Page 54 of 257 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 6404
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's it say about Kavanaugh's chances (and subsequent panic by team red) that they have to lie so brazenly to feel better about their chances?

cd98 pretending to be a lawyer instead of the partisan hack he really is.
    Yes, we can’t all be as unbiased as you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    must be a pretty big pile of money to have been worth the death threats and harassment she should have known would result.
    There are reasons someone would go through with a lie that don’t involve money. If she’s lying, maybe she tells herself the end justifies the means. Or maybe she knows doing this makes her a hero for the left. It certainly puts her at the forefront of the Me Too movement. And people like you will believe her no matter what the evidence shows. Certainly she can monetize her status as a hero to the left.

Or maybe she is just misremembering. If that’s the case, then you can’t assume she’s not misremembering her allegations against Kavenaugh. One thing, though, the statement made by her friend directly contradicts what she said initially. So either she is lying or her friend is lying, or she mistakenly identified her friend as being there when she wasn’t.

Either way, the more she changer her story, the lower her credibility. The more she continues to move lock step with Democrats, the more she loses credibility. And the more she delays or refuses to fill in the gaps, the more she loses credibility. I think there is a chance that her life long friend’s testimony persuades her not to testify next week. All she has to do is say she negotiated in good faith, but the GOP wouldn’t consent to the terms she required to testify.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, we'll see.

It might be a mistake to overemphasize credibility.

If Ford appears before the committee things like the demeanor of the participants, how they look on TV and dramatic moments could overtake considerations of evidence and plausibility. If Kavanaugh or Ford falter or misspeak, or Senators are seen to have spoken egregiously or improperly, that might be what carries the news cycle and the votes needed to sink Kavanaugh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is improper
    Shut up man take it do not defend yourself
    Like the Hawaii lady senator

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sometimes you barely make any sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sometimes you barely make any sense
    Sen. Hirono: Men Need To "Shut Up," Kavanaugh Accuser Needs To Be Believed And I Believe Her

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...lieve_her.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So is speaking out as a man being accused improper ?
    She thinks so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She thinks so
    It means that all the in bull is coming from assholes like you - I agree with her and will repeat:

Shut the up!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statement from Leland Keyser's attorney: "Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."

Having no recollection does not equal the party never happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It means that all the in bull is coming from assholes like you - I agree with her and will repeat:

Shut the up!
    So I can accuse Ruth of raping me and she should take it and not defend herself

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Statement from Leland Keyser's attorney: "Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford."

Does not mean it happened either

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Also says she doesn’t know Kavanaugh. At some point the utter lack of corroboration has to mean something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does not mean it happened either
    Also says she doesn’t know Kavanaugh. At some point the utter lack of corroboration has to mean something?
    I was quoting a statement from a tweet posted here that analyzed that to read that the party never happened. That's not what the statement says.

And sure, there's a ton of loose ends right now, don't disagree with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She thinks so
    I think not, but I don't think that's what Sen. Hirono said.

She didn't say that the accused has no right to defend himself or that it's improper to do so.

She addressed herself to "the men of this country", asking them to create an atmosphere where women feel safe coming forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=ElNono;9541686]I was quoting a statement from a tweet posted here that analyzed that to read that the party never happened. That's not what the statement says.

And sure, there's a ton of loose ends right now, don't disagree with that.[/QUOTE

Yes. I’ve said there are two big issues with her credibility. One, no verifiable fact. The last shoe dropped when her friend said she didn’t know Kavanaugh. If there are only 5 people at the party, as alleged, no way she doesn’t know Kavanaugh if it happened. It’s beyond insane if anyone is saying public opinion can convict someone merely by a girl making up a story about a guy with no detail to back up her story. That’s overcompensating for the Me Too wrongs.

Second, she’s handled this in a very political way. She went to politicians over the police, she hired an activist attorney, she hired a democrat consultant, and she has followed the lead of every democrat. When the Dems demanded a hearing, she wanted a hearing. Then after the GOP said ok, then Dems move the goalpost to an FBI investigation and she follows suit. And it goes on and on. Maybe it’s all coincidence, but it seems and likely is coordinated, which shows potential that it’s a Dem scheme to stop the confirmation.

