Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brandon Jennings should been granted Argentine citizenship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure he was the first to bring the euro step to the NBA though I am probably wrong about that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wade and AI b4 turnoboli?

One Bad Ass MoFo SouthTexasRancher's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard to really say where one stands in the greatness rankings but, in many ways it'd be hard to not include Manu. I know I'm glad he was a Spurs for the past two decades. When you think about all he has accomplished he is definitely a lock on the Hall of Fame. And, I'd love to see him back for one more season. He would be a real asset to the young guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's right too. Ray Allen basically Belinelli on Steroids. Manu was the main ball handler, most clutch, toughest player on not only the Spurs but also team Argies for years. Also has iconic moves and style, unlike RayRay and Reggie. Only Gervin has a more iconic move argubly, and that's even arguable considering more players practice the EuroStep than the finger roll. And lol @ Jerry West fat old slug. That's like saying Bob Cousy is comparable to modern players

Also Reggie >> RayRay. Reggie almost won a ring if it wasn't for the Knicks and Bulls and he never had to ring chase to get his. He carried even as an old man

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the real ranking is like this

MJ

Then Oscar Schmidt

Then Manu

Then Kobe

Then ill put Isaiah Thomas the First as number five even tho he is a point.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is easy to forget non NBA players, but Oscar was cool

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is a top 10 maybe top 5 SG all - time. No way has he had a better or more impactful NBA career than Reggie Miller (ewww), Allen Iverson or Joe Dumars.

Talent/skill wise he is in all their league, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty sure he was the first to bring the euro step to the NBA though I am probably wrong about that.
    I've never seen or heard of anyone use that move. It's all Manu. Now every kid on the playground has it (but credits Harden )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wade and AI b4 turnoboli?
    AI for sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Iguodala is a piece of , tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no. Iverson is a worse player than Manu on pretty much every aspect of the game. I don't care if he averaged 30 points per game on 29 shots, he's not on Manu's level.

3pt shooting? Manu.
    Passing? Manu.
    Defense? Manu.
    Rebounding? Manu.
    Blocking? Manu.
    IQ? Manu.
    Leadership? Manu.

Forcing your coach to play you 45 minutes per game to get a lot of shots up and average a high pts total on ty efficiency? Iverson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol no. Iverson is a worse player than Manu on pretty much every aspect of the game. I don't care if he averaged 30 points per game on 29 shots, he's not on Manu's level.

3pt shooting? Manu.
    Passing? Manu.
    Defense? Manu.
    Rebounding? Manu.
    Blocking? Manu.
    IQ? Manu.
    Leadership? Manu.

Forcing your coach to play you 45 minutes per game to get a lot of shots up and average a high pts total on ty efficiency? Iverson.
    You must be too young to remember AI destroying the league with no help. I'll take prime AI on my team over prime Manu every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hustle? Heart? Leadership?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    really depends on the measurement but out of the top 5 is a hard sell.. From an overall skillset standpoint he was the GOAT, nobody ever has had such a complete arsenal, at any position. Overall he's probably #2 sg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone ranking Reggie Miller over Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have to consider the whole body of work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu won at every level

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How you view the question. Ray Allen and Pumpkinking were better shooters. Manu player better Defense and could create and finish at the rim at a higher level.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still when people think Iverson is a great though, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of these guys, Miller, Allen, AI were featured players on their team. Imagine Manu as a featured player on a team, not a guy who had to take a back seat to TD and often Parker. His star would have been even brighter. Personally n the clutch I’d take Manu over every SH but MJ. And he wasn’t a birch, head case or prima donna like many of them.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

fitting...

No. 20 just had a more complete package over guys like Reggie or Ray Allen. Game winning drawn charges. Game winning blocks. Game winning steals. Game winning assists. Game winning baskets. Clutch steals off of inbounds plays. That was Manu simply being one step ahead of most other NBA players. His talent, his vision, fiery compe iveness and heart are legendary. He still owns one of the winningest percentages in NBA history - and with game winning plays like those in the vid it's undoubtedly clear why the Spurs' big 3 was as successful as they were over that stretch of time. If Duncan was a quasar, Ginobili was an unheralded superstar... Tony being a whirling black hole that sucked all defenders to him
    Last edited by Phenomanul; 08-18-2018 at 10:34 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

3pt shooting? Manu.
    Passing? Manu.
    Defense? Manu.
    Rebounding? Manu.
    Blocking? Manu.
    IQ? Manu.
    Leadership? Manu.

A little short sided. There is an argument but Manu never had to carry the load AI did. Manu was a swiss army knife for a championship team but AI was unstoppable for the first 6 years of his career. Hard to compare but AI with some help during those years like a Prime Duncan might've dominated like Kobe and Shaq too.

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A little short sided. There is an argument but Manu never had to carry the load AI did. Manu was a swiss army knife for a championship team but AI was unstoppable for the first 6 years of his career. Hard to compare but AI with some help during those years like a Prime Duncan might've dominated like Kobe and Shaq too.
    Or AI would've been too shortsighted to feed Duncan's strengths effectively freezing him out as he was prone to do with his own bigmen Dikembe or Theo Ratliff.

Thread Information