Page 238 of 257 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,950 of 6404
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Labeled by whom? You can pinpoint losing the presidential election to losing the Rust Belt, Pennsylvania and Florida. They didn't lose them by being 'too left', AFAIK, but their marriage to globalism. I mean, even though I don't think he had the machinery to do as well, a much more lefty but anti-globalist Bernie probably had a better appeal than Shillary.

The Democratic Party certainly needs to use this opportunity to reinvent themselves, like every party does over time. My concern is the overall (GOP and Dems) tilt towards populism. Hollow claims and outright lies have taken over sane discourse, and that's dangerous over time, IMO.
    Bingo. The Democratic Party’s problem isn’t that it’s too far to the left, it’s that, outside of wedge issues like transgender bathrooms/gay marriage/police brutality that only affect a small number of people, it doesn’t have any ideals it stands for anymore, its only strategy to win elections is by crying foul about how mean the Republicans are. That’s why the Republican base was so much more energized than the Democratic base in 2016.

The fact that Flynt Michigan had a higher voter turnout for Democrats in the primaries than it did in the actual election speaks volumes. A huge amount of rust belt voters who had been life long Democrats saw no reason to bother with voting for Clinton.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a social media post on Saturday, a writer for CBS's "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" seemingly celebrated the damage done to Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's reputation during his bruising and bitterly partisan confirmation battle.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you're my sweetie pie Cuppycake Gumdrop's Avatar
    My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Better late than never. Politics have forever changed with Trump, there’s no going back, so adapt or die.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better late than never. Politics have forever changed with Trump, there’s no going back, so adapt or die.

Whining betas are ing hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why Barrrack and Hilda are so silent?

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count

Whining betas are ing hilarious.
    You’re old and you’re going to die soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont agree with this at all tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    Dont agree with this at all tbh
    You really think things can go back the way it was? When in human history has that ever happened?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You really think things can go back the way it was? When in human history has that ever happened?
    There have been plenty of blips on the radar so we'll see and i hope a bunch of nasty partisan bull isnt going to be the norm through the next fifty years.

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count
    There have been plenty of blips on the radar so we'll see and i hope a bunch of nasty partisan bull isnt going to be the norm through the next fifty years.
    I hope you’re right but I think you’ll be disappointed.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It has been the norm since 2009. It's not going away any time soon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/statu...759177216?s=20
    This is the Democrats' favorite Supreme Court Justice — She's so old and weak that she can't even keep here eyes open during the State of the Union

Imagine if President Trump were passing out like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a social media post on Saturday, a writer for CBS's "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" seemingly celebrated the damage done to Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's reputation during his bruising and bitterly partisan confirmation battle.
    libs so mean

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What passes for news in the snowflake era.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ke...cid=spartanntp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did I use the word "attack"? I don't recall using that word. I pretty sure you used it and are now attributing it to me.

Apparently one can't recognize blatant racism without "whining" or being a "victim". All continue to call it out. You should question why so many feel comfortable being racist in public. And apparently you recognize that because you aren't even arguing against it. All you can do is dismiss someone calling it out by calling them a "victim" or saying they "whine". That's a problem.
    Your posts here mostly boil down to iden arian grievance and resentment of some kind, and btw, you shouldn't underestimate yourself, you're a tremendous whiner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah I miss the days of polite disagreement during the Clinton and Bush administrations. Unfortunately I missed the really polite times of the 60's and 70's.

Sarcasm aside, politics really haven't changed. It's just the media and the way we consume it that has changed. I always find it funny whenever people on either side wish for the good old days that never existed.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol yeah I miss the days of polite disagreement during the Clinton and Bush administrations. Unfortunately I missed the really polite times of the 60's and 70's.

Sarcasm aside, politics really haven't changed. It's just the media and the way we consume it that has changed. I always find it funny whenever people on either side wish for the good old days that never existed.
    McConnell filibustered more of Obama's judicial nominations than had been filibustered in the entire history of the nation before that. Stop trying to normalize that piece of .

My Team
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Post Count

at what point did you realize that you’d have to explicitly state you were being sarcastic?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former Yale Law School Dean: Kavanaugh’s Confirmation Is An ‘American Tragedy’

Robert Post warned that Kavanaugh, a Yale alumnus, will undermine the Supreme Court’s “claim to legitimacy.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__100818

Yep, SCOTUS is now fully, instead of almost, illegitimate, completing "judicial capture" by the oligarchy, to complement the oligarchy's "regulatory capture"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Christine Blasey Ford Can’t Return Home Due To ‘Unending’ Threats, Lawyers Say

“We thought it was bad back in 1991, and it’s even worse today,” Lisa Banks, another of Ford’s attorneys, told MSNBC.

“This has been terrifying, her family has been through a lot,” Ford’s lawyer, Debra Katz, told MSNBC’s Kasie Hunt.

“They are not living at home, it’s going to be quite some time before they’re able to live at home.

The threats have been unending, it’s deplorable.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__100818

Here's where we need some real murderous pushback by antifa on you CBF haters.

But of course the CBF attackers don't have the balls to attack other than anonymously.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Partisan politics has been the norm since the 90s when the Republicans tried to impeach Clinton for getting a blowjob, but the big turning point imo came in Bush v Gore when the Supreme Court made a ridiculous ruling that the justices themselves admitted had no legal precedent and was fueled purely by political stance. Since then it’s been a partisan pissing match that McConnell ramped up to new levels in 2009.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Partisan politics has been the norm since the 90s"

the scorched-earth partisanship is often tied to Newt Gingrich getting into Congress in 1978, playing a big role in the St Ronnie Useful idiot storm of the '80s, and then House leader where he shut down govt twice to counter Clinton

I read an article by long-time Congressman who said in his long career, he never saw anybody who was so obstructive, no-compromise, destructive as Gingrich.

But the Repugs as a whole were being paid by the decades-long oligarchy strategy, so Gingrich arrived on fertile ( -stinkin) ground.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-08-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Thread Information