Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    White House aides fear Trump believes House vote against impeachment means it’s never going to happen

his proclamation has some White House officials worried the president really believes he is out of the woods.

According to a report at Politico, close aides to the president worry that

his comment that “we have all this [impeachment] behind us,”

may be based on

an unfounded notion by Trump about how Congress works. no !

“First of all, a few smart, seasoned people in the White House wondered to us Wednesday night

if TRUMP actually believes this vote ended impeachment.

Of course, it didn’t.

This was a procedural vote that means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/white-house-aides-fear-trump-believes-house-vote-against-impeachment-means-its-never-going-to-happen-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=777
    Pish tosh...the old man is just trying to get under their skin, set 'em off, make 'em crazy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Because impeaching Trump at this stage is pointless. With a little over a year to go before the general elections, impeachment is not needed. The people will decide.
    That's not the point & never has been. They want to do Trump like (we) did Clinton:::brand him with that (I) iron.

Pelosi is just waiting for the correct moment, but, that moment is there & will be exercised. It's not (if) it's (when).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New revelation in Trump’s involvement in Stormy Daniels hush money payoff is an impeachable offense

the newly revealed texts messages and phone-calls between former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen and Trump aide Hope Hicks prove that the then-candidate was in the thick of it before the election.

“All the evidence is he knew.

There’s all these phone calls,

there are the checks.

There’s Michael Cohen’s testimony.

The evidence says the president was lying to the American people.”

“We now have somebody [Cohen] sitting in prison who has said over and over again and who, in fact, has recordings to back him up sort of saying this was all done at the behest of, in collaboration with, and for the benefit of Donald Trump,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/new-revelation-in-trumps-involvement-in-stormy-daniels-hush-money-payoff-is-an-impeachable-offense-cnn-panel/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=788

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems This Morning On Impeachment

Rep. Adam Schiff: “For the purposes of the law and cons ution where we are now is most accurately described as preliminary to a judicial proceeding.

And that judicial proceeding is a potential impeachment.

And I say that because, you know, what we ask of the Cons ution is, you know, what’s the function of how we describe something?

And right now the most important thing is to obtain the grand jury material, to see the evidence.

And the standard the court has set, that we have really set for the court, is are we preliminary to a potential impeachment?

And I believe that we are.

You know, where we’ll get to an impeachment, at least in my view, where we should get to the decision,

‘Okay, let’s indict the President, let’s impeach the President,’ is if we’re convinced that we can make the case.

And here, okay,

there’s no making the case to the cult of the President’s personality that is the Senate GOP,

but we should at least be able to make the case to the American people.

And I’d like to see the evidence so

I’m confident that we can do that before we say we’re ready to charge the President of the United States.”

====================

Rep. Jerry Nadler:

“We’re not trying to have it both ways. We said exactly what we are doing.

We are investigating the question of — we’re investigating

the corruptions of the administration,

the abuses of power,

what Mueller showed,

the possible violations of the Emoluments Clause,

all the things that might cause us to recommend articles from impeachment.

There are articles of impeachment that have been recommended to the committee.

And we are investigating and determining whether we should report those articles to the House.

That’s exactly what we’re doing….

And we’re going to court get more evidence.”

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/dems-this-morning-on-impeachment?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tpm-news+%28TPMNews%29

Dems must absolutely impeach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New revelation in Trump’s involvement in Stormy Daniels hush money payoff is an impeachable offense

the newly revealed texts messages and phone-calls between former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen and Trump aide Hope Hicks prove that the then-candidate was in the thick of it before the election.

there are the checks.

“We now have somebody [Cohen] sitting in prison who has said over and over again and who, in fact, has recordings to back him up sort of saying this was all done at the behest of, in collaboration with, and for the benefit of Donald Trump,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/new-revelation-in-trumps-involvement-in-stormy-daniels-hush-money-payoff-is-an-impeachable-offense-cnn-panel/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=788
    Actions before the election are not impeachable offenses. High crimes and misdemeanors specifically are about abuse of political power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actions before the election are not impeachable offenses. High crimes and misdemeanors specifically are about abuse of political power.
    That's not crystal clear.

The Cons utional Convention thought bribing electors was impeachable.

“Shall the man who has practiced corruption, and by that means procured his appointment in the first instance, be suffered to escape punishment by repeating his guilt?” he asked." George Mason

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

there are the checks.

& "the American people" understand about (bush). We all desire bush, strange bush, like "we" understood about Clinton gettin' his bush right beneath where his ax-handle ass wife slept. & you Dems, bouts, you understood...

