafor - junior - Started 4 games last year at left tackle; he is a backup this year

Sam Cosmi - Redshirt Freshmen - He and Kerrstetter were in a dog fight for the starting right tackle spot. He is excellent depth and figures to take over for Anderson next year at Left Tackle.

Tope Imade - Junior - was in a dog fight pre-season with Patrick Vahe for the starting Left guard spot. Will be excellent depth.

Last year Texas ended the season with 8 total healthy bodies on the oline. as of right now they have a legit 9 man rotation going into this year.

This line is going to be a lot better than they were last year, they will be deep enough that they will be able to red-shirt all of their incoming freshmen, something Texas hasn't done in over 10 years. Proof is in the pudding, we are going to find out who is right and who is wrong in about 15 hours.

The online at Texas has been a weakness since 2006. This year is the first I am optimistic.

Calvin Anderson is a grad transfer, in last years NFL draft he received a 3rd round grade, he decided to come back and he transferred to Texas where he is now the starting left Tackle taking over for Connor Williams.

Patrick Vahe is not a senior with 31 career starter he was named honorable mention All Big 12 last year and is on the Outland watch list.

Zack Shackleford - Junior - 17 career starts, named preseason All-Big 12, on the Remmington Watch List

Derek Kerrstetter - True Sop re - started 10 games last season at right tackle; won the starting spot this year in a dog fight with Sam Cosmi;

Elijah Rodriguez - Senior - missed most of last year with an injury. Won the starting Right Guard spot

Patrick Hudson - Soph - Missed most of last year with an injury.

Denziel Okafor - junior - Started 4 games last year at left tackle; he is a backup this year

Sam Cosmi - Redshirt Freshmen - He and Kerrstetter were in a dog fight for the starting right tackle spot. He is excellent depth and figures to take over for Anderson next year at Left Tackle.

Tope Imade - Junior - was in a dog fight pre-season with Patrick Vahe for the starting Left guard spot. Will be excellent depth.

Last year Texas ended the season with 8 total healthy bodies on the oline. as of right now they have a legit 9 man rotation going into this year.

This line is going to be a lot better than they were last year, they will be deep enough that they will be able to red-shirt all of their incoming freshmen, something Texas hasn't done in over 10 years. Proof is in the pudding, we are going to find out who is right and who is wrong in about 15 hours.
    Cool, now show me where ya got that 4.3 average per carry, ok?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol,

3 hours til kickoff and you are worried about a typo. About a stat from last year that has no bearing on this year. This is why it's hard to take you serious, if I want to know who ran a 100 meters on some day 20 years ago and how they did, i know you will have the answer.

When it comes to actual sports, I might as well be talking to a Dementia patient.

It's all well and good because I follow Texas football, I follow what is going on in practice I listen to what the coaches have to say. Then I draw my conclusions. Now I'm going to watch my team and a few others and I will reform my opinions based on actual on field play. If you want to talk to me about football, I expect the same from you. If all you are going to do is read the stat line then don't bother.

Lol,

3 hours til kickoff and you are worried about a typo. About a stat from last year that has no bearing on this year. This is why it's hard to take you serious, if I want to know who ran a 100 meters on some day 20 years ago and how they did, i know you will have the answer.

When it comes to actual sports, I might as well be talking to a Dementia patient.

It's all well and good because I follow Texas football, I follow what is going on in practice I listen to what the coaches have to say. Then I draw my conclusions. Now I'm going to watch my team and a few others and I will reform my opinions based on actual on field play. If you want to talk to me about football, I expect the same from you. If all you are going to do is read the stat line then don't bother.
    3.6 vs 4.3 is not a typo, ok, that is you being taken to school so own it.

Tell us all again about how Texas is a 10 win team, ok? YOU, talking dementia...hahahahaha~~~~~

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Taggart brought the gimmicky Pac10 offense to the ACC and got blown out by Virginia Tech

Taggart brought the gimmicky Pac10 offense to the ACC and got blown out by Virginia Tech
    Hard to run that gimmicky PAC12 offense without PAC12 speed.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    First black coach in program history

- Rap music during practices
    - Dancing before the opening kickoff
    - stupid black alternate uniforms

FSU about to decline to "cool" mediocrity

First black coach in program history

- Rap music during practices
    - Dancing before the opening kickoff
    - stupid black alternate uniforms

FSU about to decline to "cool" mediocrity

Don't act like a rookie and over react to one game, ok?

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    pac12 speed disappeared 10+ years ago...........big 12 has the fastest players

this is the pac12s modern standard

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Pac 12 is the only conference the Big 12 can make fun of.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    3.6 vs 4.3 is not a typo, ok, that is you being taken to school so own it.

Tell us all again about how Texas is a 10 win team, ok? YOU, talking dementia...hahahahaha~~~~~
    Lets see what they look like against USC. I will repeat, Texas has the talent to win 10 games, the real question is do they have the coaches or the QB to do so? I'm willing to let the season play out.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Don't act like a rookie and over react to one game, ok?
    The black AD (whom has since left for NCAA job) openly admitted breaking barrier was a motive for hiring Taggart. All off-season i had to read celebrating "changing the culture".

On Warchant (FSU rivals board) alot of complaining about the new hired DJ. That he played mix tape Rap the entire game. FSU has a band, no reason for the "club music".

Everything we judge Miami Fl for, we are becoming. Yay diversity.

pac12 speed disappeared 10+ years ago...........big 12 has the fastest players

this is the pac12s modern standard
    Go ahead talk to me about the speed of the Big12 in football, what.....no clue?

Try some reality, ok?

10.3 sprinter.

4.22 40 man

Last edited by Avante; 09-05-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Pac 12 is the only conference the Big 12 can make fun of.
    Don't really know much about either do ya?

Thread Information