Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    So many quality QB 's have come from that conference. And they just keep coming.

Why Tom Brady left California for Michigan?

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    probably too many batty boys on the limpwristed coast

probably too many batty boys on the limpwristed coast
    That was dumb.

What other conference compares to this when it comes to QB;'s

Terry Baker
    Gary Beban
    John Brodie
    Warren Moon
    Aaron Rodgers
    Troy Aikman
    Andrew Luck
    Danny White
    Matt Lienert
    Carson Palmer
    Drew Bledsoe
    Mark Brunell
    Jake Plummer
    Dan Fouts
    Josh Roshen
    Sam Darnold

Hmmm?
    Last edited by Avante; 08-21-2018 at 11:50 PM.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    big12 produces the best college qbs

big12 produces the best college qbs
    Prove it.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Best conference for womens sports. In CFB and CBB the Conference is 2nd tier at this point. No HOF quality Quarterback since Carson Palmer almost 15 years ago

Best QBs over the past Decade is probably ACC. Ryan, Wilson, Winston and Watson

Best conference for womens sports. In CFB and CBB the Conference is 2nd tier at this point. No HOF quality Quarterback since Carson Palmer almost 15 years ago

Best QBs over the past Decade is probably ACC. Ryan, Wilson, Winston and Watson
    Wilson more Big10.

Pac12

Andrew Luck
    Marcus Mariota
    Jared Goff
    Sam Darnold
    Josh Rosen

Post Count
    The Pac12 has easily been the worst Power 5 conference in football and basketball the past two seasons. Troubling trend which will probably change this season with Washington, Oregon, Stanford, USC, and Utah looking like strong teams.

The Pac12 has easily been the worst Power 5 conference in football and basketball the past two seasons. Troubling trend which will probably change this season with Washington, Oregon, Stanford, USC, and Utah looking like strong teams.
    It's when you take into consideration all the sports from an historical perspective that the PAC12 shines. So many great athletes and teams. And I do look at the impact PAC12 athletes make on the next level.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    It's when you take into consideration all the sports from an historical perspective that the PAC12 shines. So many great athletes and teams. And I do look at the impact PAC12 athletes make on the next level.
    I already made this point in my OP when I stated the Pac10 is the best in womens sports. Resources are not unlimited. There is also for example water polo, field hockey, and soccer etc etc.

In CFB, the schools don't invest enough in coaching salaries or facilities to compete. CBB is a head scratcher but I think the West Coast (and North-East) have the best small schools in the sport so the talent is spread out while in the Mid-West and South it is concentrated in Big 5 schools. Still no excuse why UCLA can't consistently roll out an elite 14 man roster.

I already made this point in my OP when I stated the Pac10 is the best in womens sports. Resources are not unlimited. There is also for example water polo, field hockey, and soccer etc etc.

In CFB, the schools don't invest enough in coaching salaries or facilities to compete. CBB is a head scratcher but I think the West Coast (and North-East) have the best small schools in the sport so the talent is spread out while in the Mid-West and South it is concentrated in Big 5 schools. Still no excuse why UCLA can't consistently roll out an elite 14 man roster.
    I confess, I pay...0....attention to women in sport.

I agree with the meat of your post. If all the Cali kids stayed here....whoa! Then there is our JC situation, must be 100 JC's in Cali. Aaron Rodgers a JCer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There is a really good chance the Pac will miss the playoffs again this year.

If you have an undefeated Oklahoma vs any undefeated Pac school not named USC, the committee will pick Oklahoma every time. Same with Texas. This goes for a one loss Texas/ Oklahoma. The only way Pac makes the playoffs is if the big 12 champ has 2 losses and the Pac champs has one loss or less. Even then right now the #2 SEC team will likely have more claim on a playoff spot than a Pac school.

There is a really good chance the Pac will miss the playoffs again this year.

If you have an undefeated Oklahoma vs any undefeated Pac school not named USC, the committee will pick Oklahoma every time. Same with Texas. This goes for a one loss Texas/ Oklahoma. The only way Pac makes the playoffs is if the big 12 champ has 2 losses and the Pac champs has one loss or less. Even then right now the #2 SEC team will likely have more claim on a playoff spot than a Pac school.
    No conference compares to the SEC when it comes to football.

Texas has been sucking for awhile now. Haven't won 8 games in a season since 2013. Not sure they carry much weight anymore.