Us:::"He lied."
    You:::"But it was about sex."
    Us:::"But, he lied."
    You:::"But, it's about sex."
    on & on.

Clinton almost got away with lying there. He didn't know chubby cheeks would double cross him like that.

bush

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dems must absolutely impeach
    Unfortunately they're gonna get to it. Pelosi is playing it coy & precious. She knows precisely what she is doing. & we're going to have to take it when it comes. It won't be like when Clinton got it. Media rallied round him, made it OK, kept him whole & Presidential. They'll do the old man different & it won't be pretty to the Base. It'll be pure majesty to the haters. They'll be in their glory.

Like I alluded to in another post:::an allotment of this is materiel still left over from what we did to Clinton. Sure, the lion's share is punishment for interloping, especially (a stranger) off the street like that, but, a healthy portion is afforded to be righteous over Clinton.
    The low down is they'll tack his scalp upon their tee pee lodge pole where it will hang ever more. Media ain't gonna be so forgetting as they are with Clinton scalp up there. & bless their "free press" hearts, they've been setting Bill & Hillary up for quite a while. It'll be necessary because you can't beat the old man's big rump in the town square without having Clinton's big rump getting Jap flagged at the same time. So, he'll be drawn & quartered with the old man.

I dread it like old age, but, like old age I ain't got nary choice.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mueller Report Is An Evidence Summary, Not The Evidence

REP. ADAM SCHIFF:

I’m not sure what more we could’ve done.

Of course, you know,

Bill Barr withheld the Mueller report as long as he could. He put out that misleading summary.

He wanted the narrative baked in as long as possible.

And this is the same reason why it took so long to get Bob Mueller,

it’s taking so long to get Don McGahn and other witnesses.

The Mueller report, the American people have to recognize,

the Mueller report is not the evidence, it’s a summary of the evidence.

And maybe I’m just an old prosecutor, but I’d like to see the evidence.

I’d like to hear from the witnesses before we make a decision about charging the president.

And so I think where we are is probably most accurately described as

preliminary to a judicial proceeding,

that proceeding being a potential impeachment.

But we should see the evidence.

And we’re just starting to.

And yes, it’s taken too long, but that has largely been by the design of the president.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/07...iticus+USA+%29

Trash and Barr clearly know that the "evidence" is disastrous for sicko Trash's fantasy world

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Mueller Report Is An Evidence Summary, Not The Evidence

REP. ADAM SCHIFF:

I’m not sure what more we could’ve done.

Of course, you know,

Bill Barr withheld the Mueller report as long as he could. He put out that misleading summary.

He wanted the narrative baked in as long as possible.

And this is the same reason why it took so long to get Bob Mueller,

it’s taking so long to get Don McGahn and other witnesses.

The Mueller report, the American people have to recognize,

the Mueller report is not the evidence, it’s a summary of the evidence.

And maybe I’m just an old prosecutor, but I’d like to see the evidence.

I’d like to hear from the witnesses before we make a decision about charging the president.

And so I think where we are is probably most accurately described as

preliminary to a judicial proceeding,

that proceeding being a potential impeachment.

But we should see the evidence.

And we’re just starting to.

And yes, it’s taken too long, but that has largely been by the design of the president.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/07...iticus+USA+%29

Trash and Barr clearly know that the "evidence" is disastrous for sicko Trash's fantasy world
    Loading Barr was THE flash of genius by the old man. I scalded him at the time. Said he was a Tired Old Bag who would do him damnable dirt. Said he should walk-a-way from him, but, I was dead wrong. He got out in front of that Mule report & we've never HAD to look back.

That's the (wet work) I've been referencing, bouts. & nobody does it like the old man.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump’s collusion with Russia is now a topic for impeachment — along with obstruction and racism

President Donald Trump’s interactions with Russia are now a topic of the impeachment investigation.

“There was an important development in support for impeachment proceedings in the House of Representatives today,”

“Important both in who the new support comes from and what that support is based on.”

“Congresswoman Lauren Underwood of Illinois is one of the freshmen Democrats who flipped a Republican district last year in winning her election.

