Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I wouldn't put it past Bush that he was told there would be terrorist activity but America would stop it. Win win situation everyone happy.
    How well did you know Bush? Let me guess, you have no idea of any kind about anything pertaining to the guy. So why talk crap about people you know nothing about?

Bottom line

Freak ass Islamic idiots doing what they do. Then here come the...we didn't land n the Moon...Elvis is still alive.....Hitler was seen in South America.....hahahaha~~~~ Dude, stop it....ok?

Paul McCartney was dead, remember?
    Last edited by Avante; 09-11-2018 at 04:59 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    How well did you know Bush? Let me guess, you have no idea of any kind about anything pertaining to the guy. So why talk crap about people you know nothing about?

Bottom line

Feak ass Islamic idiots doing what they do. Then here come the...we didn't land n the Moon...Elvis is still alive.....Hitler was seen in South America.....hahahaha~~~~ Dude, stop it....ok?
    Lol and you know these terrorist you are slaming? At least they have the balls to sacrifice their own lives for what they believe

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lol and you know these terrorist you are slaming? At least they have the balls to sacrifice their own lives for what they believe
    I know what a terrorist is. yep.....killers. Now how many people had Bush killed?

Suicide bombers are re ed, mental cases.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Some people would say spending all your free time on a sports message board for a team that you don’t have interest in would be “beyond stupid”....so your opinion really isn’t valid.

Plus you’ve had sex with children and you’re racist.
    Actually stupid is all you ever do here is cry baby around. Why is that wimpy?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What real/legit/proven/without a shadow of a doubt/can't be questioned proof do we have that YES the USA was behind the 9/11 bombings....well?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    What real/legit/proven/without a shadow of a doubt/can't be questioned proof do we have that YES the USA was behind the 9/11 bombings....well?
    Same with Saddam's WMDs.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Same with Saddam's WMDs.
    Give me California to hide WMD, trust me I could.

So what about what I asked for?

We are in a court of law and it's your job to prove without a shadow of a doubt the USA was behind 911. So what can be proven, well? Trust me.....I wouldn't put it past him.....won't work.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Chill Avante. My boys saved our Civilization on September 12th against them.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now that 9/11 has come and gone I'm turning this thread into my very own music thread. Not really looking to do anything other than share what has taken me over 50 years to ac ulate.

First off I want to know the story behind the sound. Yep, books.

The story behind them blues is totally interesting. The impact that music has made on the musical world is immense. It's all there, the hardships. the gloom, the trains, the chains, the whiskey, sex, drugs, murder. that....moanin' n' groanin'. Early gospel music, in a word....riveting.

It worked like this....

Jimmie Rodgers grew up in the south as did Elvis. Their influenses, yep....black blues. The impact Rodgers and Elvis made on American music...gigantic. The impact made by Hank Williams, Bob Wills, Buddy Holly....immense. Yep, all listened to "Race Records"

Brian Jones of The Rolling Stones fame was a huge Elmore James fan. James one of the legendary black guitar players from the 50's. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards huge blues fans. Bill Wyman's "Blues Odyssey" a must read. In his book...LIFE...Keith Richards talks about slipping off while in the US to a black juke joint. Yep, only white cat there, and how he was known and accepted. He says..."closest thing to Heaven on earth".

Ya can't read up on Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, Van Morrison, Joe er, Leon Russell, Clapton, Jeff Beck, ZZ Top and on and on and on and......without them blues being mentioned.

This is Pat Hare who recorded....Going To Murder My Baby. Thing is.....he did. Yep, ended up in prison.

I get a lot of you come here to fart and giggle, just don't waste your time with the usual...I'm stupid and own a computer...ok?

I will be....translation....for the obvious idiots.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Oh, lists.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    LOL. Music thread?

At-least keep the theme. Enjoy!

Could go for a döner kebab right now

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    LOL. Music thread?

At-least keep the theme. Enjoy!

Could go for a döner kebab right now

Key word there is talent, she has it. I'm personally not into that ...sound...but anytime I can hear something a little different....cool.

It;s all about ...mood. Right now.....

Now where is the infuense there, right here.

Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 03:24 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm going to use our resident leg humper Pavlov as my boy.

Here ya go little guy, your fav song.

Staying in the mood...

Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 06:48 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Oh, another list.

Translation: Oh, another list.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh, another list.

Translation: Oh, another list.
    Translation

Yep, nailed it. Avante, I gotta have some Popa Chubby.

No problem shorty.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The first song I remember hearing as a small child was this one....

My parents owned a ton of records. But Hank Williams was their favorite.

Many years later when I got into the history of it all, I found this out.....

Then there was this guy, the great Dock Boggs. He is the best example of Appalachian Hillbillie/Hick music. He recorded about 10 songs in 1927, then.....vanished. He would be found later.

One of the true iconic songs in American music...'Pretty Polly"

Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 04:30 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    So what is considered to be the very first blues record by historians? That is debatable.

1920 "Crazy Blues"

As far as blacks on record goes here is the roots to the tree. He recorded as early as 1891 but this is my fav he does.

There is no record in the world any more rare than this one. There is only....one....copy in existance. When it comes to old "country" blues, this is a must listen.

Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 04:54 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    See how influenses work......

The great Ma Rainey

The first picture we see is Bessie Smith, sheesh~~~ Bessie the greatest blues singer.
    Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Influenses

Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Speaking of Bessie Smith

Charlie Feathers was one of the first Rockabilly stars for Sun Records, a couple of his songs on the KILL BILL soundtrack.

Check it out.

Remember my mention of Elmore James and his influense on Brian Jones? Charley Patton what can ya say?

You cannot talk blues guitar at all without Lonnie Johnson. He was "Da Man" and Howlin Wolf doesn't deserve a mention. And yes he needed to talk T-Bone Walker. And, that cat above Scrapper Blackwell belongs in any discussion about blues guitar. Tampa Red?
    Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 06:31 AM.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I need all that, I want to know the origins of it all. So when I listen to something this good I can appreciate what it took to get here.

An Elmore James cover.

Then there's those memories. This tune always takes me back to a back seat of a 53 Chevy, what was her name.....a....hmmm?

Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 07:31 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Translation: I all over my own 9/11 thread.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Actually stupid is all you ever do here is cry baby around. Why is that wimpy?
    Oh sizzlechest....the way youre so obtuse on here is delightful. Go back to being scared of reality and hiding behind a desk....let the grownups talk.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Translation: I all over my own 9/11 thread.
    9/11 is gone, ok?

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Oh sizzlechest....the way youre so obtuse on here is delightful. Go back to being scared of reality and hiding behind a desk....let the grownups talk.
    Those grownups poking fun at a fat girl?

Those grownups....I'd eat it?

Those grownups lying about kids running a WORLD CLASS 20.00 200m?

Look at you.......all those GROWNUP threads out there so where do we find you, yep....wahwahwahwahwahAvante,why can't he be like everybody else, wahwahwahwimperewimper.

Little man, you don't have to be in this thread...right?
    Last edited by Avante; 09-12-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Thread Information