Post Count
    I've heard of Brady lists, but never of whole PDs being blacklisted:

https://www.texasobserver.org/the-prosecution-rests/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow.

This is very interesting as my friends and I were all pulled into the Rockport PD dept as 15 yos from San Antonio on a fishing trip during Spring Break. I had my hardship license and was pulled over for going 31 mph in a 35 mph zone and told I was speeding. Then the officer thought we were all truant from school as our Spring Break was different from Rockport. So to the station, all of us. We were/are very white and very compliant. He then had me to call my father concerning the truancy and the speeding. (Which was totally bogus) Well my father is a lawyer and told the officer why I had a hardship, that we were not truant, and that he doubted that I was speeding as I would get my butt kicked being important in driving family.

We were released, no ticket, and told to just fn leave back to San Antonio. I’m sure the Rockport Chamber of Commerce appreciated the diligenence the officer showed in getting s out of Rockport. My impression is overzealous. I was also pulled over as an 18 yo adult for no reason and given the eye tracking exam just after dark. Then told to be on my way as I had absolutely nothing too drink. The first cop was white, the eye test cop, Hispanic.

A bit strange. I drive through all the time now and never have had any problem.

Very interesting article from from my perspective. That town has a bunch of rich folk actually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've heard of Brady lists, but never of whole PDs being blacklisted:

https://www.texasobserver.org/the-prosecution-rests/
    Yeah I'm not understanding why she isn't declining to prosecute each on a case by case basis instead of this sweeping blanket.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I'm not understanding why she isn't declining to prosecute each on a case by case basis instead of this sweeping blanket.
    She blames it on systematic corruption/negligence and other agencies see the same thing. That's why she isn't getting pressured by anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well apparently now is a good time to commit real crime in Rockport I guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    endemic corruption. they don't take their Brady obligation seriously.

if Rockport won't hire officers who follow the rules, or fire officers who don't, the DA isn't required to take their cases.

Thread Information