Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two weeks prior to his inauguration, Trump was given a classified briefing alerting him to Russia cyber-attacking the USA to influence an election. Trump was given as much info as possible - without - the Intelligence Agencies spilling the beans on any incriminating evidence on Trump himself (or his staff). Trump was properly advised on where we stood as a nation and given the courtesy as Commander in Chief that the entire Intelligence Community was unanimous in their preliminary findings.

Think of that for a minute.

You are the incoming president and you are given this info - what do you do?
    It is your duty to take action. To protect America. Your duty to serve this country and coordinate with the IA's and do the same thing that Obama/Bush/Clinton - anyone - would have done.

So what did Trump do? What did he do when briefed on an attack by a foreign adversary?

He immediately gave aid and comfort and cover - to the attackers.
    He went on the attack. Against the IA's. Against America. Against truth. Against law enforcement. Against the public servants that are faithfully serving this country.
    He called it a hoax, a witch hunt.

Did Trump immediately set up a cyber force to protect against further attacks? Or any other number of steps that any other president would have followed up on.

Lastly, what if an innocent man were the incoming president who had just been briefed by the IA's - what would an innocent man do, aside from taking steps to protect the country? How would an innocent man act if he were given the info about the cyber-attack?

Imagine Trump had immediately condemned Russia. Imagine he had immediately called his entire staff and announced to the press that he has just ordered all his staff to assist - in any way - with this investigation. Imagine he had said - an attack on America is an attack on everyone - and we will get through this.
    Imagine he had said to Putin- this will not stand - and our Intelligence professionals will get to the bottom of this and they have my support 100%.
    So do you think that President-elect Trump had more info than sitting President Obama? All these things you say Trump knew about and did/didn't do - what did Obama do with the information he had? That's right - NOTHING. Did you hear a peep out of him? Did he sound any alarms/take any steps? Yet he's on video saying many times that elections are local/not centralized and no foreign actor can change a single vote. Kindly subs ute Obama for Trump in your above post and see how that sounds. Maybe you just can't accept the fact that Donald Trump, the moron, was duly elected President of the United States.

Except for WH, all you posters out there who claim to be in middle/not on either side, where are the questions for Spurs Homer? If a conservative ever posted such information (from the other view), you'd be all over him. Just goes to show that there really isn't anyone in the middle - you'all lean one way or the other.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "what did Obama do with the information he had? That's right - NOTHING"

You're (always) full of .

Obama had the Congressional leaders to the WH to discuss Russian meddling, and maybe even FBI's investigation of Trash, etc.

He wanted bi-partisan agreement to go public.

McC said no.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "what did Obama do with the information he had? That's right - NOTHING"

You're (always) full of .

Obama had the Congressional leaders to the WH to discuss Russian meddling, and maybe even FBI's investigation of Trash, etc.

He wanted bi-partisan agreement to go public.

McC said no.

Like the President can't override the Senate Majority Leader - must be McC who is the leader, who is responsible for our safety, who is responsible for foreign affairs, ... - give me a break - he didn't say anything because he (like everyone else) thought that Hillary would win and it wouldn't matter in the end and didn't want to give the appearance of "tipping the scale" - so he kept silent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what did Obama do with the information he had? That's right - NOTHING. Did you hear a peep out of him? Did he sound any alarms/take any steps?
    allegedly, he tried, but failing to get support from Mitch McConnell, refrained. without bipartisan cover it might have looked liked electoral interference.

Former Vice President Joe Biden says he and President Barack Obama decided not to speak out publicly on Russian interference during the 2016 campaign after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refused to sign a bipartisan statement condemning the Kremlin's role.
    McConnell's office disputed Biden's account, as reported by Politico, "pointing to a letter signed by all four congressional leaders in September 2016 and sent to the president of the National Association of State Election Directors, urging cybersecurity precautions in light of reports of attempted hacking."

"That missive, however, did not address Russia specifically, or the larger topic of influence beyond voting systems," Politico writes.

The former vice president's account echoes reporting that first appeared in The Washington Post in Junedescribing a meeting that occurred the same month between Obama's Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson, then-FBI Director James Comey, Homeland Security adviser Lisa Monaco and 12 key members of Congress.

In the meeting, the Post reports:

"The Dems were, 'Hey, we have to tell the public,' " recalled one participant. But Republicans resisted, arguing that to warn the public that the election was under attack would further Russia's aim of sapping confidence in the system.
    ... McConnell (R-Ky.) went further, officials said, voicing skepticism that the underlying intelligence truly supported the White House's claims. Through a spokeswoman, McConnell declined to comment, citing the secrecy of that meeting.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...n-interference

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the President can't override the Senate Majority Leader - must be McC who is the leader, who is responsible for our safety, who is responsible for foreign affairs, ... - give me a break - he didn't say anything because he (like everyone else) thought that Hillary would win and it wouldn't matter in the end and didn't want to give the appearance of "tipping the scale" - so he kept silent.
    shouldn't the president be concerned to avoid even the appearance of tipping the scale?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Only the latter reason matters. Too bad the Republicans played politics with the integrity of the elections -- but your guy won so you'll never care about that.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he didn't say anything because he (like everyone else) thought that Hillary would win and it wouldn't matter in the end and didn't want to give the appearance of "tipping the scale" - so he kept silent.
    Yep, and your hyperpartisan dumb ass would have been right there screaming about it if he had said something.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama and his team were a lot more astute politically than you.

