Page 4 of 257 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The difference between Trump supporters and the other side is that most Trump supporters knew going in he was corrupt as . They needed something specific taken care of. He's doing what he said, I think, for the most part. The other party wanted a 1st woman in office, "her turn". They really didn't have a platform, she was simply against Trump. Their agenda would be met with an election, same as Obama's was. After that, the hero worship and Nobel prizes mean low to no scrutiny for how they actually run their offices. The other side pretends to have moral superiority because their candidate has a career of hiding behind government privacy walls since her husband was the POTUS and she was also a high ranking official. Somehow because she says nicer she's not corrupt. The Clintons run circles around Donald Trump where corruption is concerned.
    So your intelligent response is basically: "but-but Hillary"

Ok.

Ducks level. I'll move on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leahy also said he supported how Feinstein had handled the disclosure of the sensitive information. “She’s not a person to try to smear anybody,” Leahy said. “She’s always done her job, she’s always done it with integrity.”

Bull if she had integrity she would have turned it over to fbi in July
    Should not matter if he is about to be a Supreme Court judge

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

They’ve gone beyond desperate. Even Ginsburg called them out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They’ve gone beyond desperate. Even Ginsburg called them out.
    Posturing, not desperation.

This guy was going to get confirmed no matter what. He's got the votes on republicans alone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems playing hardball, like McC did by screwing Obama out of a seat on SCOTUS.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really not sure why I come into this forum. Full of complete morons tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So your intelligent response is basically: "but-but Hillary"

Ok.

Ducks level. I'll move on.
    My response is always "this is what you brought to the table when it was your turn". You, like many others here, don't want to revisit your decisions.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

djohn

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Serving up yet another nothing burger. lol twitterdiots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cornyn tweeted: "Let me get this straight: this is statement about secret letter regarding a secret matter and an unidentified person. Right."

He continued:

"I will add: the FBI already performed and has reported on a background investigation on the nominee and this has been made available to all Senators on the Judiciary Committee."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he raped a woman, that won't be a dealbreaker. Would solidify Republican support tbh.

Close. Attempted. He gets a pass.

Like TSA just illustrated by laughing it off. Party of values.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me Too generation...make the allegation and it must be assumed true regardless of the facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    djohn and TSA, non-stop purveyors of fake BOOM

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Close. Attempted. He gets a pass.

Like TSA just illustrated by laughing it off. Party of values.
    a crime that's 30+ years old that for all we know wasn't even him

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a train wreck for liberals. It shifts the debate about Kavanaugh away from his extreme ideology, the unprecedented secrecy around his past opinions, and the unprecedented softball vetting process by Republicans. It also damages women by illustrating an extreme example of well-past-expiration #MeToo accusations and giving fodder to those who think the whole movement is a sham. They've handed the narrative to Republicans on a golden plate.

It sounds like they were hesitant to release the information. They should have avoided it altogether.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    politics of the monkey cage, fling anything that comes to hand

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a train wreck for liberals. It shifts the debate about Kavanaugh away from his extreme ideology, the unprecedented secrecy around his past opinions, and the unprecedented softball vetting process by Republicans. It also damages women by illustrating an extreme example of well-past-expiration #MeToo accusations and giving fodder to those who think the whole movement is a sham. They've handed the narrative to Republicans on a golden plate.

It sounds like they were hesitant to release the information. They should have avoided it altogether.
    The bigger issue is that it turns the whole confirmation process into an ugly circus. There may be that 5% of the cases that go before the Supreme Court that are related to issues that people freak out over. Most of it is boring drivel that the average person would care less about and that the judges approve at majority or near majority. But to turn this into partisan outrage and fake reports and smears makes the process ugly for anyone that gets nominated, regardless of the party nominating.

And even though the stuff is untrue, because people can't discern between truth and their politics, they will forever tag someone even if the tag is totally false.

And the Dems brought us to this when Harry Reid decided to change the rules to get their judges in without obstruction.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, that is not a small thing - to attempt a rape of a victim and cover her mouth and turn up the music to conceal. The fact that it was long ago and that it was an unsuccessful attempt (in the rapists eyes) - does not mean that there was no crime.
    This is a SC justice to be - this might not be dismissed that easily.
    (if this excerpt I read a few posts ago legit?)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Sexual-Misconduct Allegation Against the Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh

Stirs Tension Among Democrats in Congress

Feinstein’s decision to handle the matter in her own office,

without notifying other members of the Senate Judiciary Committee,

stirred concern among her Democratic colleagues.

For several days, Feinstein declined requests from other Democrats on the Judiciary Committee to share the woman’s letter and other relevant communications.

A source familiar with the committee’s activities said that Feinstein’s staff initially conveyed to other Democratic members’ offices that

the incident was too distant in the past to merit public discussion, and that Feinstein had “taken care of it.”

On Wednesday, after media inquiries to the Democratic members multiplied, and

concern among congressional colleagues increased,

Feinstein agreed to brief the other Democrats on the committee, with no staff present.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...ts-in-congress

K can join Uncle Tom Clarence as yet another Repug extreme right wing asshole sexual predator

This doesn't distract from his judicial and political extremist record. It is a stain on his candidacy

Will Lisa and Susan vote for him anyway?

Most guys get through their teen years without raping.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    A Sexual-Misconduct Allegation Against the Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh

Stirs Tension Among Democrats in Congress

Feinstein’s decision to handle the matter in her own office,

without notifying other members of the Senate Judiciary Committee,

stirred concern among her Democratic colleagues.

For several days, Feinstein declined requests from other Democrats on the Judiciary Committee to share the woman’s letter and other relevant communications.

A source familiar with the committee’s activities said that Feinstein’s staff initially conveyed to other Democratic members’ offices that

the incident was too distant in the past to merit public discussion, and that Feinstein had “taken care of it.”

On Wednesday, after media inquiries to the Democratic members multiplied, and

concern among congressional colleagues increased,

Feinstein agreed to brief the other Democrats on the committee, with no staff present.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...ts-in-congress

K can join Uncle Tom Clarence as yet another Repug extreme right wing asshole sexual predator

This doesn't distract from his judicial and political extremist record. It is a stain on his candidacy

Will Lisa and Susan vote for him anyway?

Most guys get through their teen years without raping.

But look at all the women he didn't try to rape.

This is a dead end tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says he raped her?
    So far no evidence he even got her clothes off.
    So far it looks like the Democrats paid her to write that letter just like the ones protesting in the senate

Do we even have proof he knows her ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can write a letter saying your mom raped me but does not make it so

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says he raped her?
    So far no evidence he even got her clothes off.
    So far it looks like the Democrats paid her to write that letter just like the ones protesting in the senate

Do we even have proof he knows her ?
    Sounds like even Al Franken was guilty of much less.

Repukes are s - already defending an attempted sexual assault.
    Do you think what he did - if proven true - is a crime?

Of course it is and of course you don't. S .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can write a letter saying your mom raped me but does not make it so
    It does this time because the say so, anonymous means everything is legit, specially when it was 40 years ago and Kavanaugh has been around since 1990.
    So NOW it seems the correct moment to scream all her ¨anonymous pain¨

Kavanaugh was a principal author of the Starr Report to Congress on the Monica LewinskyBill Clinton sex scandal.[21] He urged Starr to ask the president sexually graphic questions and argued on broad grounds for the impeachment of Bill Clinton,[26][27] describing Clinton as being involved in "a conspiracy to obstruct justice", having "disgraced his office" and "lied to the American people".

Thread Information