Page 49 of 257 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 6404
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of calling for an investigation to clear his name and imploring his defenders to be patient and await the result of an orderly inquiry, Kavanaugh lawyered up, ran for cover and let the Judiciary Committee and Ed Whelan do the dirty work of defaming his accuser as well as an entirely unrelated middle school teacher, and did nothing to denounce the mob that sent his accuser death threats and chased her from her own home.

Kavanaugh had a chance to show his judicial temperament and blew it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    by now perhaps that's a selling point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve seen reported there is no statute of limitations in Maryland, so hypothetically she could. But realistictly, if you can’t explain where it happened, when, how you got there, the basic facts on something that happened around 35 years ago, no one is investigating that. There’s nothing to investigate. There are no leads. That’s why it’s the perfect allegation. Can’t be proved or disproved. It’s a nasty allegation that just has to be made and it creates a presumption in half the country that he’s a rapist. That’s very dangerous.
    Thanks for the correction. Until we hear the alleged victim's testimony, it's difficult to ascertain whether there's anything to investigate or any leads. "Creating the presumption" is a bit of an exaggeration, considering Mr Kavanaugh willingly walked into a public circus, which include the possibility of smears. Comes with the territory. Ultimately, if he believes Ms Ford is being libelous, there's certainly remedies available to him for that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the correction. Until we hear the alleged victim's testimony, it's difficult to ascertain whether there's anything to investigate or any leads. "Creating the presumption" is a bit of an exaggeration, considering Mr Kavanaugh willingly walked into a public circus, which include the possibility of smears. Comes with the territory. Ultimately, if he believes Ms Ford is being libelous, there's certainly remedies available to him for that.
    That's a bit naive of a sweeping statement. It's quite possible that such remedies would yield dead ends. Also, such remedies keep the soap opera going (publicly) when he's better off shutting the door as quickly as possible.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of calling for an investigation to clear his name and imploring his defenders to be patient &await the result of an orderly inquiry, Kavanaugh lawyered up, ran for cover and let the Judiciary Committee and Ed Whelen do the dirty work of defaming his accuser as well as an entirely unrelated middle school teacher, and did nothing to denounce the mob that sent his accuser death threats and chased her from her own home.

Kavanaugh had a chance to show his judicial temperament and blew it.
    All this going on and you wouldn't get a lawyer? He'd be STUPID if he didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a bit naive of a sweeping statement. It's quite possible that such remedies would yield dead ends. Also, such remedies keep the soap opera going (publicly) when he's better off shutting the door as quickly as possible.
    That's how we settle our disputes in the civilized world. He's under no obligation to seek redress, but he certainly has that option. He's a judge, he understand how the system works.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We hire only the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While doing work for the Judiciary Committee, Ventry was employed by CRC Public Relations, a prominent GOP firm helping to promote Kavanaugh’s nomination to the high court.
    is this the PR firm you mentioned upstream, cd98?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this going on and you wouldn't get a lawyer? He'd be STUPID if he didn't.
    I agree. It makes sense for Kavanaugh to get a lawyer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford moved 3,000 miles to reinvent her life. It wasn’t far enough.

Maybe another hemisphere would be.

She went online to research other democracies where her family might settle, including New Zealand.

“She was like, ‘I can’t deal with this.

If he becomes the nominee,

then I’m moving to another country.

I cannot live in this country if he’s in the Supreme Court,’ ” her husband said.

“She wanted out.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...nl_most&wpmm=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CRC advised Swift Boat Veterans for Truth and represents the Judicial Crisis Network; their man Ventry was awfully tight with the Judiciary Committee's press office.

https://www.thenation.com/article/th...olic-playbook/

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    none of this is proof of coordination, but the coincidences are piling up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what I have been saying will happen - and only Grassley is to blame if Kavanaugh ends up getting prosecuted.
    Grassley could have allowed the FBI investigation and by now they might have made a "less than criminal" referral to the committee. Not that he was innocent - but based on the fact that it was just a background investigation - they would have been constrained to just present findings.