What the would Repugs, and Trash, do with

Dem Obama announcing, unilaterally, against McC's position, that Repug Trash was being investigated for his Russian connections and that the Russians were intervening to damage Dem Hillary?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not reasonable to presume that just because no public statement other than the bipartisan letter to state election boards in September was made, that Obama did nothing. Had any counter-intelligence effort been mounted at the time, we would not have heard of it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's odd that you think you know what side I'm on. because I am against Donald Trump does not mean I am for the other side.

there can be more than two sides in politics.

That is what pisses me off. They assume anyone not bowing to Trump was all out HRC or something. I really didn't care who the Dem's nominated in 2016. I thought that Bernie followers were more hard core than HRC supporters and there might be a problem with his followers voting for her in the General. I felt that had Bernie won the nomination he would had had no problem securing her followers to vote for him. Hillary had the Obama's and anyone else you could think of trying to get their support.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So do you think that President-elect Trump had more info than sitting President Obama? All these things you say Trump knew about and did/didn't do - what did Obama do with the information he had? That's right - NOTHING. Did you hear a peep out of him? Did he sound any alarms/take any steps? Yet he's on video saying many times that elections are local/not centralized and no foreign actor can change a single vote. Kindly subs ute Obama for Trump in your above post and see how that sounds. Maybe you just can't accept the fact that Donald Trump, the moron, was duly elected President of the United States.

Except for WH, all you posters out there who claim to be in middle/not on either side, where are the questions for Spurs Homer? If a conservative ever posted such information (from the other view), you'd be all over him. Just goes to show that there really isn't anyone in the middle - you'all lean one way or the other.
    So much wrong here. Obama. Whataboutism.
    I'll humor you.

Think back to 2016-pre election: Obama is alerted that the IC (unanimously) has information on the Russian cyber-attack and a lot of smoke (some corroborated/some still uncorroborated) surrounding the Trump campaign being possibly involved. Possibly wittingly? Possibly unwittingly? The intel was alarming and Trump himself might be implicated - might be compromised. Obama had to weigh everything carefully. He instructed the heads of the IC to "do everything by the book."
    Obama knew the gravity and knew how any move he would/would not make would be heavily scrutinized.
    He stayed out of the way of the actual investigation - other than his "by the book" order - as he should have. He had faith that the IC would conduct a proper investigation and if it turned out that Trump was compromised - then the rule of law would prevail.

Obama decided to approach the leaders of Congress as has been reported and has been posted here by others - and ask them to present a united front. Not as Republicans or Democrats - but as Americans. Mitch McConnell refused and even stated he would accuse Obama of helping Hillary and refused to go along with a statement to the public that the Russians had attacked the election and that Americans might be implicated.

Remember Trump and his "rigged election" threats? Remember the nazi rallies and chants? Do you honestly think that if Obama had announced this without the Republican leaders on board that white America would not have lost their mind? Do you?

Do you think that after Trump had howled "rigged election" and Mitch McConnell had stayed silent that the narrative would have been "Obama rigs election to help HRC?"

Stop repeating this lie that Obama did nothing and ask yourself what if Trump were sitting president and Obama and Russia were the ones in bed? What then? You would not even bother to ask "what did Trump do? Trump did nothing!"

At least give your country and the Intelligence professionals the common courtesy of the benefit of the doubt instead of automatically giving every benefit of the doubt to a lying corrupt untrustworthy s bag - only because of the color of his skin (orange - lol).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much wrong here. Obama. Whataboutism.
    I'll humor you.

Think back to 2016-pre election: Obama is alerted that the IC (unanimously) has information on the Russian cyber-attack and a lot of smoke (some corroborated/some still uncorroborated) surrounding the Trump campaign being possibly involved. Possibly wittingly? Possibly unwittingly? The intel was alarming and Trump himself might be implicated - might be compromised. Obama had to weigh everything carefully. He instructed the heads of the IC to "do everything by the book."
    Obama knew the gravity and knew how any move he would/would not make would be heavily scrutinized.
    He stayed out of the way of the actual investigation - other than his "by the book" order - as he should have. He had faith that the IC would conduct a proper investigation and if it turned out that Trump was compromised - then the rule of law would prevail.

Obama decided to approach the leaders of Congress as has been reported and has been posted here by others - and ask them to present a united front. Not as Republicans or Democrats - but as Americans. Mitch McConnell refused and even stated he would accuse Obama of helping Hillary and refused to go along with a statement to the public that the Russians had attacked the election and that Americans might be implicated.

