Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Who? What a bush league hire.

I usually go with....give things some time.....but once in awhile it's just too obvious something just ain't working.

The guy has no fire, where was the emotion?

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    jimbos players not taggarts

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I usually go with....give things some time.....but once in awhile it's just too obvious something just ain't working.

The guy has no fire, where was the emotion?
    He looks out of his league. Career losing record coach and only a couple years of experience as HC of Big6 program

Spent all off season trying to become buddy buddy with the players. The cool, hip and happy coach. Everything that upright, high demanding old white guy Jimbo isn't.

Dumb decision to attempt that attack "with Jimbo's players". Very alarming Taggart coached them all off season and didn't realize their limitations.

Taggart looks like a good motivator and possibly even a figure head HC but play caller or decision maker looks like bad decision. His only chance to survive past 3 seasons at FSU is hire a high quality staff but based on assistant coach negotiations last off season - no one was really interested in joining him....

He looks out of his league. Career losing record coach and only a couple years of experience as HC of Big6 program

Spent all off season trying to become buddy buddy with the players. The cool, hip and happy coach. Everything that upright, high demanding old white guy Jimbo isn't.

Dumb decision to attempt that attack "with Jimbo's players". Very alarming Taggart coached them all off season and didn't realize their limitations.

Taggart looks like a good motivator and possibly even a figure head HC but play caller or decision maker looks like bad decision. His only chance to survive past 3 seasons at FSU is hire a high quality staff but based on assistant coach negotiations last off season - no one was really interested in joining him....

Ah, well....yep. yes. agree, ya got it., yep and yes.

Big mistake.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Sumlin 2.0

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I'm rooting for Jimbo/A&M. Your guys cupboard isn't empty, Jimbo is strong coach and the Aggies 12th Man. Clemson is confident.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

"Breaking barriers" they said. "Changing the culture" they said

Bowl streak in jeopardy
    Winning season streak in jeopardy

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/NoleGameday/status/982753921222479872

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who would have guessed LSU would look so strong and Nebraska, FSU and USC would look so weak?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    jimbos players not taggarts
    So Jimbo didn't recruit well?

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    So Jimbo didn't recruit well?
    not for the same system jimbos o line recruits are turrible

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    I'm a seller. He will get his 3 recruiting classes. Hope he leaves the cupboard full

Do I think given 6+ years Taggart can bring a Conference le to FSU - probably. But game attendance it projected down. New tax laws no longer include entertainment deduction.

- 4 games remaining. Taggart needs to win 2 in order to extend Bowl streak and Winning record streak
    - 0-2 versus rivals so far with Florida coming up. Jimbo owned our rivals
    - @ NC state and vs BC. Taggart should be able to handle that

Post Count
    Bump

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Willie Taggart,

3 matches remain. Picked the wrong QB in Game 1. The once proud SemiNoles. Won le in 2013. Ranked #3 just 18 months ago.

Show improvement......

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    5-7
    [ anic .jpg]

I'm gonna talk about Taggart later. This post is focused at FSU Football.

The year after winning the 2013 National le, which I attended @ Pasadena (and the ensuing Playoff lose the following season) the FSU football program changed the logo and uniforms. Nike did it.

A change labeled "tradition ignition" which resulted in black-outs and uniforms.

The FSU athletic department has set a precedent towards making the FSU product well rounded in all sports. Where as other conferences such as the SEC and Big10 focus on football and male.

5 seasons later FSU sports is making positive waves off the football field (classroom) + leIX and historically negative ones on the football field.

Taggart seems to need some on the job training and he likely won't be afforded that @ $5Million a Year and in the ACC @ FSU.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 12-05-2018 at 04:59 AM.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    10 quarterback recruits were offered.... None signed. Lost out to UNC, Ole Miss and Maryland for example.

FSU enters season with 1 QB under scholarship.

"Taggart the recruiter"
    Last edited by FrostKing; 02-06-2019 at 12:56 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    10 quarterback recruits were offered.... None signed. Lost out to UNC, Ole Miss and Maryland for example.

FSU enters season with 1 QB under scholarship.

"Taggart the recruiter"
    So who are they looking at in the transfer portal/ graduates?

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    So who are they looking at in the transfer portal/ graduates?
    They pulled a transfer from Louisville but that's it. Going into the season with 2 scholarship QB's. I give Taggert 2 more years and then I presume FSU will try to pull Venables from Clemson with a deep contract if he's still available at the time.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    FSU has lost twice in the last 15 years when leading by 18+ points. (Both Taggart)

5-8 record at FSU. 6 double digit defeats

"Taggart was hired by athletic director Stan Wilcox. Both he and the school’s basketball coach Leonard Hamilton are also Black, making Florida State University the only Football Bowl Subdivision School in the nation with all three key positions filled by Black men."

“In case that happens, I’m told FSU athletic director Stan Wilcox would like to land a minority coach if they needed a replacement. So keep an eye on Oregon’s Willie Taggart, former Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin, and South Florida’s Charlie Strong.”

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count

Bottomline
    9-12 overall (6 ACC wins)
    0-5 versus Rivals
    1 road conference win

22 Million dollars? One of the greatest coaching flops in D1 History. 2nd largest buyout (17M) to only Charlie Weis

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    RUMOR: Bob Stoops is walking thru that door

Coach in waiting approach with young protege in the wings. Possibly Briles. Same scenario as with Bowden & Jimbo a decade before.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Taggart's tenure at FSU

FSU missed multiple walkthroughs at road games and even had to stay in a hotel outside of town

Thread Information