Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Where's my Cowboys brethren @? Sign in, you've been quiet as ..

Was just looking at the defensive line depth, and god damn.. It's gonna create some problems for opposing O-lines when you can rotate fresh defenders like that, all looking like they can contribute..

1. D-Law - franchise tagged, contract season.. 14.5 sacks last year.

2. Datone Jones - Former 1st rounder, could be a bounce back season

3. Randy Gregory - already causing problems for All-pro Tyron Smith in camp.. Has been credited w/ at least 4 would be sacks in camp. Question is.. can he put the blunt down?

4. Maliek Collins - solid, and still improving

5. Jihad Ward - 'em he's a piece of . Hope he's cut

6. Taco Charlton - looks stronger and had some decent moves in the pre-season thus far.. poised for a breakout season

7. Charles Tapper - I haven't seen it, but see a lot of scouts saying he's got the talent.. when healthy.

8. Dorance Armstrong - Our best performing rookie pick so far.. Broaddus loves him

9. Tyrone Crawford - Hasn't lived up to his contract extension.. could be a dark horse

10. Kony Ealy - probably doesn't make the team.. but solid depth if so

11. David Irving - ing beast.. Question is.. can he put the blunt down? He say's he won't let weed cost him his ability to feed his family, so hope so. Jerry is very patient with potheads, so hoping he get's it together and earns another contract.
    Last edited by DJR210; 08-22-2018 at 02:01 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    checking in.

Not sure what to expect. If they can protect Dak, I think they'll be better than people think.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Where's my Cowboys brethren @? Sign in, you've been quiet as ..

Was just looking at the defensive line depth, and god damn.. It's gonna create some problems for opposing O-lines when you can rotate fresh defenders like that, all looking like they can contribute..

1. D-Law - franchise tagged, contract season.. 14.5 sacks last year.

2. Datone Jones - Former 1st rounder, could be a bounce back season

3. Randy Gregory - already causing problems for All-pro Tyron Smith in camp.. Has been credited w/ at least 4 would be sacks in camp. Question is.. can he put the blunt down?

4. Maliek Collins - solid, and still improving

5. Jihad Ward -Jury is still out for me.. don't know much about him, but he's a former second rounder and my Raiders fan homie says he's decent

6. Taco Charlton - looks stronger and had some decent moves in the pre-season thus far.. poised for a breakout season

7. Charles Tapper - I haven't seen it, but see a lot of scouts saying he's got the talent.. when healthy.

8. Dorance Armstrong - Our best performing rookie pick so far.. Broaddus loves him

9. Tyrone Crawford - Hasn't lived up to his contract extension.. could be a dark horse

10. Kony Ealy - probably doesn't make the team.. but solid depth if so

11. David Irving - ing beast.. Question is.. can he put the blunt down? He say's he won't let weed cost him his ability to feed his family, so hope so. Jerry is very patient with potheads, so hoping he get's it together and earns another contract.
    well I know you're not talkin about me ... cause i haven't said a good thing about him

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    well I know you're not talkin about me ... cause i haven't said a good thing about him
    Don't worry, I said "homie"..

But anyways, if you say he's garbage I'll take your word for it. Ryan Switzer might actually be a decent pickup for y'all, he just didn't excel at KR duties and Cole Beasley is already on the team.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    checking in.

Not sure what to expect. If they can protect Dak, I think they'll be better than people think.
    Agreed. This may be harder than it seems though as they have Frederick and Martin currently dealing w/ issues, and I expect Smith to continue to have back issues.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Don't worry, I said "homie"..

But anyways, if you say he's garbage I'll take your word for it. Ryan Switzer might actually be a decent pickup for y'all, he just didn't excel at KR duties and Cole Beasley is already on the team.
    Switzer is fighting for a roster spot with Griff Whalen. both are small slot/return guys.

Ward just gave us nothing... and he wasn't really an exciting prospect coming out in the first place. Not productive, not particularly athletic. The coaching staff just saw some traits they liked and thought they could turn him into a player. Which is why it made no sense to take him so damn high (second round pick). They wanted him to be a 3-tec but he just never had suddenness or moves to make it work. Switzer wasn't much to give up, but I'd be shocked at him being on a roster tbh. He only made the raiders team for 2 years because of his draft status

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Switzer is fighting for a roster spot with Griff Whalen. both are small slot/return guys.

Ward just gave us nothing... and he wasn't really an exciting prospect coming out in the first place. Not productive, not particularly athletic. The coaching staff just saw some traits they liked and thought they could turn him into a player. Which is why it made no sense to take him so damn high (second round pick). They wanted him to be a 3-tec but he just never had suddenness or moves to make it work. Switzer wasn't much to give up, but I'd be shocked at him being on a roster tbh. He only made the raiders team for 2 years because of his draft status
    Original Post Edited

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Original Post Edited

Banned
    My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    at Carolina...L
    NYG...W
    at Sea...W
    Detroit...W
    at Houston...L
    Jacksonville...L/W?
    at Wash..W

bye...ok 4-3

Tenn..W
    at Philly..L
    at Atlanta...L
    Wash...W
    New Orleans...W/L?
    Philly...L
    at Indy...W
    TB...W
    at NYG...L

So, 9-7, 8-8.

