Page 239 of 257 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,975 of 6404
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Christine Blasey Ford Can’t Return Home Due To ‘Unending’ Threats, Lawyers Say

“We thought it was bad back in 1991, and it’s even worse today,” Lisa Banks, another of Ford’s attorneys, told MSNBC.

“This has been terrifying, her family has been through a lot,” Ford’s lawyer, Debra Katz, told MSNBC’s Kasie Hunt.

“They are not living at home, it’s going to be quite some time before they’re able to live at home.

The threats have been unending, it’s deplorable.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...gEmail__100818

Here's where we need some real murderous pushback by antifa on you CBF haters.

But of course the CBF attackers don't have the balls to attack other than anonymously.
    Care to expand on that thought some more?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Care to expand on that thought some more?
    English, mother er, do you understand it?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    English, mother er, do you understand it?
    I asked if you wanted to expand on your wanting Antifa to murder. Do you care to expand on that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I asked if you wanted to expand on your wanting Antifa to murder. Do you care to expand on that?

Boos a real internet badass.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    "Partisan politics has been the norm since the 90s"

the scorched-earth partisanship is often tied to Newt Gingrich getting into Congress in 1978, playing a big role in the St Ronnie Useful idiot storm of the '80s, and then House leader where he shut down govt twice to counter Clinton

I read an article by long-time Congressman who said in his long career, he never saw anybody who was so obstructive, no-compromise, destructive as Gingrich.

But the Repugs as a whole were being paid by the decades-long oligarchy strategy, so Gingrich arrived on fertile ( -stinkin) ground.

Agreed that the groundwork for over the top partisanship had been laid as early as the late 70s/early 80s, but Democrats went along with a lot of what Reagan did in the 80s out of recognition that it’s what the country had voted for regardless of he fact they disagreed with it. The 90s as you said was when things like ing government shutdowns went from being disaster scenarios to tools used by the Republicans to stop Clinton from getting anything done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed that the groundwork for over the top partisanship had been laid as early as the late 70s/early 80s, but Democrats went along with a lot of what Reagan did in the 80s out of recognition that it’s what the country had voted for regardless of he fact they disagreed with it. The 90s as you said was when things like ing government shutdowns went from being disaster scenarios to tools used by the Republicans to stop Clinton from getting anything done.
    yep, the Dems were passively compliant, compromised by BigDonor just like the Repugs, with oligarchy's scorched earth extreme right wing anti-American partisanship.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be careful here agreeing with Boots.

He still does not believe Trump won the presidency... because the electoral college is illegitimate.
    So Republicans have every right to just make up rules by the bootonomous standard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be careful here agreeing with Boots.

He still does not believe Trump won the presidency... because the electoral college is illegitimate.
    So Republicans have every right to just make up rules by the bootonomous standard.
    Colluder/traitor Trash is illegit because of Comey and Pootin/Assange. The EC certainly greased the skids as Trash -slided into the WH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal politics have been contentious since the founding of the country. It's hilarious that you guys are claiming"worst ever" with no basis in fact.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal politics have been contentious since the founding of the country. It's hilarious that you guys are claiming"worst ever" with no basis in fact.
    We are clearly sliding into the Congress and the judiciary giving up their independence from the executive branch. This has always been dangerous. No matter when it occurs.

But the real power the executive branch is taking advantage of is congressmen’s fear of NOT BEING RE-ELECTED. Trump and McConnell have done an outstanding job of recognizing this. So maybe, in a way, this is good. Congress should have to explain their decisions and if the voters don’t like it, they need to recognize their time to SERVE is up. Now go get a job. Having nothing to do with your prior allegiances. I dare ya...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Congress and the judiciary giving up their independence from the executive branch."

The biggest, dominant factor is "capture" of govt by the oligarchy. All the dangers and problems of failed govt, of break down of Cons utional safeguards, degradation of good-faith conventions and protocols that allowed bi-partisanship, derive from the oligarchy's capture.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "CosmicCowboy
    Federal politics have been contentious since the founding of the country. It's hilarious that you guys are claiming"worst ever" with no basis in fact"

So what's going on now is OK with Cosmic Parasite, just like AGW is OK, is a Chinese hoax, because "climate always changes anyway".

America has degraded into another Gilded Age of extreme inequality of wealth, which begets an extreme inequality of political power.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by boutons_deux; 10-08-2018 at 12:37 PM.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Democrats have unleashed a red wave of Brett Kavanaugh-believing women voters

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1559347...mpression=true

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So what's going on now is OK with Cosmic Parasite, just like AGW is OK, is a Chinese hoax, because "climate always changes anyway".

America has degraded into another Gilded Age of extreme inequality of wealth, which begets an extreme inequality of political power.

I don't particularly like the de able behavior of the Senate democrats but it didn't surprise me. Partisan politics have always been ugly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't particularly like the de able behavior of the Senate democrats but it didn't surprise me. Partisan politics have always been ugly.
    You basically called yourself ugly

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats have unleashed a red wave of Brett Kavanaugh-believing women voters

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/1559347...mpression=true
    not unleashed, your ignorant, stupid, self-harming, duped Trash supporters were already there. Trash lies, you/they believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You basically called yourself ugly

a real zinger there, cuck.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brett Kavanaugh will have his first opportunity to repay Trump even sooner than you think

After Trump Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross was caught lying to Congressabout the origins of a new census "citizenship" question,

the Trump administration has been seeking to block a federal judge from requiring testimony from Ross

over a lawsuit claiming the White House added the question with racially discriminatory intent.

Kavanaugh, then, could become the deciding vote in deciding

whether an administration official caught lying in public statements can claim that
    executive privilege shields him from having to testify about those statements.

And the prospect of a nominee picked for his apparent extreme willingness

to protect the Trump administration from criminal and civil investigations voting within days of his swearing-in to do

exactly what his most alarmist critics predicted he was being brought on to do

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/10/7/1802581/-Brett-Kavanaugh-will-have-his-first-opportunity-to-repay-Trump-even-sooner-than-you-think?detail=emaildkre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Congress and the judiciary giving up their independence from the executive branch."

The biggest, dominant factor is "capture" of govt by the oligarchy. All the dangers and problems of failed govt, of break down of Cons utional safeguards, degradation of good-faith conventions and protocols that allowed bi-partisanship, derive from the oligarchy's capture.

Oligarchy, Big_____ Like it JUST began....

You are as big a as spurtactless.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oligarchy, Big_____ Like it JUST began....

You are as big a as spurtactless.
    goddamn, you and your takes are ING STUPID

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much. The "Republican revolution" led by Gingrich (suppresses gag reflex) set the tone for everything that was to follow. They began to actively weed out moderates at that time. After the census in 2000, someone got the bright idea for operation RedMap and that finished the job by making both sides more extreme, and less able to compromise to get anything done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iow, America is ed and un able, for those of you who refuse call it that way.

An America incapable of making progress, solving problems, etc. is JUST FINE with the oligarchy since the oligarchy has all the political power under the status quo to keep the economy and govt rigged in its favor, to the disfavor of non-oligarchy and the environment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if things are worse now - maybe it's just that more people KNOW about it. What's worse is the time spent consuming this "news" instead of time spent with family, friends and neighbors.

Thread Information