Depth is where the PAC12 overwelmes the Big12. Far more good teams.

But what if it is an undefeated USC team? The Trojans just as revered as Oklahoma.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    No conference compares to the SEC when it comes to football.

Texas has been sucking for awhile now. Haven't won 8 games in a season since 2013. Not sure they carry much weight anymore.

Depth is where the PAC12 overwelmes the Big12. Far more good teams.

But what if it is an undefeated USC team? The Trojans just as revered as Oklahoma.
    The likelihood is Texas will win between 9 and 11 games this year. Vegas put the over/under for Texas at 8 wins, I think it's actually 10 wins. We will find out what this team looks like come Saturday.

The quality teams in the Big 12 are Oklahoma, Texas, TCU and Okie Lite/ WVU. The quality teams in the Pac are Washington, Oregon, USC and Stanford. Maybe Utah.

That is 5 for each conference, so your argument doesn't really have water.

The Trojans are the only true named school in the conference and if both Oklahoma and Trojans were undefeated I think a lot of the weight will be on how each team looked against Texas. It would be toss up and possibly a case where the Big 10 is left out. There are lots of variables in this, but no one is going to keep the SEC out and I don't see the ACC being kept out unless the champ is anyone other than Clemson/FSU.

In the last three seasons Texas has gone 17-20, BOOM...10 wins....nay!

You are letting your TEXAS YES...show.

Looking at the last five seasons the BIG12 has Texas, Iowa St, TT, Kansas with losing records. Only Colorado/ OSU in the PAC12.

Quality PAC12 teams would also include WSU, they won 9 games in 2017, which is more than Texas,WV.

I'm not one to jump the gun on anything, do go with the....give things some time. Let's see how it goes.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    In the last three seasons Texas has gone 17-20, BOOM...10 wins....nay!

You are letting your TEXAS YES...show.

Looking at the last five seasons the BIG12 has Texas, Iowa St, TT, Kansas with losing records. Only Colorado/ OSU in the PAC12.

Quality PAC12 teams would also include WSU, they won 9 games in 2017, which is more than Texas,WV.

I'm not one to jump the gun on anything, do go with the....give things some time. Let's see how it goes.
    Lol, Past performance is not a indication of future results. If you knew anything about ...well anything you would know this. If it was, then Texas would never be bad.

If you knew anything about Texas you would also know they are about as experienced as any school out there, and not just experienced but experienced at key positions. Texas also is loaded with plenty of NFL talent. About the only team Texas won't be favored to beat is Oklahoma, and that is still up in the air.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I'll give Pac10 credit for their parity but dominance is low. Too much passing usually creates a soft run defense on the roster and Pac10 gets steam rolled by the size of the Eastern offensive lines

Lol, Past performance is not a indication of future results. If you knew anything about ...well anything you would know this. If it was, then Texas would never be bad.

If you knew anything about Texas you would also know they are about as experienced as any school out there, and not just experienced but experienced at key positions. Texas also is loaded with plenty of NFL talent. About the only team Texas won't be favored to beat is Oklahoma, and that is still up in the air.
    And if you knew anything at all you'd know Texas hasn't done anything in a long time to hint an improving three games in a season.

When it comes to the best player in the BIG12 by position, Texas has nobody.

Weak at QB, weak at RB, yes newbie WR Collin Johnson should make some impact.

Experienced? Not on that offense.

NFL talent?....loaded with it?

3.6 average rushing?

Looking at STREET & SMITH 2018 College Football Preview.....no Texas Longhorn on their first or second teams. They also rank Texas....23.

They talk about...Shane Buechele and Sam Ehlinger need to do better than 18/11.

I simply don't buy what you're trying to sell.

Why do you think Vegas has 8 wins, there is a reason for that.
    Last edited by Avante; 08-27-2018 at 01:13 AM.

I'll give Pac10 credit for their parity but dominance is low. Too much passing usually creates a soft run defense on the roster and Pac10 gets steam rolled by the size of the Eastern offensive lines
    What?

Ah.....steam rolled by Eastern offensive lines...? Give me some examples.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    What?

Ah.....steam rolled by Eastern offensive lines...? Give me some examples.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Avante pac 12 no explanation needed ......... pac12 = weakest power 5 conference

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

I always think of Ohio State being in the midwest not the East.

Thread Information