Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Another gimmicky black QB bites the dust. Cowboy fans were getting tattoos of this guy a couple seasons ago. To Dak's credit he didn't go full kneeling meltdown like 49ers QB
    I wasn't a big fan of his in 2016. He wasn't really throwing the ball down the field then either. He was missing reads and leaving big plays on the field.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I would lean to giving him one more year, provided that he is willing to bet on himself with a new staff.
    Tough to argue JG and or teh OC suck, but not give him a chance with a new staff.
    However, I woudl hire a brilliant OC and let him scout Dak to make that call.
    Our OC shouldnt have to make teh offense "dak friendly"
    There is no one behind him that would do any better. He wasn't pushed at all, and Linehan is garbage. Get rid of Linehan first, they are running a mid 90s scheme and everyone knows what is coming.
    He definitely should finish out the season. And I agree with killa, if they do let go of JG and the OC then he should at least get one more year with the new staff if they want him.

I just don't know if there are any QB's that would be worth a FA signing.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Saw a commercial bout a guy having sticky hands and getting the mail/taking out trash. Never heard of him.
    IDK...the only commercial I remember is the ing Salmon Sisters because that gets played 5 times an hour.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    He definitely should finish out the season. And I agree with killa, if they do let go of JG and the OC then he should at least get one more year with the new staff if they want him.

I just don't know if there are any QB's that would be worth a FA signing.
    Agreed that is why I would consider him on a team friendly deal. Obviously he deserves a raise but a bottom of the top 15 QBs should be his salary slot not a market changing one.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    "SPOTS"....ya look for "SPOTS" where one team has all the advantages in that "SPOT" from a ATS perspective.

A...totally sucks coming off a bye on the road, in that "SPOT"....3=27 ATS last 30.

B....is a solid 22-8 ATS at home heading into a bye week.

So, that is a 49-11 trend favoring B.

See how it goes? TONS of similiar "SPOTS", it's your job as a serious player to find the best three "SPOTS" for the week.
    Oh I remember your huge upset tip taking the Cowboys and old Romo on 4 days rest against Carolina. Take the Cowboys they won’t need the points?
    Final Carolina 33- Dallas 14.

Dallas had won the last 5 in a row against Carolina. Forget the fact Romo had just come off an injury with fckn 4 days to rest?

Idiot...

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Another gimmicky black QB bites the dust. Cowboy fans were getting tattoos of this guy a couple seasons ago. To Dak's credit he didn't go full kneeling meltdown like 49ers QB
    Being able to run is not....gimmicky. And when did anyone ever...bit the dust...after "ONE" game?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Being able to run is not....gimmicky. And when did anyone ever...bit the dust...after "ONE" game?
    It's not just one game. It goes back to all of last season, and the offense this season was supposed to be more "Dak friendly," and then they go out and lay an egg. Dak's last 4 games:

75-120 742 yds 1 TD 4 INTs

Not very good. And that doesn't even factor in that worst run in franchise history in the middle of the season last year.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's not just one game. It goes back to all of last season, and the offense this season was supposed to be more "Dak friendly," and then they go out and lay an egg. Dak's last 4 games:

Not very good. And that doesn't even factor in that worst run in franchise history in the middle of the season last year.
    He also can't throw a RB screen worth a damn, or Linehan can't draw them up. Toss up there. He moonballs half of them and appears to have no touch.

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Now Google where Troy Aikman was at after his first two seasons. You will be stunned, he sucked. How about.....36 ints?

Jared Goff what a mistake that was, remember?

Peyton had 43 INT's in his first two seasons.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-11-2018 at 06:28 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Now Google where Troy Aikman was at after his first two seasons. You will be stunned, he sucked. How about.....36 ints?

Jared Goff what a mistake that was, remember?

