Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Well, that was a very entertaining first round of this season's knock-out stages. A lot of second-leg come-back things and some genuinely thrilling football. The passes Messi plays still are underrated, I guess. Great headers by Ronaldo too. And Bayern seem to be at a crossroads after this season: Are domestic les and rather second-rate showings in the CL enough or do they want more and are willing to spend some bigger money?

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    And Bayern seem to be at a crossroads after this season: Are domestic les and rather second-rate showings in the CL enough or do they want more and are willing to spend some bigger money?
    Management already threw the season away when they let Robbery have a goodbye tour

Expect more bargain shopping.

Reality: Boateng, Muller and Neuer need to be upgraded. Javi is declining fast.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Mane is absolutely relentless. Stealing passes, never stops.

Messi was dominant. He forced his team forward at 2-1.
    It got shaky and he made them play.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Mane is absolutely relentless. Stealing passes, never stops.

Messi was dominant. He forced his team forward at 2-1.
    It got shaky and he made them play.

Mane has been on fire lately.

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    If VARcelona is gonna get this kind of calls, just hand them the trophy right now.

Defender plants his foot on the pitch first, Suarez forces contact by stepping on defender's foot, flops like a fish out of water, penalty. Only VARcelona

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I thought the same after watching it yesterday. Bad call but not surprised.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    I thought the same after watching it yesterday. Bad call but not surprised.
    If VARcelona is gonna get this kind of calls, just hand them the trophy right now.

Defender plants his foot on the pitch first, Suarez forces contact by stepping on defender's foot, flops like a fish out of water, penalty. Only VARcelona

Coming from all the absolute bull and housery Madrid had been getting away with for years and offside goals I’m sure you guys were okay with all of those.

But yes, one iffy call in a 5-1 drubbing and its Varcelona when you conveniently forget the Uefadrid years

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Barca played one of the worst teams left in the compe ion and still struggled at home until the 80 min mark

Now watch midget and company draw Ajax or Porto and have another easy round on their way to the semis.
    Madrid had one of the easiest draws in history in 2016, and the 2016 Euros were one of the easiest brackets of the past 30 years.

Barca literally just had the hardest group in the entire CL but yes, they always get easy draws

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Coming from all the absolute bull and housery Madrid had been getting away with for years and offside goals I’m sure you guys were okay with all of those.

But yes, one iffy call in a 5-1 drubbing and its Varcelona when you conveniently forget the Uefadrid years
    If the game was already 4-1 by the time Barca got the penalty, it wouldn't have made a difference but that wasn't the case, that was the opening goal. Up until that point it was still 0-0 in the 2nd leg of a KO stage, of course the 1-0 for Barca is gonna change the dynamic of the game and open up things for them. Barca was still struggling to score until the 80 min mark, who knows what happens if they had one less goal at that point and Lyon the upper hand.

Bottom line is Barca was offered the advantage in the eliminatory on a bad call. In previous seasons, there was at least the element of human error. Like Ronaldo's 2nd goal most likely wouldn't have stood if not for goal line technology. Now with VAR in place, there's absolutely no reason for bad calls like the barca penalty to still happen.

But that's VARcelona for you, even with human error out of the picture and the ability to review penalty calls, they still get bad calls to go their way

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Madrid had one of the easiest draws in history in 2016, and the 2016 Euros were one of the easiest brackets of the past 30 years.

Barca literally just had the hardest group in the entire CL but yes, they always get easy draws
    You alright man? It's the 3rd time you quote the same post

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    The agendas on here out of control.
    Just watch the games and enjoy them and if they are, crap call them crap
    Liverpool Juventus Barcelona and Manchester City had impressive games.

The only one I stopped watching was Manchester city.

Mane and sterling or two of the hardest working players in football.
    Credit to the coaches who keep them hungry.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    If the game was already 4-1 by the time Barca got the penalty, it wouldn't have made a difference but that wasn't the case, that was the opening goal. Up until that point it was still 0-0 in the 2nd leg of a KO stage, of course the 1-0 for Barca is gonna change the dynamic of the game and open up things for them. Barca was still struggling to score until the 80 min mark, who knows what happens if they had one less goal at that point and Lyon the upper hand.

Bottom line is Barca was offered the advantage in the eliminatory on a bad call. In previous seasons, there was at least the element of human error. Like Ronaldo's 2nd goal most likely wouldn't have stood if not for goal line technology. Now with VAR in place, there's absolutely no reason for bad calls like the barca penalty to still happen.

But that's VARcelona for you, even with human error out of the picture and the ability to review penalty calls, they still get bad calls to go their way
    I don't think it was a stonewall penalty at all, but Barca were ALL OVER Lyon in both legs. And the big teams are always going to get the calls. Madrid have been getting some insanely controversial CL moments go their way during the Zidane era. Barca obviously got away with murder against Chelsea in 2009.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    The agendas on here out of control.
    Just watch the games and enjoy them and if they are, crap call them crap
    Liverpool Juventus Barcelona and Manchester City had impressive games.

The only one I stopped watching was Manchester city.

Mane and sterling or two of the hardest working players in football.
    Credit to the coaches who keep them hungry.
    Add Bernardo Silva to that list. He runs and runs and runs and runs. And I've never seen him look tired.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Damn, is there a whinniest group of people than Spurstalk's Madrid fans?

Id like to see

Mancity vs Barca
    Juve vs Porto
    Liverpool vs Ajax
    Tottenham vs Man United

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Did anyone else know this year UEFA is doing BOTH the QF and Semi finals draw tomorrow at the same time? Like teams will be in brackets now for CL?

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...round=2000982/

Crazy, I preferred the old way.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Wait....there's VAR in CL but not Europa? WTF?

That second Arsenal goal clearly shouldn't have counted.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Did anyone else know this year UEFA is doing BOTH the QF and Semi finals draw tomorrow at the same time? Like teams will be in brackets now for CL?

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...round=2000982/

Crazy, I preferred the old way.
    Yah that's interesting. Helps with travel logistics I imagine.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Yah that's interesting. Helps with travel logistics I imagine.
    Lewandowski

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Now I understand why you dumped James. He's a luxury player, provided little creativity or service

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    This Pooropa League game between Prague and Sevilla was amazing

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Lol

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    Looks like it was made by a 10 year old using Word 95.

Midget's not playing city, that's how i know it's fake

Wtf. Thats wxactly my prediction

Check a few post above

Thread Information