Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    House Democrats Can Issue An Impeachment Verdict Without Going Through The GOP Senate

Democrats in the House of Representatives have the power to reach a verdict on impeachment without having to go through Republicans in the Senate.

At least that’s what legal scholar and professor Laurence Tribe said on Monday in an interview with MSNBC’s Ali Velshi.

Tribe said that in the Watergate era – when Richard Nixon ultimately had to resign the presidency in disgrace –

the House of Representatives didn’t just send charges to the U.S. Senate. They reached a verdict.

In the case of Donald Trump, the professor says House Democrats can follow the same roadmap.

“You don’t need to be afraid of the big bad Mitch McConnell,” Tribe said.

“The House of Representatives at the last minute can decide either to present articles of impeachment or to wrap it up itself,

issue a condemnation of the president for having committed high crimes and misdemeanors with specific factual findings and

then make him carry that scarlet ‘I’ for impeachability into the 2020 election.”

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/06/10/house-democrats-can-issue-an-impeachment-verdict-without-going-through-the-gop-senate.html

Dems don't have the balls.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-10-2019 at 09:38 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watching Gaetz himself was funny. People were laughing AT him, you probably missed that part.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine why. Mueller totally exonerated DJT.
    Guessing this is sarcasm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guessing this is sarcasm.
    Solid guess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump just invited Congress to begin impeachment proceedings

the heart of an impeachment inquiry — turns upon

whether the president abuses his power and

demonstrates an unfitness
    to serve

under the defining principles of our Cons ution.

On Tuesday, Trump gave us direct evidence of his contempt toward the most foundational precept of our democracy — that no person, not even the president, is above the law.

He filed
    a brief in the nation’s second-most-important court that takes the

position that Congress cannot investigate the president,

except possibly in impeachment proceedings.

It’s a spectacularly anti-cons utional brief,

and anyone who harbors such at udes toward our Cons ution’s architecture is not fit for office.

Trump’s brief is nothing if not an invitation to commencing impeachment proceedings

that, for reasons set out in the Mueller report, should have already commenced.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-latest-court-filing-is-an-invitation-to-begin-impeachment-proceedings/2019/06/12/339b08c8-8d29-11e9-8f69-a2795fca3343_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.ea dc3047e80a

I read the with impeachment of the President, any Executive privilege is effectively nullified, useless, so Congress can obtain EVERYTHING.

I still bet Pelosi STILL won't start impeachment.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-12-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the feckless, less, spineless, gutless, effete Dems

No different from the Trash and Repugs: politics is more important than law enforcement

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the feckless, less, spineless, gutless, effete Dems

No different from the Trash and Repugs: politics is more important than law enforcement

A year and change out from a national election and this is what you're worried about.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A year and change out from a national election and this is what you're worried about.
    worried, no

pissed off at stupid Dems, yet.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi’s Latest Statement on Impeachment Isn’t Just Wrong, It’s Eerily Similar to Trump Argument

Manu Raju
    ✔@mkraju

Pelosi this morning said that

the House should not open an inquiry into the President “unless you’re ready to impeach.”

She said the Senate would need to understand that senators either “honor their oath of office to protect and defend the Cons ution of the United States”

9:29 AM - Jun 19, 2019

The absolute inanity of Pelosi’s statement was immediately pounced on by none other than George Conway – spouse of the Trump Administration’s
    favorite Hatch Act violator.

Conway remarked that Pelosi’s statement was

“like saying that a grand jury should not be empaneled unless it’s ready to indict and a pe jury is ready to convict.”

the speaker’s directive to Congress misstates the entire process of impeachment.

Pelosi’s erroneous premise – that Congress cannot or should not investigate until it is ready to impeach – is not only illogical.

It’s also eerily similar to what Trump is arguing in his appeal of the congressional subpoena issued to finance firm, Mazars USA.

All of Pelosi’s comments about impeachment can be explained by

her calculation that an impeachment process is politically harmful to Democrats, and specifically those in the House.

She doesn’t want to go as far as saying that the facts outlined in the Mueller Report don’t warrant impeachment, so

she is instead saying things that don’t make sense.

Pelosi’s expertise is in navigating politics, not trials.

And impeachment is a political process, not a criminal one.

“Pelosi wants to bob and weave until the subject fully changes to the 2020 election.”

https://lawandcrime.com/opinion/pelosis-latest-statement-on-impeachment-isnt-just-wrong-its-eerily-similar-to-trump-argument/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi:

"We have six committees working on following the facts in terms of any abuse of power, obstruction of justice and the rest that the president may have engaged in," she said at a news conference.

"That is the serious path we’re on — not that Mr. Green is not serious, but we'll deal with that on the floor."

Mueller handed her 10? acts of obstruction, "serious clown" Pelosi does nothing, but around with committee circle jerks, for probably months, all of the committees are being obstructed by Barr/Trash.

Now what? not a ing move

Last edited by boutons_deux; 07-17-2019 at 06:14 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pelosi:

"We have six committees working on following the facts in terms of any abuse of power, obstruction of justice and the rest that the president may have engaged in," she said at a news conference.

"That is the serious path we’re on — not that Mr. Green is not serious, but we'll deal with that on the floor."

Mueller handed her 10? acts of obstruction, "serious clown" Pelosi does nothing, but around with committee circle jerks, for probably months, all of the committees are being obstructed by Barr/Trash.

Now what? not a ing move

someone's upset... looks like it's just another loon from the left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think republicans had anything to do with this not going forward?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think republicans had anything to do with this not going forward?
    sure, you can see it up there in the "YEA's"

time for trannyReck to cry some more...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would a Repug House let slide Obama's impeachment if OSC do ented 10 cases of obstruction?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sure, you can see it up there in the "YEA's"

time for trannyReck to cry some more...
    Dummy, if the democrats wanted, they can pass whatever they want, including impeaching Trump tonight.

You need 218 for the majority and the democrats hold 235 seats.

Most of them dems voted to toss this out the door. Republicans had no impact here whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dummy, if the democrats wanted, they can pass whatever they want, including impeaching Trump tonight.

You need 218 for the majority and the democrats hold 235 seats.

Must of them dems voted to toss this out the door. Republicans had no impact here whatsoever.
    and why did they toss the out the door? because they're all nothing more than grandstanding re s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and why did they toss the out the door? because they're all nothing more than grandstanding re s.
    Because impeaching Trump at this stage is pointless. With a little over a year to go before the general elections, impeachment is not needed. The people will decide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because impeaching Trump at this stage is pointless. With a little over a year to go before the general elections, impeachment is not needed. The people will decide.
    whatever excuses you need to make you feel better ya loon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever excuses you need to make you feel better ya loon.
    I've been against impeachment for years. Kori ella.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    team righty team Trump

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    team righty team Trump
    team cuck team beta

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    team druggy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poor cuckles...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White House aides fear Trump believes House vote against impeachment means it’s never going to happen

his proclamation has some White House officials worried the president really believes he is out of the woods.

According to a report at Politico, close aides to the president worry that

his comment that “we have all this [impeachment] behind us,”

may be based on

an unfounded notion by Trump about how Congress works. no !

“First of all, a few smart, seasoned people in the White House wondered to us Wednesday night

if TRUMP actually believes this vote ended impeachment.

Of course, it didn’t.

This was a procedural vote that means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/white-house-aides-fear-trump-believes-house-vote-against-impeachment-means-its-never-going-to-happen-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=777

Thread Information