Peyton had 43 INT's in his first two seasons.
    In two seasons he hasn't shown the real ability to make big plays with his arm. He doesn't push the ball up field at all. He has trouble reading a defense. He supposedly worked all offseason working on his accuracy and reading the defense, and the offense was supposed to be more tailored to fit him.... and yet we saw the same predictable offense from them. We saw the same inaccuracies in his throws. He still didn't push the ball up the field. He didn't see wide open receivers. He miss read the defense that led to giving up sacks. I'm not giving up on him for this season, because it's still relatively new. But if he hasn't made those kinds of adjustments in year three, then this just might be exactly who he is... and if so, then the Cowboys need to consider moving on from him.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So apparently Dez and Jerry went to a Jay-Z and Beyonce concert together on Tuesday night.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    All these Cowboys "fans" coming out of the woodwork against Dak, and I was against the move since Day 1.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    All these Cowboys "fans" coming out of the woodwork against Dak, and I was against the move since Day 1.
    We had to do something, though. Romo's back was on its last legs and he was already 38. He'd be 40 now, and yes Brees and Brady have made it that far, but they're GOATs, and have been relatively injury free throughout their career... Romo? I loved the guy but he was made of glass. The tackle that essentially ended his career in preseason 2016 wasn't even that hard of a hit.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    So apparently Dez and Jerry went to a Jay-Z and Beyonce concert together on Tuesday night.

We have the money to spend, I don't see why don't we give him the 1 year/10 mil deal he's been holding out for so badly?? If he shines we can always just let him walk this next spring, Gallup should be ready by then, but he needs a year to develop and get good.

Thinking that Dak and Zeke are a little more "game shape ready" this week. Maybe I am a homer but I think not playing the entire preseason hurt them in Game 1.

I am thinking we will see a different offense today.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Thinking that Dak and Zeke are a little more "game shape ready" this week. Maybe I am a homer but I think not playing the entire preseason hurt them in Game 1.

I am thinking we will see a different offense today.
    Homerdamus

I knew they were rusty AF against Carolina. It's still week 2, let's see how 's going come November.

Gaaaah damn i love football being back.

(now they gotta hold on lol)

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dak looked much sharper. Still made a couple bad throws that could have been picked but encouraging overall. The D looked good while the game still mattered.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Dak looked much sharper. Still made a couple bad throws that could have been picked but encouraging overall. The D looked good while the game still mattered.
    Eh, take away the one long throw and Dak had just over 100 yards for the night.

The D did look great for 3 quarters

Looking forward to the Oct 14 game at home vs Jacksonville.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Eh, take away the one long throw and Dak had just over 100 yards for the night.

The D did look great for 3 quarters
    I’m not worried about the yardage and don’t expect him to put up big numbers.
    His decision making looked better last night and was also more accurate.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Vander Esch seemed to play well coming in for Lee, too. Nice surprise.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Biggest offensive adjustment made was putting Dak in comfortable spots to make plays. The dude has been struggling under center, glad to see they had him in the shotgun for a ton of snaps. He played almost exclusively in the shotgun in college, it's smart to let him read the defense and make plays out of that formation. He forced the defense to commit a defender to stopping his run which helped get some receivers some more space to work in. Conor Williams also had a MUCH better game.

Defensively, a dominant showing. Heath and Frazier looked good. Can't wait to work Gregory and Irving back into the DL rotation in a couple weeks

I’m not worried about the yardage and don’t expect him to put up big numbers.
    His decision making looked better last night and was also more accurate.
    Same.. His decisions on the read option were all good, and his passes were accurate. He had more time to throw vs the Carolina game, but he also straight up blew some easy passes in that game too. None of that nonsense last night.

Vander Esch seemed to play well coming in for Lee, too. Nice surprise.
    Agreed.. Didn't catch any mistakes.

The entire team couldn't tackle Barkley, but it was a solid effort by the LB's and backfield to come up and assist after he broke basically all of the first attempts at the tackle.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    cowboys defense has been very good in both games tbh. it's an impressive unit. but that O looks lost, and zeke looks good not great behind this version of the OL. and as usual Dak looks about as good as his surroundings. he's a chameleon.

Thread Information