Post Count
    the o-line is in trouble. frederick likely out for the year.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    the o-line is in trouble. frederick likely out for the year.
    Not sure about that, they caught it early and he is getting treatment. could be out a few weeks or a few months. mark schlereth had the same thing in the early 90s, it affected him for almost two years but he was already losing strength/feeling in his legs. As soon as the tissue covering the nerves grows back he should be good to go.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not sure about that, they caught it early and he is getting treatment. could be out a few weeks or a few months. mark schlereth had the same thing in the early 90s, it affected him for almost two years but he was already losing strength/feeling in his legs. As soon as the tissue covering the nerves grows back he should be good to go.
    Hope so, dude has never missed a game.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Pretty expected list of cuts.. Only surprise was Bailey.. maybe Bo Scarbrough. Bailey seems like one of those typical Dallas headscratchers that will haunt them all season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Checking in...

I was surprised by the Bailey cut. I didn't think it was even a compe ion. I wonder if they were clearing up space for a bigger player.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    at Carolina...L
    NYG...W
    at Sea...W
    Detroit...W
    at Houston...L
    Jacksonville...L/W?
    at Wash..W

bye...ok 4-3

Tenn..W
    at Philly..L
    at Atlanta...L
    Wash...W
    New Orleans...W/L?
    Philly...L
    at Indy...W
    TB...W
    at NYG...L

So, 9-7, 8-8.
    at Carolina...L
    NYG...W
    at Sea...W
    Detroit...W
    at Houston...L
    Jacksonville...L
    at Wash..W

bye... 4-3

Tenn..W
    at Philly..L
    at Atlanta...L/W?
    Wash...W
    New Orleans...W
    Philly...W
    at Indy...W
    TB...W
    at NYG...L

10-6 or 11-5, imo.

Letting Bailey go and keeping a kicker who has never kicked a field goal in a NFL game is just plain stupid. I guess with Fredrick down they decided to just do a Mavs and tank for high draft picks.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    can't wait for Cam to tear up that boys ass next week. last time both teams met...

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Useless trade for both teams with the Switzer/Ward swap in the end..

and @ Oakland swooping in to sign UTSA's own Brian Price that fast.. he was claimed off waivers so fast that certain news outlets actually published stories saying Dallas had already re-signed him as they intended to do.

Letting Bailey go and keeping a kicker who has never kicked a field goal in a NFL game is just plain stupid. I guess with Fredrick down they decided to just do a Mavs and tank for high draft picks.
    I think they're more concerned with Bailey's accuracy at 45+.. Apparently Maher has a pretty strong leg and Dallas figures they have K scouting down with the finds of Nick Folk and Bailey.

*Edit - Wasn't aware that Maher nailed a 57 yarder in the last game, I didn't watch it. There you go..
    Last edited by DJR210; 09-03-2018 at 09:50 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    can't wait for Cam to tear up that boys ass next week. last time both teams met...

Sure.. You guys came in and kicked our ass while being ran by Matt ing Cassell ffs.. But what happened in the previous 5 matchups?

9-4 all time vs CAR

10-4 come Sunday evening.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    at Carolina...L
    NYG...W
    at Sea...W
    Detroit...W
    at Houston...L
    Jacksonville...L
    at Wash..W

bye... 4-3

Tenn..W
    at Philly..L
    at Atlanta...L/W?
    Wash...W
    New Orleans...W
    Philly...W
    at Indy...W
    TB...W
    at NYG...L

10-6 or 11-5, imo.
    Smells like 8-8

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

You my friend, are gay...sounds like some Broke back mountain type tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys
    Maher
    Dik Pres
    heavy usage of Austin and Thompson
    gadget plays
    tough time tackling a kicker
    Tyron looking slow

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i guess i just never understood why anybody expected improvement from last year... did you really think hurns/gallup were going to move the needle? i guess a healthy sean lee and adding vander esh gives the defense some more to work with, but their offense was always going to be way too zeke reliant and predictable.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    i guess i just never understood why anybody expected improvement from last year... did you really think hurns/gallup were going to move the needle? i guess a healthy sean lee and adding vander esh gives the defense some more to work with, but their offense was always going to be way too zeke reliant and predictable.
    Addition by subtraction was and still is my thought, it's only one having skipped preseason basically. But if they don't respond in a big way you already know it will be one of those years again. Either way though..

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    I never saw more than six wins out of this bunch. You have a QB who’s regressing by the week, takes no shots down field, no explosive players, and a coach who has proven time and time again he can’t make adjustments nor can he coach worth a damn without a surplus of Pro Bowl level players. What else was anybody expecting? This game should not have been a surprise.

defense looks above average, but it’s anchored by injury prone guys and guys who can’t stay away from weed/PEDs so you know it’s only a matter of time before they lose a key player or two in the front seven. Put it all together and you have a pretty uninspiring ball club

Thread Information