Ultimately, if Ford can’t come up with a verifiable fact that makes her claim more likely than not, she’s toast, even with an emotional testimony at the hearing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ultimately, if Ford can’t come up with a verifiable fact that makes her claim more likely than not, she’s toast, even with an emotional testimony at the hearing.
    Possibly, but we're not in a courtroom, Kavanaugh is in the hot seat too. His performance matters.

If he does not defend himself credibly and honorably, a couple of wavering Republican Senators might not get to aye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessarily.

The venue isn't a courtroom, it's a televised Senate confirmation hearing. The optics may overshadow the substance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. I’ve said there are two big issues with her credibility. One, no verifiable fact. The last shoe dropped when her friend said she didn’t know Kavanaugh. If there are only 5 people at the party, as alleged, no way she doesn’t know Kavanaugh if it happened. It’s beyond insane if anyone is saying public opinion can convict someone merely by a girl making up a story about a guy with no detail to back up her story. That’s overcompensating for the Me Too wrongs.

Second, she’s handled this in a very political way. She went to politicians over the police, she hired an activist attorney, she hired a democrat consultant, and she has followed the lead of every democrat. When the Dems demanded a hearing, she wanted a hearing. Then after the GOP said ok, then Dems move the goalpost to an FBI investigation and she follows suit. And it goes on and on. Maybe it’s all coincidence, but it seems and likely is coordinated, which shows potential that it’s a Dem scheme to stop the confirmation.

But of course this is political. The only thing the Democrats can do is float something like this, and then play the "well, we tried all we could, and but we didn't have the votes. Shame on the GOP for confirming a rapist". It's hyperbole, but if it gets some people on the move to their cause in November, it's a gambit that paid off, and has no cost to them. I still would give the woman the benefit of the doubt, but realistically, 35 years is a monstrous amount of time.

The problem is that neither side can play the outrage card. You can't excuse the stalling of the Garland nomination with "well, they just know how to play the game", and then when the Dems "play the game", point the moral finger at them. That's hypocrisy.

The level of vitriol and acrimony is such, that no low is low enough these days. It's clear you're a conservative fan, and despise democrats, but you gotta agree that this level of toxicity on both sides sows enormous distrust in what otherwise would be respectable ins utions. No party is above the fray on this, and it appears we haven't reached anywhere near rock bottom yet.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not according to my bank account
    Nice to see your custodial job takes care of your needs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ed Wehlan's "mistaken iden y" tweets have introduced a new peril for Kavanaugh at the 11th hour. Kavanaugh can be cross-examined under oath about whether he knew and approved. If his answers do not satisfy, that would be a colorable reason not to confirm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But of course this is political. The only thing the Democrats can do is float something like this, and then play the "well, we tried all we could, and but we didn't have the votes. Shame on the GOP for confirming a rapist". It's hyperbole, but if it gets some people on the move to their cause in November, it's a gambit that paid off, and has no cost to them. I still would give the woman the benefit of the doubt, but realistically, 35 years is a monstrous amount of time.

The problem is that neither side can play the outrage card. You can't excuse the stalling of the Garland nomination with "well, they just know how to play the game", and then when the Dems "play the game", point the moral finger at them. That's hypocrisy.

The level of vitriol and acrimony is such, that no low is low enough these days. It's clear you're a conservative fan, and despise democrats, but you gotta agree that this level of toxicity on both sides sows enormous distrust in what otherwise would be respectable ins utions. No party is above the fray on this, and it appears we haven't reached anywhere near rock bottom yet.
    Its a little different. I get blue teams desire for payback on Garland, but republicans didnt try to assasinate garlands character...they just refused to confirm him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republican jock-sniffers are going to moan and wail when the Dems pull a Garland on one of yours

Thread Information