Now - there may end up being a criminal prosecution. I hope the piece of lying K - is prosecuted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grooming Brett Kavanaugh

From prep school to the Supreme Court was a straight line…and crooked as

People like Brett Kavanaugh, who as legal commentator Jonathan Turley informed us in The Hill “has long been viewed as someone actively groomed for the court by supporters in the Federalist Society and conservative legal circles.”

But Turley didn’t stop there.

“Short of being raised hydroponically in the basement of the Federalist Society,

he could not be more carefully constructed as a nominee in waiting,” Turley continued.

“He has, literally, spent decades being developed within conservative circles for this moment.”

“All of the years of vetting and grooming and lobbying and list-making by conservative legal figures frustrated by Republican appointees who drifted to the left arguably
    has come down to this moment,

when they stand on the precipice of appointing a fifth justice who, they hope,

will at last establish a bench firmly committed to their principles.”

Republican presidents had appointed people like

David Souter and Anthony Kennedy who ended up, in the right-wing’s memorable turn of phrase, as
    “squishes.”

“a three-decade project unparalleled in American history

to
    install a reliable conservative majority on the nation’s highest tribunal.”

“Everything U.S. Circuit Judge Brett Kavanaugh has worked on in this life prepared him for this moment, and there was no way he was going to mess it up.

From attending Georgetown Preparatory School with Gorsuch — they graduated two years apart —

to later reuniting in the chambers of Justice Kennedy,

for whom the two of them
    served as judicial clerks,

destiny and deep fealty to Republican causes

groomed Kavanaugh for such a time as this.”

you must do it their way.

They make a deal with you:

They’ll tell you the secrets of power

if you do two things.

One
    , don’t share the secrets with anyone else until you get powerful and it’s your turn to pass the secrets on. And

two, use the power the way we tell you to use it.

the cardinal rule you must follow if you are to be successfully groomed:

when you have to chose between principle and power, you know what to do. Chose power.

https://www.salon.com/2018/09/22/gro...vanaugh/#close

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deja vu:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spitballing here, the Kavanaugh nomination is in trouble.

if the R's had 50 votes for him, they'd call the vote.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how we settle our disputes in the civilized world. He's under no obligation to seek redress, but he certainly has that option. He's a judge, he understand how the system works.
    Not debating how the system works. I'm stating that the damage has been done. A stigma has been created regardless of the truth of the matter.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spitballing here, the Kavanaugh nomination is in trouble.

if the R's had 50 votes for him, they'd call the vote.
    What are the odds you'd guess that he's confirmed? I'm thinking at least 85%. Collins doesn't seem to give a and Corker, Flake, and Sasse are all talk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She's in.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What are the odds you'd guess that he's confirmed? I'm thinking at least 85%. Collins doesn't seem to give a and Corker, Flake, and Sasse are all talk.
    What do you think the odds are her lies are exposed?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not debating how the system works. I'm stating that the damage has been done. A stigma has been created regardless of the truth of the matter.
    If not true, sure, it sucks. Realistically, however, he has more than just monetary solutions to this problem. A judge can order Ms Ford to write a retraction letter, and to disseminate it among the public. Snopes would carry it, I'm sure (snark comment for the lols).

Let me 'blame the alleged victim' here for a second: Brett Kavanaugh walked into this circus willingly. Unlike the alleged rape victim, he had a choice.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If not true, sure, it sucks. Realistically, however, he has more than just monetary solutions to this problem. A judge can order Ms Ford to write a retraction letter, and to disseminate it among the public. Snopes would carry it, I'm sure (snark comment for the lols).

Let me 'blame the alleged victim' here for a second: Brett Kavanaugh walked into this circus willingly. Unlike the alleged rape victim, he had a choice.
    Unfair characterization. She's the one starting the circus.

Thread Information