Remember Trump and his "rigged election" threats? Remember the nazi rallies and chants? Do you honestly think that if Obama had announced this without the Republican leaders on board that white America would not have lost their mind? Do you?

Do you think that after Trump had howled "rigged election" and Mitch McConnell had stayed silent that the narrative would have been "Obama rigs election to help HRC?"

Stop repeating this lie that Obama did nothing and ask yourself what if Trump were sitting president and Obama and Russia were the ones in bed? What then? You would not even bother to ask "what did Trump do? Trump did nothing!"

At least give your country and the Intelligence professionals the common courtesy of the benefit of the doubt instead of automatically giving every benefit of the doubt to a lying corrupt untrustworthy s bag - only because of the color of his skin (orange - lol).
    Please, spare me your humor - I don't need it.

I am not the one who brought up the subject of a president (or president-elect) for their lack of action - I am pointing out the hypocrisy of you criticizing one but not the other - the same as with posters who claim to be independent/unbiased/in the middle not jumping all over you when they would over a conservative opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    odd that you feel SH went unquestioned in this thread, it's not the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Once a stupid racist , always a stupid racist .

Just die
    why don't you sit on a fork and spin?

you add nothing to the conversation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obama invited the Congressional leaders about the Russian meddling.

"deep state" Comey wrote a private letter to Nunes 11 days before the election about Huma's laptop/emails, that Nunes took public (unlike Obama and the Congressional leaders) that Nate Silver caused significant movement away from Hillary in PA, WI, MI to give Trash the EC by 80K votes.

So it was Comey and Nunes who elected Trash, illegitimately, after Pootin/Assange/Russian cyberarmy damaged Hillary's campaign all year.

And, also, Comey had already trashed Hillary in a heavily advertised national TV appearance, violating FBI protocol to keep his mouth shut if there were no indictment.

Trash's Presidency should be annulled and all the he has done annulled, as Robert Reich says. I fully agree.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 09-02-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only issue with any of this, is the decades long mantra from the people that think for these ignorant racist s.

There is a large segment of the population that has bought all of the narrative they’ve created. It’s going to take a lot of will to overcome the propaganda
    Yes, and FOX news is huge in delivering propaganda. I honestly will not be surprised if Hannity is implicated in crimes. Anyone who sees the volume of false propaganda that he generates leads any reasonable person to suspect that he has his hands pretty dirty in Trumps crimes.

A lot riding on Mueller's investigation. A whole lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering you have never answered one simple question, even though it’s been asked multiple times, you can spare any idea of your own insight.

When have the Dems ever governed in a manner the pubs have the last 8 years?
    During the presidency of Barack Obama.

Immigration, war and tax cuts are three notable similarities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amazing when one’s world view is shattered by one simple question they go silent.
    lol some people have real lives.

see you later, I'm off to hang with the grandkid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Trump (and FOX news) do this, they do it with the knowledge that there are citizens out there who will be aroused. Who will somehow swallow their labeling and use their own prejudices and false beliefs and make it their own beliefs. Some call it being brainwashed. Don't be one of them. Look at all the evidence and when you hear Hannity saying "msm this" and "msm/hate trump media that" - think to yourself: "hmm - Hannity makes a great living as a member of the media- in fact he makes millions - sounds like that is pretty main stream, huh?"
    this is assuming i watch fox news or hannity for that matter. i don't.

Would you be understanding if he was indicted/impeached/convicted/removed from office for high crimes?
    already answered this previously.

The typical I didn't vote for Trump or support anything he does, but I will jump to his defense any chance I get. Also most people aren't "emotionally wrecked" because Clinton lost, they are wrecked because that idiot is now representing us. Stop acting like people who don't support Trump are HRC die hard supporters, I voted for her because she was the last line of defense to stop this imbecile from becoming President. I would had voted for Mickey Mouse if I thought he would had had a better shot a beating Trump.
    funny because you voted for HRC. you might not want to admit it but i'm pretty sure a vote for HRC is an admission of being a die hard supporter. you can't say the same about trump and i though. lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember the nazi rallies and chants?
    this is where you lose me completely and i simply see you as another sheep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is where you lose me completely and i simply see you as another sheep.
    Nobody cares about your opinion of others, druggy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody cares about your opinion of others, druggy
    and no one cares that you're a got, got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    blake you're going on ignore from here on out... no need to waste time with sissy s like you anymore.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shouldn't the president be concerned to avoid even the appearance of tipping the scale?
    Not this president.
    His base wants payback for 8 years of Obama anyway they can get it.
    Vengeance does not follow agreed upon behavior. The (R) backing Trump are not concerned with lies, rules, and certainly not any sort of past accepted presidential behavior.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    context was Obama in 2016, but yeah

Thread Information