San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    kkkoriwhat melting down

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    kkkoriwhat melting down
    ^^^ just another got tooting his/her/its/them/they horn.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    ^^^ just another got tooting his/her/its/them/they horn.
    eh eh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    not a fan of comic book movies but props to dc for taking a risk. they can't compete with an avengers type movie anytime soon... it's actually really smart for them to make one off films. even if this has sequels, that's fine too.

just make good movies. people will pay for this joker and pay for a different joker in a modern era. never saw suicide squad and never will but that joker is ing awful. dc should cut that asap. luckily for dc, affleck is out

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    From what I’ve seen, this movie looks pretty clearly ghost directed by Scorsese, with Todd Phillips just doing whatever Marty told him to. Which is probably why it doesn’t appear to suck.
    Yeah, you can see every loner De Niro movie rolled up in there, but Scorsese has just been remaking Goodfellas for 30 years so this isn't bad.
    Last edited by Pavlov; 09-05-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I'm going to wait a few weeks and let the incels do their thing before I see this in theaters.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I can't wait to see what new direction DC tries to take after this bombs

Even if the movie is good it'll be unlikely the crowd shifts numbers wise bc it's critically acclaimed and artsy due to the long term DC consistency of sucking. Meanwhile the non comic artsy type fan isn't going to show up in droves either, i dont think. We'll see.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    I can't wait to see what new direction DC tries to take after this bombs

Even if the movie is good it'll be unlikely the crowd shifts numbers wise bc it's critically acclaimed and artsy due to the long term DC consistency of sucking. Meanwhile the non comic artsy type fan isn't going to show up in droves either, i dont think. We'll see.
    There is no way in that this $55 million Joker movie is going to bomb. At all.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    There is no way in that this $55 million Joker movie is going to bomb. At all.
    Never know. It's DC do they really deserve benefit of the doubt?

What box office level will be considered success with that type of budget? And does this lead them to continue making movies like this? Would be nice if DC tried doing their own thing instead of a fake ham fisted mcu rip off.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

What box office level will be considered success with that type of budget? And does this lead them to continue making movies like this? Would be nice if DC tried doing their own thing instead of a fake ham fisted mcu rip off.
    The last two DC movies have been stand-alone projects. One was a modest success and the other was a home run. Joker cost basically nothing to make and has major buzz, even on the festival circuit. It's projected to do better in the states than Shazam! which would make it a solid success not even counting the foreign market.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The last two DC movies have been stand-alone projects. One was a modest success and the other was a home run. Joker cost basically nothing to make and has major buzz, even on the festival circuit. It's projected to do better in the states than Shazam! which would make it a solid success not even counting the foreign market.
    The R rating hurts it internationally. Specially in China where the bulk of the money would come from.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    The R rating hurts it internationally. Specially in China where the bulk of the money would come from.
    If it makes half as much as Logan or Deadpool did overseas, it will be just fine.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If it makes half as much as Logan or Deadpool did overseas, it will be just fine.
    Oh I have no doubt it will be just fine. More than

This movie is fixing to make thrice as much as it cost to make. I'm already a fan and I haven't even seen it yet.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    Not only has the initial critical reception been positive, but it's the ing Joker. Logan made $619 million*. Joker will easily match that or surpass it.

Edit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    If DC starts making good movies not based on batman and superman origin stories I'm all for it.

I'll wait for Joker to come to Prime video.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

From what I understand, this will be labeled as DC Black or some . Future movies they do under that label will be in the same vein... one-off stories that are a little more adult oriented and have nothing to do with other DC movies. That way they could still bring back Jared Leto's ty ass Joker at some point (if they really wanted to) and not contradict anything.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    From what I understand, this will be labeled as DC Black or some . Future movies they do under that label will be in the same vein... one-off stories that are a little more adult oriented and have nothing to do with other DC movies. That way they could still bring back Jared Leto's ty ass Joker at some point (if they really wanted to) and not contradict anything.
    LOL imagine 70 year old washed up rock star Jared Leto as the joker in a DC re-telling of Anne Rice's "Queen of the Damned"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    The film might be good and I get that it might be a one-off. But it’s another curious casting job by DC. Henry Cavill “looked” the part. Ben Affleck had a big Hollywood name. Joaquin is an established method actor who’s also really ing weird in real life. But how are you making an origin movie with a guy in his mid 40s? It’d make some sense if Phoenix was like 30 years old. Now, seems odd. One of the very real problems DC suffered from was their casting decisions, from day 1.

If they weren’t spending $300 million to make a huge production, it would have been nice to see them take this “dark” angle with a younger, maybe a little more interesting actor. Bill Skarsgard would have been intriguing imo. That’s not to say Phoenix couldn’t play the part. As an origin story, I’m just curious about the casting decision.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Baylor Bears
    The film might be good and I get that it might be a one-off. But it’s another curious casting job by DC. Henry Cavill “looked” the part. Ben Affleck had a big Hollywood name. Joaquin is an established method actor who’s also really ing weird in real life. But how are you making an origin movie with a guy in his mid 40s? It’d make some sense if Phoenix was like 30 years old. Now, seems odd. One of the very real problems DC suffered from was their casting decisions, from day 1.

If they weren’t spending $300 million to make a huge production, it would have been nice to see them take this “dark” angle with a younger, maybe a little more interesting actor. Bill Skarsgard would have been intriguing imo. That’s not to say Phoenix couldn’t play the part. As an origin story, I’m just curious about the casting decision.
    Because they needed a name. After Ledger’s performance they needed a big name. Couldn’t risk another flop like Leto

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So, this just won the hipster's movie awards for best picture. The hype is real.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So, this just won the hipster's movie awards for best picture. The hype is real.
    If it's got all that scorcese stuff going for it that's not surprising at all

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Houston Rockets
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    That was wild

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm going to wait a few weeks and let the incels do their thing before I see this in theaters.
    Yeah waiting until the theaters stop paying for extra security before you go sounds like the right plan.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Only seeing this pos if chump dumper likes it even then I'll watch at home

Thread Information