College
    UCLA Bruins
    I think this Joker movie could be good tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Unlike that generic Disney/Marvel that's made for adolescents and man children, this actually looks interesting. Visuals looks like there's some actual artistry involved and Joaquin Phoenix seems to be acting his ass off. The fact that this is rated R and not connected to any corny comic universe has me interested.
    Joaquin’s acting + depression angle can make this movie very interesting.
    It looks like this movie will be more about our society than the Joker himself

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    As with just about everything else with the Ledger version of the character, nothing is going to top his Joker's non-origin story -- but life goes on. I'm fine with non-continuity and not sharing a universe in every movie. It works well with the DC animated movies (although the only Superman story they can seem to tell is killing him one way or another) and thank God I don't have to see Jared Leto as the main character.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Unlike that generic Disney/Marvel that's made for adolescents and man children, this actually looks interesting. Visuals looks like there's some actual artistry involved and Joaquin Phoenix seems to be acting his ass off. The fact that this is rated R and not connected to any corny comic universe has me interested.
    This tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    thank God I don't have to see Jared Leto as the main character.
    This for sure.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    As with just about everything else with the Ledger version of the character, nothing is going to top his Joker's non-origin story -- but life goes on. I'm fine with non-continuity and not sharing a universe in every movie. It works well with the DC animated movies (although the only Superman story they can seem to tell is killing him one way or another) and thank God I don't have to see Jared Leto as the main character.
    If anyone can match Ledger's Joker..it's Phoenix.

He seems to specialize on psychotic and maniacal characters and does them well.

Actually this movie promises greatness. We'll get to see the Joker before he was the Joker so it will be interesting to see him descent into the madness we know.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    There's no one else I'd rather see as the Joker now. Phoenix can play crazy without going over the top too much.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    There's no one else I'd rather see as the Joker now. Phoenix can play crazy without going over the top too much.
    His forced therapy laugh in that cabaret was creepy as

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I kind of mentally did that exercise as well and concluded the same.

That being said, Ledger's name wouldn't have crossed my mind in TDK.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What if prior to release J. Phoenix commits suicide by Ambien like Heath Ledger did

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    What if prior to release J. Phoenix commits suicide by Ambien like Heath Ledger did
    He’d get nominated for an Oscar.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Warner seems to finally be getting its act together with DC now that the suits lowered their financial expectations somewhat and aren't demanding a copy of the MCU. They're going to be running like seven different universes between movies and TV and no one cares. Tried out the streaming service during an 80 cent promotion -- it's off to good start.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Warner seems to finally be getting its act together with DC now that the suits lowered their financial expectations somewhat and aren't demanding a copy of the MCU. They're going to be running like seven different universes between movies and TV and no one cares. Tried out the streaming service during an 80 cent promotion -- it's off to good start.
    What streaming service is that?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    What streaming service is that?
    DC Universe.

Unless there's another deal like I got, I'd wait a couple months til you can binge the whole season of Doom Patrol which has been really great. It's as crazy as the source material. ans is OK but tries too hard and the new Swamp Thing looks promising. They also have a lot of the animated features and series in one place along with restored versions of the cheesy 70s series and movies. Won't be worth an ongoing subscription unless you want to read the comic archive too, but I'll sign up to binge series once or twice a year.
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 04-08-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    He’d get nominated for an Oscar.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    DC Universe.

Unless there's another deal like I got, I'd wait a couple months til you can binge the whole season of Doom Patrol which has been really great. It's as crazy as the source material. ans is OK but tries too hard and the new Swamp Thing looks promising. They also have a lot of the animated features and series in one place along with restored versions of the cheesy 70s series and movies. Won't be worth an ongoing subscription unless you want to read the comic archive too, but I'll sign up to binge series once or twice a year.
    Interesting- don’t know how I missed that. I’m not really a tv person. I like movies.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I’m really excited about this and I don’t want to watch too many more trailers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    acting like it being rated R is a magic potion to make it good. Not saying it won’t work, but a good movie is a good movie regardless of rating.

it’s not good unless someone says a few times

it’s directed by Todd Phillips, it’s probably going to suck ass regardless of an R rating or if it’s a G rated kids movie.
    that is a weird choice for director.

The streaming shows might as well have been written by Scorsese with all the F-bombs they have.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Phoenix is such a gifted actor that I have the utmost faith in him giving everything he has which alone is usually good enough.

The cinematography already looks beautiful.

The arch makes sense.

I’m not a huge comic book guy, so I don’t have the Joker “unclear backstory” issue that many seem to have. I do think going with the complexity of the question of empathy for people who do bad things makes for something interesting.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Baylor Bears

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I think I'm actually looking forward to this, especially since it has a lower budget and doesn't look like it has any ties to the other DC movies. Joaquin Phoenix and Todd Phillips seem pretty adamant that they don't consider this a comic book movie, but more a character study.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Rupert Pupkin sighting.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This movie will be a cult classic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Baylor Bears
    This movie will be a cult classic.
    https://movieweb.com/joker-movie-rea...3wJHPRWzJwXQdU

First reviews are in. Apparently it’s amazing.

Thread Information