She brings the total number of House

Democrats supporting impeachment now to 126 — a majority of the Democrats’ 235 members of the House,

“She is the first member of the House to issue a public statement in support of impeachment based entirely on Volume I of the Mueller Report.

it is the largely ignored Volume I in the impeachment process that describes the Russian attack on our election and the Trump campaign’s cooperation with Russian interests in the Trump campaign,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/watch-trumps-collusion-with-russia-is-now-a-topic-for-impeachment-along-with-obstruction-and-racism/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dale, you're responding to a spambot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's ok, Dale is a cheerbot

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump’s collusion with Russia is now a topic for impeachment — along with obstruction and racism

President Donald Trump’s interactions with Russia are now a topic of the impeachment investigation.

“There was an important development in support for impeachment proceedings in the House of Representatives today,”

“Important both in who the new support comes from and what that support is based on.”

“Congresswoman Lauren Underwood of Illinois is one of the freshmen Democrats who flipped a Republican district last year in winning her election.

She brings the total number of House

Democrats supporting impeachment now to 126 — a majority of the Democrats’ 235 members of the House,

“She is the first member of the House to issue a public statement in support of impeachment based entirely on Volume I of the Mueller Report.

it is the largely ignored Volume I in the impeachment process that describes the Russian attack on our election and the Trump campaign’s cooperation with Russian interests in the Trump campaign,”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/08/watch-trumps-collusion-with-russia-is-now-a-topic-for-impeachment-along-with-obstruction-and-racism/
    If we turn out our 199 votes in the House, they'll have to garner 200 of their 235. Have they got that 200?

Maybe.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dale, you're responding to a spambot.
    It's ok, Dale is a cheerbot
    Gives me a chance to exercise my spleen, dump my bile.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DOJ obstructs House impeachment inquiry – asks federal court to block release of Mueller Grand Jury files

In a stunning move Attorney General Bill Barr’s Dept of Justice

late Friday afternoon

filed a 40-page brief with a federal court,

declaring the House Judiciary Committee’s impeachment inquiry is not an impeachment inquiry,

in an attempt to block release of files related to the Mueller probe.

It appears to be an unprecedented act, in which

the top law enforcement agency is attempting to block Congress from carrying out its cons utional duties.

The DOJ is attempting to block the release of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s grand jury files

House Democrats have frequently said they cannot make an impeachment decision without the underlying materials from Mueller’s exhaustive investigation.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/doj-obstructs-house-impeachment-inquiry-asks-federal-court-to-block-release-of-mueller-grand-jury-files-report/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1453&re cip_id=298460&list_id=1

So the DoJ (Executive branch) decides what Congress can impeach or not?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more high quality from just another bag Repug

Kellyanne Conway:

It’s uncons utional for Democrats to ’embarrass this president’ with impeachment

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/kellyanne-conway-its-uncons utional-for-democrats-to-embarrass-this-president-with-impeachment/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=1457&re cip_id=298460&list_id=1

Where does Cons utional law outlaw embarrassment?
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-15-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if Mueller's 9 or so obstructions weren't enough for feckless Dems

Ex-GOP Rep Says Corey Lewandowski Just Gave Dems The First Article Of Impeachment Against Trump

he also provided, though, Chris, was confirmation today clearly amidst all the circus … that

the president of the United States instructed him to commit obstruction of justice.

Lewandowski impugned himself.

In that written transcript,

we will see he impugned his word to Mueller and the committee,

and we saw that through the staff counsel’s questioning at the end of the day.

the president’s former campaign manager began to implode little by little.

By the end of the chaotic testimony, Lewandowski demonstrated that he is nothing but another Trump shill who will do anything – even obstruct justice – to please his former boss.

As a result, not only are Democrats on the verge of holding Lewandowski in contempt, but they have fresh ammunition in their ongoing impeachment investigation.

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/09/17/ex-gop-rep-corey-lewandowski-dems-article-impeachment-trump.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&u tm_campaign=Feed%3A+politicususa%2FfJAl+%28Politic us+USA+%29

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jon Favreau
    ✔@jonfavs

Trump is seeking foreign assistance to win another election

but House Democrats are reluctant to impeach him

because they’re afraid it will help him win another election.

Makes a lot of sense!

11:03 AM - Sep 20, 2019

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Pelosi dead set against it, hard to see how impeachment will ever happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will not public does not want it
    Congress knows. Democracts candidates for president suck

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As L Tribe pointed out, impeachment doesn't have to go to the Senate

I guess she thinks removal from office is impossible, so she won't move.

A ridiculously long articles of impeachment, with the House voting Trash guilty, would very probably bring out the Dem vote and maybe even get Repug voters to stay home.

At least, Trash's legacy in House archives would be -stained forever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guess we will get to find out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing what 3 days will do

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bout ing time

the STAIN

Thread Information